PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Iowa Republicans are skeptical about a Palin 2012 bid

muzzled dogg
02-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Iowa Republicans are skeptical about a Palin 2012 bid

By Holly Bailey holly Bailey – Fri Feb 18, 1:02 pm ET

Speaking at a New York luncheon yesterday, Sarah Palin admitted that she's getting her "butt kicked" in many of the early 2012 GOP primary polls and said she welcomed the chance to change voters' minds.

But that may not be easy. The Washington Post's Dan Balz interviewed nearly two dozen Iowa GOP activists, who all expressed admiration for Palin. But when asked about the former Alaska governor's potential 2012 bid, many were skeptical about whether she has the needed experience and if she can actually beat President Obama.

Among other things, the GOP voters knocked Palin for her early resignation from Alaska's governor's office, while one activist described her as "combative, competitive and opportunistic."

Another expressed sympathy at the media's treatment of Palin, but added that she thinks the ex-governor "shoots her mouth off" in ways that aren't helpful.

"I think a lot of women really wanted her to be someone special," Michele Brown, a GOP volunteer, tells the Post. "I think as time has passed that she's just not a presidential candidate right now. Now maybe in time she will be, but she's got some grooming to do. I'd rather see Hillary Clinton."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110218/ts_yblog_theticket/iowa-republicans-are-skeptical-about-a-palin-2012-bid

Badger Paul
02-19-2011, 11:24 PM
I read the same article too. It tells me that Iowa is up for grabs.

invisible
02-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Michele Brown, a GOP volunteer - snip- I'd rather see Hillary Clinton."

Sad! I wonder if she voted for her last time because El Rushbo told her to?

FWIW: I ran across a guy at CPAC who said he was in tight with rick perry, and had ran his re-election campaign in one of the major metro areas in TX. He was telling me that perry was going to run for President in this election cycle, with palin as his running mate.

btw, shemdogg it was nice to meet you at CPAC as well!

eduardo89
02-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Glad to see the fall of Palin has started!

We will win Iowa!!

Paulatized
02-20-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't doubt that the establishment Republicans have Perry and a couple of others waiting in the wings to, with the help of the media, swoop to the top tier when Mitt or Newt don't pick up steam (which I don't see happening).