PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the level of education if Walker fires the teachers?

Michael Landon
02-18-2011, 10:08 PM
In all the threads regarding Governor Walker and the unions in Wisconsin, I haven't seen anyone address this question:

If Scott Walker were to fire the teachers and hire new teachers at lower wages with no or less benefits would the student's level of education be better, worse or stay the same?

- ML

low preference guy
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM
This is how I would phrase the question:

What happens to the level of education indoctrination if Walker fires the teachers?

eduardo89
02-18-2011, 10:10 PM
His proposal is for them NOT to be fired, nor are their wages going to be cut right now. What he's looking for is for them to contribute 50% of their pension and to contribute a higher part of their medical costs.

FrankRep
02-18-2011, 10:10 PM
WI Governor Walker isn't going to fire the teachers.

:rolleyes:

specsaregood
02-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd venture that it goes up. People afraid of losing their job tend to work harder to keep it.

Michael Landon
02-18-2011, 10:12 PM
His proposal is for them NOT to be fired, nor are their wages going to be cut right now. What he's looking for is for them to contribute 50% of their pension and to contribute a higher part of their medical costs.

I understand that and I'm not trying to mislead people with the topic, but I bring it up because I'm reminded of when Reagan told the union back in the early 80's that they could either go back to work or they would be fired.

I'm combining the two instances to generate a different take on a currently relevant topic.

- ML

archangel689
02-18-2011, 10:18 PM
awesome... he should cut the public schools entirely and privatize them :-P

FrankRep
02-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I understand that and I'm not trying to mislead people with the topic, but I bring it up because I'm reminded of when Reagan told the union back in the early 80's that they could either go back to work or they would be fired.

The Air Traffic Controllers went on Strike. Ronald Reagan didn't put up with that nonsense. Good for Reagan. Either go back to work or get fired. Makes sense.

Michael Landon
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
I noticed a lot of views but not a lot of discussion. I guess I expected more dialogue based on the other threads regarding Walker v. Union.

- ML

QueenB4Liberty
02-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure it would make a huge difference. They all teach what they are told anyhow right?

libertybrewcity
02-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Former Wi Gov Jim Doyle actually fired about 400-600 teachers. What happened to the education? Wisconsin public school education sucks to begin with.