PDA

View Full Version : FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

tangent4ronpaul
02-19-2011, 10:15 AM
And now for your daily dose of fear mongering....

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/zawahiri-weapons-mass-destruction/2011/02/14/id/386055

The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

As it is, Majidi says, American intelligence picks up hundreds of reports each year of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD. When American forces invaded Afghanistan, they found that al-Qaida was working on what Majidi calls a “nascent” weapons of mass destruction effort involving chemical and biological weapons.

In every other case so far, the reports of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD have turned out to be unfounded. However, Majidi’s directorate within the FBI investigates more than a dozen cases in the U.S. each year where there was intent to use WMD.

For example, in 2008, the FBI arrested Roger Bergendorff, who was found to have ricin and anarchist literature. Ricin kills cells by inhibiting protein synthesis. Within several days, the liver, spleen, and kidneys of a person who inhales or ingests ricin stop working, resulting in death.

ROTGLMAO!

The LD50 of ricin is around 22 micrograms per kilogram (1.76 mg for an average adult, around 1/228 of a standard aspirin tablet (0.4g gross)) in humans if exposure is from injection or inhalation.[1] Oral exposure to ricin is far less toxic and lethal dose can be up to 20–30 mg/kg.

That's a LOT of ricin to inhale!

“The notion of probability of a WMD attack being low or high is a moot point because we know the probability is 100 percent,” Majidi says. “We’ve seen this in the past, and we will see it in the future. There is going to be an attack using chemical, biological or radiological material.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
[...]

======
We had the anthrax attack with material that originated from a army lab.

A copycat sent some ricin to Congress in an envelope in a copycat attack a few years ago, prompting an evacuation. It was a joke.

A neonazi had literature on making a dirty bomb and had been buying what radioactive material he could get. Mainly slightly radioactive uranium, not the cecium90, etc that was required - again a joke.

A group of neo-nazi's dumped a bunch of barrels of toxic material into a Chicago
reservoir back in the '70's. 98% of it landed on peoples lawns an the toxicity level, once diluted was well within safe consumption levels. Again - joke of an attack.

Anyone remember the Tokyo subway attacks? That cult had chemical engineers and built a small scale industrial plant to produce their nerve gas. Results were a dismal failure.

Now the guy that put cyanide in Tylenol capsules and put them back on store shelves at random - THAT is the kind of attack that should scare you. This fear mongering is BULLSHIT!

-t

Legend1104
02-19-2011, 10:21 AM
OOOOhhhhhh NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO AFRAID!!!!! DO WHATEVER IT TAKES JUST PLEASE STOP THESE EVIL BOOGIE MEN!

JamesButabi
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

Could you also do an analysis on the likeliness of WMD attack on a country that doesn't forcibly occupy half of the planet?

erowe1
02-19-2011, 10:31 AM
The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

I wonder what percent chance he'd give New Zealand or some other country with a noninterventionist foreign policy of getting hit with one.

erowe1
02-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

Could you also do an analysis on the likeliness of WMD attack on a country that doesn't forcibly occupy half of the planet?

Oops. You beat me to the punch.

Golding
02-19-2011, 11:12 AM
There's only one way you know 100% something is going to happen. That's if you're going to do it yourself. :)

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 12:53 PM
From the Anthrax attacks, to Operation SHAD, to the Dugaway incident, to Army spraying of New York subways with biological agents, to Hiroshima, the only entity to use WMDs in the United States and the only entity to ever use a nuclear explosive device (on a civilian population) in an attack has been the United States Government.

So for the lead police agency of the USG to come out and say that a WMD attack is inevitable, I find it not difficult to believe at all.

Just like I'd have no problem believing the mafia boss is going to have your legs broke.

Travlyr
02-19-2011, 12:57 PM
There's only one way you know 100% something is going to happen. That's if you're going to do it yourself. :)

You got that right. It's the only way.

pacelli
02-19-2011, 01:17 PM
From the Anthrax attacks, to Operation SHAD, to the Dugaway incident, to Army spraying of New York subways with biological agents, to Hiroshima, the only entity to use WMDs in the United States and the only entity to ever use a nuclear explosive device (on a civilian population) in an attack has been the United States Government.

So for the lead police agency of the USG to come out and say that a WMD attack is inevitable, I find it not difficult to believe at all.

Just like I'd have no problem believing the mafia boss is going to have your legs broke.

I completely agree. The only entity that can give 100% chance of an attack is the entity that will be engaging in the attack. I appreciate the FBI giving us a heads-up, I think "al qaeda" engages in the same warnings.

roho76
02-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

Half?

Bosco Warden
02-19-2011, 01:31 PM

I didnt need this article to tell me that, as long as we occupy the middle eastern countries this I thought was a given.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-19-2011, 01:55 PM

100% chance of a WMD attack if Ron Paul wins the primaries.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 01:56 PM
100% chance of a WMD attack if Ron Paul wins the primaries.

Yeah, no shit...:mad:

HOLLYWOOD
02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
We've seen this one from grubbing government departments before... it's the ever increasing financing scam called:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ45ADHtWYjq1bb8ssJ0l5r-QTDVDbgze-TTSiQ5EJkyeYgSKJC

Aratus
02-19-2011, 02:57 PM
two words

colin powell

richard cheney

WMD scare

perhaps... if

Finn
02-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Fear is the ultimate tool to control population. I'll always remeber Carol Rosin's warning about all this deception.

pcosmar
02-19-2011, 03:26 PM

BINGO

We have a winner.

BlackTerrel
02-19-2011, 03:42 PM

I must be planning on creating earthquakes in California then.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 04:08 PM
I must be planning on creating earthquakes in California then.

A man made WMD is not a natural disaster.

Inkblots
02-19-2011, 04:18 PM
A man made WMD is not a natural disaster.

I see your point, AF, but BlackTerrel is correct. I can say there's a 100% chance someone will be murdered today in the US, even though I'm not going to personally kill anyone. Of course there's a small but finite chance everyone will play nice with each other for the next 24 hours, or all stabbings and shootings will miraculously be nonfatal, but that chance is so vanishingly small I can say I'm 100% sure, even if I'm strictly only 99.98% sure of it. So if you want to be pedantic about it, yes, I would have to personally kill someone to be able to say 100%, but in normal conversation I can express certainty without needing to caveat with a reference to the epsilon small chance that my certainty is incorrect.

In just the same way, there's so much loose and unaccounted for nuclear and biological warfare material, and so many terrorist groups, rouge agents, and lone nuts out there striving to obtain some of it, that an FBI expert can generally be excused for saying that over, say, a 100 year time frame the chances are almost certain that one of them will succeed - a (100-epsilon)% chance that we will experience some NBC attack in the US some day.

Is this guy saying this to the press to fear-monger and protect his Bureau's funding and power? Undoubtedly. Is he lying? I don't think so.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Is this guy saying this to the press to fear-monger and protect his Bureau's funding and power? Undoubtedly. Is he lying? I don't think so.

I agree, I don't think he is lying either, there will be a WMD attack within the US, count on it.

All I'm pointing out is that, given past history, the most likely perpetrator of such an attack is the US government.

RonPaulCult
02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

BOOM - exactly!

Inkblots
02-19-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree, I don't think he is lying either, there will be a WMD attack within the US, count on it.

All I'm pointing out is that, given past history, the most likely perpetrator of such an attack is the US government.

I think it's rather more likely to be one of the aforementioned terrorist groups, rogue agents, and lone nuts. You are of course right to note the testing of chemical and biological agents on unknowing civilian populations in the '50s, but like the Tuskegee experiments, the advance of the enforcement of experimental ethics regulations, health and safety reporting, civilian oversight of military research, and, most importantly, the ease of leaking and spreading classified information and whistle-blower reports in the Internet era make a repeat of such tragedies unlikely - especially compared to the very real malefactors abroad.

TNforPaul45
02-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Today's Liberty Forecast:

100% chance of an overreaching, tyrranical Government, with wafts of Federal Boottrooper Agents floating through the Allaghaney (sp?) mountains. On the west cost you have a Bold Front with hundreds of IRS and DHS agents sweeping through the tech and healthcare sectors. And on the east coast, Ill Winds have settled in as small pockets of powerful Bankers and Special Interest politicians and Millitary-Industrial types have hunkered down to cause lousy conditions from DC all the way up to Long Island.

tangent4ronpaul
02-19-2011, 05:05 PM
today's liberty forecast:

100% chance of an overreaching, tyrranical government, with wafts of federal boottrooper agents floating through the allaghaney (sp?) mountains. On the west cost you have a bold front with hundreds of irs and dhs agents sweeping through the tech and healthcare sectors. And on the east coast, ill winds have settled in as small pockets of powerful bankers and special interest politicians and millitary-industrial types have hunkered down to cause lousy conditions from dc all the way up to long island.

rotglmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You pegged it!

DamianTV
02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow! I think I poopied in my pants just a little bit when I read the HEADLIE.

(no that isnt a misspelling)

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I think it's rather more likely to be one of the aforementioned terrorist groups, rogue agents, and lone nuts.

Serious question:

Why would you think that?

When there is no evidence of any of those (terrorist groups, rogue agents, and lone nuts) unleashing an NBC/WMD on the US mainland.

And roughly 100 well documented cases of the US government doing it, the most recent being, IIRC, a 2005 Army spraying of bacteria over Missouri.

TNforPaul45
02-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I think it's rather more likely to be one of the aforementioned terrorist groups (Campaign for Liberty), rogue agents (Ron Paul), and lone nuts (Those Ron Paul Forum People).

There I fixed it.

AFPVet
02-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Be vigilant... observe and report.

jclay2
02-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I think it's rather more likely to be one of the aforementioned terrorist groups, rogue agents, and lone nuts. You are of course right to note the testing of chemical and biological agents on unknowing civilian populations in the '50s, but like the Tuskegee experiments, the advance of the enforcement of experimental ethics regulations, health and safety reporting, civilian oversight of military research, and, most importantly, the ease of leaking and spreading classified information and whistle-blower reports in the Internet era make a repeat of such tragedies unlikely - especially compared to the very real malefactors abroad.

You are completely correct! The Underwear Bomber and the Portland Christmas Tree Bomber were lone nuts and rogue agents of terrorist sleeper cells who acted completely independent and were never aided/instructed on the attacks. Anyone who thinks that the government is involved should go put their tin foil hat back on. /endSarcasm

doodle
02-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

Not to be politically incorrect, but that name sounds like arabic, just as newsmax sounds like Israeli.

We are being caught between arab-Israeli agenda yet again.

Superfly
02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
hmmm, wonder if they just gave away their own plans for a false flag...

qh4dotcom
02-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey Dr. Vahid Majidi,

Ha Ha Ha....good point

BlackTerrel
02-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Not to be politically incorrect, but that name sounds like arabic, just as newsmax sounds like Israeli.

We are being caught between arab-Israeli agenda yet again.

It's an Iranian name - not Arabic. Not that it matters.

Unless everyone here is right and the FBI is responsible for all the terrorist attacks - in which case it all originates in Iran.

Anti Federalist
02-20-2011, 02:26 AM
It's an Iranian name - not Arabic. Not that it matters.

Unless everyone here is right and the FBI is responsible for all the terrorist attacks - in which case it all originates in Iran.

Not all "terrorism" BT, but name one NBC/WMD event that has taken place in this country that was not part of a government operation/false flag/renegade outfit/test.

Philhelm
02-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Beat me to it. Othwerwise, saying that it's 100% likely to happen is as ridiculous as saying that it's 0% likely to happen.