PDA

View Full Version : CA - Middle schools to track truant kids with GPS

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, so it begins...

GPS To Track Truant Students In Anaheim

February 18, 2011 11:37 AM

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/02/18/gps-to-track-truant-students-in-anaheim/

Students with at least four unexcused absences will be given a handheld device with a GPS signal to verify their location, which officials hope will cut down on truancies.

Anaheim School District Director of Safe Schools Rick Martens says participating students would be required to check in electronically five times a day by entering a text message.

Humanae Libertas
02-19-2011, 01:57 PM
And what happens if they don't comply?

nunaem
02-19-2011, 01:57 PM
The first commenter nailed it: "Spend the money on the kids who WANT to learn"

Why must we spend so much resources on the unwilling/unable at the expense of the willing/able?

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 02:00 PM
And what happens if they don't comply?

I imagine what normally happens in similar situations, the parents go to jail.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I imagine what normally happens in similar situations, the parents go to jail.

yes, go to jail if they spank their ass, go to jail if they aren't disciplined.

tangent4ronpaul
02-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Duplicate post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280369-Schools-use-GPS-to-track-students-who-skip

Humanae Libertas
02-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah parents, don't protest if your kids are mandated to wear GPS trackers for truancy; but god forbid they cut $10 off your salary or benefits, the whole lot will show up in the state capitol!

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Duplicate post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280369-Schools-use-GPS-to-track-students-who-skip

Damn it...I don't know if the search function is fouled up or "I'm doing it wrong" but this keeps happening.

That's it...I'm posting nothing that is more than an hour old.

dannno
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
What they need to do is hack those devices so they text back a reply automatically, then build an underground train under the school, attach the GPS devices to the train cars then video tape the administration chasing them around campus.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 02:41 PM
What they need to do is hack those devices so they text back a reply automatically, then build an underground train under the school, attach the GPS devices to the train cars then video tape the administration chasing them around campus.

Or just ty-wrap it to a dog's collar. :D:collins:

Paul Revered
02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Truants aren't complying with the first instruction. (Go to school.)

How does one encourage them to comply with the second instruction? (Hold a tracking device.)

Let alone compelling them to perform the third instruction. (Text 5 times per day.)

The third instruction might prove to be a tedious task for someone who has a history of rejecting education. (LOL, breath (Repeat as necessary))

Now for the million dollar question (.....and based on CA's history, we might expect it to cost over a trillion): How do we encourage truants to comply with instructions 2, 3, and 1, when they refused to comply with instruction 1 in the first place?

It would appear that the children have outsmarted the CA government before they even implemented this program; but in reality the CA government has outsmarted the children. They have set them up as debt slaves to their tax scheme, even before these children took their first job.

sailingaway
02-19-2011, 02:48 PM
They are trying it there, first. I hope it bombs.

They already have 'go to court if your child has more than 10 absences' in a year, and if they get sick twice, that can be all it takes. As a result, the kids go to school sick, and my kids get sick much more than they did at a school where parents kept kids home if they were sick.

The volume of illegal immigrant students in southern California makes it worse, but that is why they also might get away with this system. Those parents don't want to cause a fuss. The school nurse told us that parents don't even want to pick their kids up when the school calls because the kid has a high temperature, and they will tell her they are afraid of being pulled into court, if they are 'out of days'.

I think it is an insane system, and it is all about funding. The funding is prorated by attendance per day. It probably pays for a few gps units in the minds of the controlling administration.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Now for the million dollar question (.....and based on CA's history, we might expect it to cost over a trillion): How do we encourage truants to comply with instructions 2, 3, and 1, when they refused to comply with instruction 1 in the first place?

This is just a trial run to get everybody acclimated to it.

Next will be the "house arrest" non removable 24/7 tracking device.

Then it will be for all students, not just truants.

Then it will be this:

http://earthhopenetwork.net/RFID_hand.jpg