Southron
02-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Any hope for getting this bill passed?

juvanya
02-19-2011, 12:28 PM
woops disregard

devil21
02-19-2011, 01:22 PM
NC already has a castle doctrine, of sorts. You can shoot to kill if you believe your life is in danger from an intruder. Not sure what more anyone could want? i guess other than like TX where you can shoot people just on your property or whatever but I don't think that's necessary anyway.

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2011, 11:02 PM
It looks like it will pass. True enough that recent changes to the law allows you to use deadly force to stop a home intrusion regardless of whether you feel threatened or not, so we do have 'de facto' castle doctrine right now, but this act will serve to clarify that right so there is no more confusion. I am guessing it will pass handily, more bipartisan than along party lines. Around here, Democrats usually like gun rights too.

Southron
02-20-2011, 02:01 PM
It looks like it will pass. True enough that recent changes to the law allows you to use deadly force to stop a home intrusion regardless of whether you feel threatened or not, so we do have 'de facto' castle doctrine right now, but this act will serve to clarify that right so there is no more confusion. I am guessing it will pass handily, more bipartisan than along party lines. Around here, Democrats usually like gun rights too.

10-4.

PBrady
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I've never really been a fan of being able to use deadly force against someone who isn't threatening you. In some states, all you need is the reasonable belief that they will commit a felony, and you're all clear to blow them away. That literally means that in some states, if you catch some kid spray painting on the front of your building, and you think the costs will be more than $xx.xx (usually around $100) to fix, you can pull that trigger. That's how stupid some felonies are.

Some castle doctrines come off as if they were written by someone who was hoping some poor soul comes on their property just so they can blow them away and not get in trouble for it.