PDA

View Full Version : This is how we can spread the message of Ron Paul.

JackieDan
02-19-2011, 01:12 PM
ok people listen to this,

We could have someone comment something like "Ron Paul 2012" on a youtube video, and our responsibility should be to maximize it by clicking "like".

With right enough likes, it would appear right on top. This would be good if we did this with videos having millions of views. May it be from Lady Gaga or something else, but my point is that we "like" that comment so it appears on top.

How do we organize so that people know each time a comment is there?
We start up a facebook page/group and we ask each one of you to join and the guy responsible for the page would comment on a video and post it on the page making it visible for everyone, your responsibility should be to click that youtube link and "like" that comment.

If we have at least 200+ people on this journey, we can make a great success to spread his message.

Thoughts?... I'm just trying to help.. that's all.

hazek
02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
It's a decent idea for spreading name recognition.

I think if we added a link to say Ron Paul: A new hope video it might be even more effective.

mczerone
02-19-2011, 02:03 PM
meh. It seems to me that this idea was done in 2007/8, and it wasn't effective at anything but turning Ron Paul into a juvenile joke.

Go to Fark.com and search "ron paul", every thread will contain someone saying "RON PAUL !!!!11!!". That's the whole joke. Repetition of the meme is the only thing they do there to elicit a condescending response to Ron and the ideas associated with him.

I'm not saying you can't try this, but don't be surprised if I vote these comments down if I see them.

PermanentSleep
02-19-2011, 03:32 PM
In the context of what mcz said, and from my own personal experience, respectful argument of the specific positions wins more people over than excessive Ron Paul idolizing that seemed to generally turn people off during the last election. Once a negative context begins to take hold of a word/phrase/name/etc. in someone's mind, it tends to create a blinding effect that prevents people from hearing and applying reason to what you are actually trying to say. Unfortunately, the media and establishment have spent Ron's entire career attempting to paint a negative context around the man and the name.

Beginning with an issue argument, assuming it's based on sound reasoning, and allowing the other party to consider your argument based on their own reason allows an idea to take hold and grow. An idea is more acceptable when an individual claims it as his/her own through their own thinking. After this initial setup, it's much easier to convince someone of the dire consequences of NOT supporting Ron. Simply say, well you agreed on such and such, and Ron Paul's reasoning matches yours.