PDA

View Full Version : We need to make this clear to the GOP and media

Original_Intent
10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Notice how the media keeps asking Ron Paul if he will support the nominee if it isn't him? What they are really wanting to know is will his supporters vote GOP in Nov 2008 no matter what.

I think every Ron Paul supporter who is interviewed for TV, who writes a letter to the editor, or writes in a blog needs to make it very clear that we will NOT be supporting the GOP candidate if it is not Ron Paul.

No other candidate has the support that is not willing to hold their nose and vote the lesser of two evils to beat Hillary except Ron Paul.

Even if we only represent 5% of the GOP base, if we all walk, they lose.

We have got to make that clear over and over and over. I am sick of not only having to fight the media but even the party. And who knows, maybe the party would rather lose than have a Ron Paul victory.

We need to make it clear, at every opportunity, that is exactly the choice they are making.

hopeforamerica
10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree! My brother, who likes Ron Paul, but not his foreign policy, is very concerned about all of us walking away from the party. He told me it's my job to convince everyone to vote Republican no matter what. I just laughed at him and said it ain't gonna happen! We will write Ron Paul in, but no other candidate deserves our vote.
He thinks I'm crazy, and I think he's dumb.

ACJohn
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
“Someone” needs to let the GOP (and any influence they have on the “media”) that if they do not give RP an equal playing field for the nomination, then he will run as a third party and/or support a third party candidate.

RP is holding more cards then the GOP, and that is way they keep trying to nail him down on whether he will be running as a third party candidate or if he will support the GOP candidate.

richard1984
10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I think that I'll probably vote for Ron Paul no matter what. I don't want to imagine him not being on the ballot, but if he isn't (and he will be) I'll just write him in.
I just can't vote for anyone else.
I have principles, and one is that "I am going to vote for Ron Paul in 2008!"--period.

michaelwise
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I said this in a previous thread.

It is very obvious to me why they are asking him this question. Will he ask his army of supporters to vote for the republican nominee, other than himself, and will they do so? The answer is No! Therefore, the GOP loses, and they know it. Now what are they going to do about it? The GOP needs to wake up to this fact.

These clowns need to stop beating around the bush, and get over it.

davidkachel
10-23-2007, 10:45 AM
As far as I am concerned, it's either Ron Paul or the ashcan of history for the Republican party.
I will not be a slave to my own government any more.

DianeDL
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Here is some good news from the Oregon Republican Party site...

Monday, October 08, 2007
First Oregon Republican Presidential Straw Poll Picks Ron Paul

PORTLAND, Ore. – In the Oregon Republican Party’s first 2008 Presidential Straw Poll on Saturday, October 6, 2007, Ron Paul won by an overwhelming majority of the vote.

“I was impressed with the organization of the Ron Paul campaign, turning out more than 80 activists,” said Vance Day, Chairman of the Oregon Republican Party. “At $20 a vote, their contributions will have a large affect on the Oregon Republican Party’s ability to recruit and elect republican candidates.”

To be eligible to participate in the straw poll, voters had to be Oregon residents and registered republicans. Out of 115 votes cast, the results are as follows:

Ron Paul – 66.96%

Mitt Romney – 15.65%

Fred Thompson – 10.43%

Mike Huckabee – 4.35%

Rudy Giuliani – 1.74%

John McCain – 0.87%

The straw poll was part of the Oregon Republican Leadership Conference, an annual event designed to train republican candidates, consultants, and political junkies on the new tools and techniques they need to win races. The conference included presentations and trainings by nationally recognized organizations like GOPAC and the Leadership Institute on microtargeting voters, campaign tactics, and voter registration.

I got a big smile on my face when I read the above information!!!!

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
I sure as hell am not going to vote for any of the other Republicans. I may see who is running Green or possibly Democrat if it isn't Hillary.

MsDoodahs
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
will his supporters vote GOP in Nov 2008 no matter what.

No.

Why not?

Because Ron Paul supporters put COUNTRY before PARTY, unlike the rest of the GOP who do the opposite.

entropy
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
20 year registered republican here. I told my congressman and senator that I will not vote for any candidate who supports the current foreign policy of Bush. If this means republicans lose the election in 2008 so be it. History is a good barometer of future results....the 2006 elections. This is what happens when you do not listen to the people, get on your listening ears GOP!

PINN4CL3
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think they want to know if we are voting GOP or not. To me, it's just a question geared toward making Ron look bad. The neocon mouthpieces can't really press Ron too hard on his policies, because Ron comes just off as the only true conservative which backfires on them. So instead they try to paint him as a Libertarian, and not a Republican hoping to sway some votes away.

By asking if he'd vote GOP, if he says no, then he's not really a Republican at all but just a wolf in sheep's clothing. If he says yes, then he compromises his principles which is the basis of his platform.

slantedview
10-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I think every Ron Paul supporter who is interviewed for TV, who writes a letter to the editor, or writes in a blog needs to make it very clear that we will NOT be supporting the GOP candidate if it is not Ron Paul.

I agree. If nothing else, this oughta strike some fear in them.

literatim
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Here is some good news from the Oregon Republican Party site...

Monday, October 08, 2007
First Oregon Republican Presidential Straw Poll Picks Ron Paul

PORTLAND, Ore. – In the Oregon Republican Party’s first 2008 Presidential Straw Poll on Saturday, October 6, 2007, Ron Paul won by an overwhelming majority of the vote.

“I was impressed with the organization of the Ron Paul campaign, turning out more than 80 activists,” said Vance Day, Chairman of the Oregon Republican Party. “At $20 a vote, their contributions will have a large affect on the Oregon Republican Party’s ability to recruit and elect republican candidates.”

To be eligible to participate in the straw poll, voters had to be Oregon residents and registered republicans. Out of 115 votes cast, the results are as follows:

Ron Paul – 66.96%

Mitt Romney – 15.65%

Fred Thompson – 10.43%

Mike Huckabee – 4.35%

Rudy Giuliani – 1.74%

John McCain – 0.87%

The straw poll was part of the Oregon Republican Leadership Conference, an annual event designed to train republican candidates, consultants, and political junkies on the new tools and techniques they need to win races. The conference included presentations and trainings by nationally recognized organizations like GOPAC and the Leadership Institute on microtargeting voters, campaign tactics, and voter registration.

I got a big smile on my face when I read the above information!!!!

:D

amakris
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't think they want to know if we are voting GOP or not. To me, it's just a question geared toward making Ron look bad. The neocon mouthpieces can't really press Ron too hard on his policies, because Ron comes just off as the only true conservative which backfires on them. So instead they try to paint him as a Libertarian, and not a Republican hoping to sway some votes away.

By asking if he'd vote GOP, if he says no, then he's not really a Republican at all but just a wolf in sheep's clothing. If he says yes, then he compromises his principles which is the basis of his platform.

The implication is that everyone should rally around the eventual nominee. But when Hannity says "everyone" he is thinking "Ron Paul supporters." Ron Paul can test him on this. Ron Paul should have asked Hannity, "Will you support me if I win the GOP nomination?"

Hurricane Bruiser
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
The only way I would vote for a GOP nominee other than Ron Paul is if that person convinced me that they would pursue a foreign policy of pulling troops back from our empire and that the person truly understood the Constitution and personal freedoms which includes economic freedom as well.

I don't see the candidate out there beside Ron Paul.

conner_condor
10-23-2007, 01:19 PM
The only way I would vote for a GOP nominee other than Ron Paul is if that person convinced me that they would pursue a foreign policy of pulling troops back from our empire and that the person truly understood the Constitution and personal freedoms which includes economic freedom as well.

I don't see the candidate out there beside Ron Paul.

Ron Paul will get the nomination or there will be loads of trouble in this country I see...Some of the meetup groups are fuckin radical members I have read about..
All for 1 and and 1 for all...Hell will break loose...

speciallyblend
10-23-2007, 01:32 PM
I thought it was common sense, Of course im not voting republican ,unless they nominate Ron Paul for President.

GOP IS DEAD IN THE WATER,and they dont even know it. kinda funny to be honest.

2 Registered Republicans,hanging by a thread;)

Original_Intent
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah my OP was not referring to supporting or not supporting, that is a given.

We just need to repeat repeat repeat that fact every time we are interviewed, write a LTE or blog.....

Zarxrax
10-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Ron Paul – 66.96%

Mitt Romney – 15.65%

Fred Thompson – 10.43%

Mike Huckabee – 4.35%

Rudy Giuliani – 1.74%

John McCain – 0.87%

Haha, just imagine if you were that 1 person who voted for McCain, that would have to feel pretty weird :p