PDA

View Full Version : Delegates and what part they play

DianeDL
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
I have felt politics more stomach-turning than inspiring...that is until this year. So I am on a learning curve here. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

In the small amount of reading I have just recently done on the presidential electoral process it is my understanding, (in Oregon), that the local or county delegates are elected by their party peers to the and it is these people who at the States Republican Party Convention vote on the “States” delegates and it is these delegates who cast the electoral votes (the number of these votes vary by state), for their presidential candidate at the Republican Nation Convention.

So with this said, it seems to me that there should be a major focus on enlightening our state delegates to RP as it will be their vote that counts.

Please forgive me if this is a dupe thread but I am off to work and have not had time to read the forum this morning

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Please read this thread (and mods please merge):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27066

Also, and please check in the state specific subforum for your state. General discussions can only be confusing since each state is different.