PDA

View Full Version : Video: Trump brings up Ron Paul on Morning Joe

StateofTrance
02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/vp/41528735%2341528735#41528735

Skip to 6:30

freshjiva
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
EVERYONE on this board, and every Ron Paul supporter should listen to this interview with Trump on Joe Scarborough.

We need to learn not to shout out "Ron Paul" during other people's speeches. It has only hurt us and makes Ron's supporters look like idiots, and often times results in negative comments by the speaker, often to the delight of the other half of the crowd that hates Ron Paul, partly because of how unclassy his supporters act.

Nothing wrong with cheering for Ron, Rand, Tom Woods, Jack Hunter, Judge Napolitano, etc., when they take the stage. Nothing wrong with starting up the "End the Fed" chant when Ron takes the stage for a speech, but STOP SHOUTING "RON PAUL" DURING OTHER PEOPLE'S SPEECHES. It only hurts public perception of our movement.

Trump's comments in this segment confirm this.

dannno
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
EVERYONE on this board, and every Ron Paul supporter should listen to this interview with Trump on Joe Scarborough.

We need to learn not to shout out "Ron Paul" during other people's speeches. It has only hurt us and makes Ron's supporters look like idiots, and often times results in negative comments by the speaker, often to the delight of the other half of the crowd that hates Ron Paul, partly because of how unclassy his supporters act.

Nothing wrong with cheering for Ron, Rand, Tom Woods, Jack Hunter, Judge Napolitano, etc., when they take the stage. Nothing wrong with starting up the "End the Fed" chant when Ron takes the stage for a speech, but STOP SHOUTING "RON PAUL" DURING OTHER PEOPLE'S SPEECHES. It only hurts public perception of our movement.

Huh, I had been CONVINCED that all this publicity was a good thing. Thanks for helping me re-think the route of remaining obscure ;)

MRoCkEd
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
everyone on this board, and every ron paul supporter should listen to this interview with trump on joe scarborough.

We need to learn not to shout out "ron paul" during other people's speeches. It has only hurt us and makes ron's supporters look like idiots, and often times results in negative comments by the speaker, often to the delight of the other half of the crowd that hates ron paul, partly because of how unclassy his supporters act.

Nothing wrong with cheering for ron, rand, tom woods, jack hunter, judge napolitano, etc., when they take the stage. Nothing wrong with starting up the "end the fed" chant when ron takes the stage for a speech, but stop shouting "ron paul" during other people's speeches. It only hurts public perception of our movement.

+ one billion!

TheTyke
02-18-2011, 05:38 PM

It's so immature...We might as well walk into churches during a sermon and shout RON PAUL and expect that to win over Christians. I just wish our people would actually THINK before doing stuff. Sigh................................

TheeJoeGlass
02-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Huh, I had been CONVINCED that all this publicity was a good thing. Thanks for helping me re-think the route of remaining obscure ;)

I think it is a bit of a double edge sword. If we do not make noise, they will not cover us. But if we continue to call out people like we do, nothing but trouble awaits us. These people will never accept Ron, or Rand, as this foreign aid dust up shows. Anybody can yell Ron Paul during a speech, including neocons.

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM
I posted this on a similiar topic.

Everybody at Faux is attacking his supporter. WHY? Because we damaged Faux credibility, revealed their Bias. They are attacking us to shut us up. "If we stop making waves and sit down and be QUIET then that will help Ron Paul because all we are doing is hurting him". It's an OBVIOUS tactic, don't fall for it. They will find a reason to criticize us no matter what we do other than go away and be silent. So keep the heat on.

Yes, lets all SHUT UP AND BE QUIET. Lets all be obedient sheep, lets do everything the NEOCONS want us to do...NOT.

And here is a question I want to ask. If all our shouting and everything the media finds fault with Ron Paul supporters is really doing nothing but hurting him, then WHY is the Ron Paul Revolution GROWING? According to the MSM our movement should be shrinking because according to them we have never learned how to "Properly Act". Does anyone see that happening?

notsure
02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the free publicity '"RON PAAULL!!!" Guy'.

That interview was pretty funny. The Don just comes off looking more like the Don. At least he came clean about his response at CPAC. He said it was just a reaction to a heckler.
That '"RON PAAUUL!!!" Guy' was great. He got em in there just at the right time too. I think it was classy and clever.
Speak you're mind. Especially when your message is strong and the opportunity presents itself. If not us, who? If not now, when?

nunaem
02-18-2011, 05:57 PM
"I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one's opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us."
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

I think shouting Ron Paul has the same effect. It wont convince anyone, but it will tell them they have not convinced US.. and tell our enemies and allies that we remain defiant.

TheTyke
02-18-2011, 06:07 PM
"Classy and clever"?!!? Since when is shouting a candidate's name during someone else's speech appropriate? Should every campaign do this? Would we want random shouts of "SARAH PALIN" "MITT ROMNEY" "GARY JOHNSON" "RRUUUUDYY GIULIANI" "HERMAN CAAIN" "ALLEN WEST" over Ron Paul while he was trying to talk???

And if you think it's ok for US to do, because we're special... that's pretty much like the neocon foreign policy that says America can do whatever to other countries because we're just naturally awesome. We should practice what we preach!

Couldn't be further from "classy." If it was a plant, that's one thing, but the people here approving of this behavior suggests it probably was us.

Here in Kentucky, where we actually won an election, we stayed respectful and didn't boo Grayson or Conway even after the hideous attacks they'd used on us. (at Rand's request) Are you interested in winning?

The liberty movement is growing DESPITE behavior like this... it sure as heck aint growing because of it.

sailingaway
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
It is the only way he gets any attention.

The thing to do is to ignore him.

Austin
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
This whole video is hilarious.... Joe could not hold in his laughter. Trump is a chump.

sailingaway
02-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Here in Kentucky, where we actually won an election, we stayed respectful and didn't boo Grayson or Conway even after the hideous attacks they'd used on us. (at Rand's request) Are you interested in winning?

The liberty movement is growing DESPITE behavior like this... it sure as heck aint growing because of it.

this^^

Gone are the days no one knew who he was and any way to get his name into the spotlight was beneficial. Now he has a brand to protect, and people to woo.

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 06:34 PM
So let me get this straight. Amercians are so Fickle in their political beliefs that they would not support a canidate based on how rowdy some of that canidates supporter are? OMG I would never shout out like that, guess I will half to find another canidate to support. :rolleyes:

jmdrake
02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL at Donald Trump attempting to lecture anybody about civility.

Orgoonian
02-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Perhaps we need to add a touch of British into our politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUy2inkGHQ&feature=related

devil21
02-18-2011, 06:49 PM
What do you "yellers" think you're accomplishing? I understand the personal aspect of not wishing to be a sheep but I don't think that's a valid reason to yell out stuff in the middle of speeches. Does yelling somehow declare you aren't a sheep?

At the end of the day, any action you take either helps or harms. I don't see where the help is with that kind of conduct. And if yelling and generally being raucous is what delineates you from a sheep, in your mind, then I think you have bigger issues than just trying to win an election.

matt0611
02-18-2011, 07:03 PM
So let me get this straight. Amercians are so Fickle in their political beliefs that they would not support a canidate based on how rowdy some of that canidates supporter are? OMG I would never shout out like that, guess I will half to find another canidate to support. :rolleyes:

Its subconsious, but yes, it matters.
It comes off as childish -> thinking that only immature people could support him -> thinking hes some kind of joke
Its sad, but true.

driller80545
02-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I think we had better start shouting in the streets, in meetings, to the press and everywhere else we travel through the day. The louder the better. Or else politely fade into the sunset.

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Stupid will always be stupid. But everyday there is some kind of thread here telling us we should back off, we shouldn't cause waves. BOY that would have been a big mistake if we didn't make a fuss about Faux News video fraud of CPAC. So where is this imaginary list telling us when its ok to make noise and when its not. Our behavior should be dictated by our social norms, what is fair, what is polite, what is respectable. Of course there are instances where people go overboard. Do you think that only Ron Paul supporters are the only ones that do it? No, but we are the only ones who get put in a bad light because of it. So yes we half to be carefull at not making a fuss at the wrong time.

Our mere presence is enough for us to be criticized. Who knows, one outburst by a Paul supporter could provoke a canidate to make a statement that would END their bid for the nomination. Whats the general concensus; did the Donald Trump dust up help us or hurt us? If it did help us then we would be handicaping ourselves the being less outspoken. That incident would have never occured. Personally I don't want to go around constantly telling people how to act or them tell me, next it will be what to eat, where to shop, blah blah blah. We know where that road leads.

There is no PERFECT solution to this problem. Being quiet could be what wins us the nomination, then again being LOUD could be what ends up winning it for us. A combination of the two maybe. Only History knows and we are not there yet and we can't predict the future, so were screwed. But one thing I have noticed is that ALL of our opponents want us to do one thing and that is to STFU. If that is what they want us to do then I will do the exact opposite.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Is there anybody credible in this thread criticizing one way or the other? I would like to hear the opinion of someone very successful at selling who is making the big $$$ regarding the etiquette of selling ideas and persuading others...

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Perhaps we need to add a touch of British into our politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUy2inkGHQ&feature=related

Monarchy looks mighty good compared to that mob rule mass theft episode. Got to admit there were some good one-liners though.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I think we had better start shouting in the streets, in meetings, to the press and everywhere else we travel through the day. The louder the better. Or else politely fade into the sunset.

That ^^^

Keep shouting.

TheTyke
02-18-2011, 07:57 PM
What do you "yellers" think you're accomplishing? I understand the personal aspect of not wishing to be a sheep but I don't think that's a valid reason to yell out stuff in the middle of speeches. Does yelling somehow declare you aren't a sheep?

At the end of the day, any action you take either helps or harms. I don't see where the help is with that kind of conduct. And if yelling and generally being raucous is what delineates you from a sheep, in your mind, then I think you have bigger issues than just trying to win an election.

Hear, hear!

Self-gratification may feel good, but winning elections is what changes policy.

Mark37snj - I also helped expose the FAUX distortion. Yelling while people are speaking is completely different.

driller80545
02-18-2011, 08:01 PM
When we used to scream "Make love, not war" would that be considered "self gratification?"

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Hear, hear!
Mark37snj - I also helped expose the FAUX distortion. Yelling while people are speaking is completely different.

So yes we half to be carefull at not making a fuss at the wrong time.

I thought that was what I was saying, sorry for not being more specific. Not interupting someone while their speaking is a good idea, telling people to tone it down, don't make waves is not. I think much confusion would have been avoided is we just state: Don't interrupt people while they are speaking, but it never stops there. More restrictions keep popping up on these threads and thats what I am concerned about. Going too far muzzling ourselves and doing our opponents dirty work for them.

Tal
02-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Imagine if the neo-cons did this every 30 sec during Ron Paul speeches, one of them would stand up and out of nowhere shout ''MITT ROMNEY'', it would really be very disruptive and make it very hard for Ron to get his message across.

You gotta be careful with this sorta thing because what goes around comes around.

TheTyke
02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
I thought that was what I was saying, sorry for not being more specific. Not interupting someone while their speaking is a good idea, telling people to tone it down, don't make waves is not. I think much confusion would have been avoided is we just state: Don't interrupt people while they are speaking, but it never stops there. More restrictions keep popping up on these threads and thats what I am concerned about. Going too far muzzling ourselves and doing our opponents dirty work them.

Oh, I see... maybe a lot of us were misunderstanding each other... the random interruptions were what I was objecting to. I cheered and chanted myself hoarse for Ron's speech and especially when he won the straw poll (to drown out the rude Establishment types :)) Absolutely we need to keep making noise besides that sort of situation!

dannno
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Is Mika getting f'd by Trump :confused:

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh, I see... maybe a lot of us were misunderstanding each other... the random interruptions were what I was objecting to. I cheered and chanted myself hoarse for Ron's speech and especially when he won the straw poll (to drown out the rude Establishment types :)) Absolutely we need to keep making noise besides that sort of situation!

qft

Another thing I noticed is that the MSM keeps referring to us as :"Highly Motivized, Exhuberent, Loyal, Dedicated, Energetic". We got those reps by being all those and Vocal. The last thing I want to add to that list is "Disrespectful". But I also don't want to lose our momentun. <--insert fine line here

Im gona need a prescription of Xanax for this election :eek:

dannno
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Wow, the irony of Ron Paul being mentioned prolifically throughout the media while a bunch of people complain about the method of attaining the attention..

Eric21ND
02-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Honest people randomly cat-calling "Ron Paul!" from the audience look like tards.

The CPAC forum with Ron, Rand, Thomas Woods, and Jack Hunter was almost unwatchable because people in the audience kept interject their $0.02 every 30 seconds. It's embarassing.

Sola_Fide
02-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Honest people randomly cat-calling "Ron Paul!" from the audience look like tards.

The CPAC forum with Ron, Rand, Thomas Woods, and Jack Hunter was almost unwatchable because people in the audience kept interject their $0.02 every 30 seconds. It's embarassing.

+++++

pacelli
02-18-2011, 09:22 PM
How would we feel if China did that to us?

Maybe we'll find out?

Joseph
02-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Donald Trump said that he liked his job and if he could find someone to support he would, I feel like he was almost asking the crowd to do what they did because he knew that the majority of people in the audience were Ron Paul people considering Rand Paul was going to be the next speaker. Then when the crowd answered his little aside he told them that their answer was not viable. It all seemed pretty well planned out from my perspective. I did not yell out Ron Paul but I certainly booed him when he said Ron Paul could not win. Trump is not an idiot, though there are probably some people who raise serious doubts about that, but Trump knew who his audience was before speaking and he knew what the reaction would be when he said that if he could find someone to support he would support them.

devil21
02-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Wow, the irony of Ron Paul being mentioned prolifically throughout the media while a bunch of people complain about the method of attaining the attention..

So I assume you subscribe to the celebrity motto of "There's no such thing as bad publicity"?

jtstellar
02-19-2011, 07:30 AM
imo this is a job on the organizers.. some people will remain certain ways and you're not going to make every person suddenly +100iq the second they step into a room like the cpac event.. it should be on the part of small local organizers to recommend certain people they feel are suited to represent the movement at this type of televised events.. and if something goes wrong, hold organizers responsible.

Bern
02-19-2011, 08:04 AM

You can't be a guerrilla fighter forever if you want to achieve success. Once you have gotten people's attention, which Ron Paul definitely has, it's time to shift your focus to winning their minds. Guerrilla fighting isn't conducive to that goal.

$.02

MelissaCato
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM

LOL Yep. County Fairs with open mic, Field Days with open mic, Rodeos with open mic, any open mic stage will do 4 me. Since I've heard of Ron Paul I always mention him on the open mic events. Just a quick who is Ron Paul or Ron Paul 4 President. Nothing stupid or ratty. Next thing ya know others intown do the same outta signature even the announcers intro begins is there Ron Paulers in the house. I love it. Ron Paul 2012 !!!

reduen
02-19-2011, 09:11 AM
How would we feel if China did that to us?

Maybe we'll find out?

lol

johnrocks
02-19-2011, 10:11 AM

Yep, "catch more flies with honey than vinegar", why things like throwing snowballs by a few at Sean Hannity hurts us all, that, spamming other forums, etc., turns many people off. One poster,;just a few weeks ago on another forum; sent me a PM stating that he went from being a neo conservative supporter to supporting non interventionism due in large part to my posts, not trying to pat myself on the back here but it's human nature to gravitate toward civility and away from incivility.

georgiaboy
02-19-2011, 10:19 AM
agree - if we keep our cool while the establishment starts ranting and attacking, we get the upper hand. It was one aspect of RP that attracted me during the debates.

akforme
02-19-2011, 10:58 AM
They are always going to bitch about something. This I like Ron except his supporters is just an out. They don't like Ron but they'd rather blame it on BS then have a debate.

Rocco
02-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Dear god, some of our supporters really are immature. "Hey man, you want to show common courtesy towards other speakers?! Thats what the NEOCONS want us to do!" is the worst excuse for this behavior I have heard. It's actually the opposite, they're using these peoples actions as a means to devalue the entire conference and, by association, our straw poll victory. By behaving like children they tainted the entire conference and made our supporters look awful. That is exactly what the neocons want.

I don't know if some of you are a part of this movement just because you want to be a "rebel", but please don't fuck it up for people who actually are here because we want freedom in this nation. I appreciate every Ron Paul supporter on earth for having found your way to this message despite the mass media bias, but some people are doing more harm then good with their actions.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Dear god, some of our supporters really are immature. "Hey man, you want to show common courtesy towards other speakers?! Thats what the NEOCONS want us to do!" is the worst excuse for this behavior I have heard. It's actually the opposite, they're using these peoples actions as a means to devalue the entire conference and, by association, our straw poll victory. By behaving like children they tainted the entire conference and made our supporters look awful. That is exactly what the neocons want.

I don't know if some of you are a part of this movement just because you want to be a "rebel", but please don't fuck it up for people who actually are here because we want freedom in this nation. I appreciate every Ron Paul supporter on earth for having found your way to this message despite the mass media bias, but some people are doing more harm then good with their actions.

Jesus Christ, condescending, petulant and churlish, all in one post.

I hope everybody just keeps right on doing what they think is the best course of action for them.

And if that includes whooping and hollering and raising hell for Ron Paul, then go for it.

pcosmar
02-19-2011, 12:05 PM

I hope everybody just keeps right on doing what they think is the best course of action for them.

And if that includes whooping and hollering and raising hell for Ron Paul, then go for it.

I remember when Hollering , Crashing servers and making folks change their home phone numbers was the only thing that kept Ron Paul in the debates.
Sitting quietly and accepting the bullshit only got us more bullshit.

Shout these corrupt fuckers down. every time they open their lying mouths.

speciallyblend
02-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I remember when Hollering , Crashing servers and making folks change their home phone numbers was the only thing that kept Ron Paul in the debates.

someone has to push back, after 2 days of might is right at cpac. All i can tell you is many times when folks shouted something out it was no different then romney and neo-cons shouting usa usa usa, so finally after hearing that off and on during tim pawlentys speech usa usa usa usa might is right. You can bet your dam skippy i shouted out declare war declare war usa usa! folks here can hate me for it but at some point you have to draw a line and call BULLSHIT or your just sitting in shit!!! if your not a registered republican or going to gop meetings and holding the republicans accountable personally i don't give a rat's ass what folks think!! We are changing things in Colorado because we do stand up and hold folks accountable!!! any colorado republican can tell you!! All i can say in justifying declare war usa usa is we are lucky i didn't say what i wanted to!! now that both sides got their jabes in at cpac, lets turn the OWN network off and stop the drama and join the gop become a delegate and nominate Ron Paul 2012 !!!

Tax the Fed
02-19-2011, 12:22 PM
(Thanks for posting this msnbc link for morning joe so that some of us on the weekends can catch up on the busy week we've had . . . Thanks StateofTrance !)

Trump said in the interview he was sitting in his office talking to contractors dealing with Chinese products and asked by CPAC if he would speak and that he was in the right mood to accept . . .

Trump also said that we are in the worst conditions we have ever had internationally . . .
but then said that RP has 0% chance of winning the election.

Time for your lesson Donald . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/fpfronpaul.jpg

RP knows about what a US foreign non-interventionist policy should be . . .
and is not an isolationist at all - a position I have personally defended in a call to the CSPAN Morning Journal show back in 2008.

a reminder to the great state and city of New York :
RP introduced the idea of a letter of marque for air piracy . . . ingenious!

The September 11 attacks were defined as acts of "air piracy" and the Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001 was introduced, which would have granted the president the authority to use letters of marque and reprisal against the specific terrorists. The terrorists were compared to pirates in that they are difficult to fight by traditional military means.

Congressman Paul also advocated the use of letters of marque to address the issue of Somali pirates operating in the Gulf of Aden on April 15, 2009.

Letters of marque are a war powers declaration called for in the US Constitution introduced through Massachusetts delegate Elbridge Gerry (who had a shipping business) and were used by several colonies and by the US over 500 times in the War of 1812.

Read more Donald . . . and hope to maybe see you at a Jets game . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/jetsgame2011.jpg

freshjiva
02-19-2011, 12:37 PM

AF, you know I look at you like a brother, but I really have to disagree with you here.

There's a difference between being docile sheep and being intelligent with how you energize our base.

To make my point, I have to point towards college sports. Not sure how many people follow sports here, but you gotta look at Duke. They have one of the best fan bases in all of American sports, not because they are wild hooligans that chant "Go Duke!" at every moment they get, but because they are well organized, synchronized, and come up with intelligent methods of cheering for their team. No doubt other schools like UNC, Notre Dame, USC, also have disciplined cheering methods, but the point is that because they are organized, creative, and intelligent about how they root for their team, they are effective at creating a VERY difficult environment for opposing teams.

We need to learn from them. Randomly shouting "Ron Paul!" when someone is talking about abortion or the federal debt is not going to achieve anything; to the contrary, it makes us look like drones that always have a one or two-word response to everything.

Get organized, get creative, and cheer for our guy. We have a lot of this for the most part; just a few individuals ruin it, and we now see that other idiot Trump making his rounds on MSM because of his comment, which was inspired by ONE empty-headed guy who decided to shout Ron Paul's name during his speech.

Rocco
02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
AF, I know you are well respected around here, but I have to disagree. You seem to forget that WE NEED some of these peoples votes to get the nomination. I'm not talking about the neocons, i'm talking about the people who may be on the fence about Ron Paul who have decided that they dont like him/he cannot win because of our actions. It DOES make a difference!

It's worth pointing out that Ron Paul SPECIFICALLY told us not to pull this kinda crap. So what do we do? We directly disobey his wishes and do so in his name? It's disrespectful to Dr Paul, the CPAC convention and the movement as a whole.

You cannot deny that mainstream media has downplayed CPAC, in large part because of our supporters behaviors.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-19-2011, 05:08 PM
IT could be worse, it could be the rebel yell :D

pcosmar
02-19-2011, 05:13 PM
AF, I know you are well respected around here, but I have to disagree. You seem to forget that WE NEED some of these peoples votes to get the nomination. I'm not talking about the neocons, i'm talking about the people who may be on the fence about Ron Paul who have decided that they dont like him/he cannot win because of our actions. It DOES make a difference!

It's worth pointing out that Ron Paul SPECIFICALLY told us not to pull this kinda crap. So what do we do? We directly disobey his wishes and do so in his name? It's disrespectful to Dr Paul, the CPAC convention and the movement as a whole.

You cannot deny that mainstream media has downplayed CPAC, in large part because of our supporters behaviors.

What about the RUDE ASS RomneyBots that Booed last year?
You know the ones they played a clip of this year claiming that Ron was Booed this year
Oops,, no mention of rudeness there,,,,

No mention of the rudeness by the MSM toward Paul supporters either
Punks in moms basement
Paultards
etc etc etc

Nope no rudeness there. :rolleyes:

:mad:

Fuck the dumb shit and the one sided shit too.
They downplayed CPAC because Ron Paul was the big winner. Period.

specsaregood
02-19-2011, 05:15 PM

That really has shown to be the only way to be heard.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM

And here's our guest, Ron Paul, a congressman from Texas who has no chance at winning.

So, Congressman, why are you running for president when you have no chance of winning?

Ron Paul, a congressman running for president who has no chance of winning, believes the Federal Reserve should be abolished (insert monotone laughter).

payme_rick
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with shouting during speeches such as the pep-rallyesque speeches at CPAC if you disagree, but when some neocon is up there providing sound-bytes for the neocons at home, it's best not to yell "ron paul"... Like it or not some of those "neocons at home" are the one's we need to sway to vote for Ron, so interrupting/heckling one of their heroes with the words "Ron Paul" isn't going to win any of them over...

If you're serious about getting Ron Paul elected, don't annoy the masses with his full name... Yell "liar" or whatever, but don't make "him" annoying...

Captain Shays
02-19-2011, 07:13 PM
It simply wasn't the time nor the place to shout out Ron Paul's name. It wasn't as bad though as the guy who shouted "war criminal" to Dick Cheney at neocon central on national TV. Man, I am STILL Hearing the local hate Ron Paul radio talk show host getting fodder out of that one. Gee thanks for embarrassing me. What's next? Shouting 911 was an inside job at another public event to attach us all to the truther movement? OK I admit it. I don't believe the government's official story about 911 but it has already been established that NOTHING new is going to come out and, convince the American people that our government flew planes into buildings. All that will do is make us and, Ron Paul look like kooks. In fact, I may have given neocon central a blueprint for demolishing our hopes.

So gung ho Ron Paul people. That old saying by the corrupt politician to one of his corrupt politician buddies running for office. "I can be for you or I can be against you, whatever you think is better".

If you are for us, shut up until the time and place is right. If you're against us shout out stupid things at the wrong time and the wrong place. Not only will it demolish all our hopes, and Ron Paul's chances, but it will also waste our campaign money that we invest in our future.

MelissaCato
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !! Oppps sorry, wrong thread.

anaconda
02-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Which little picture on the left was I supposed to click on to get the Trump interview?

anaconda
02-19-2011, 08:17 PM

I think it is possible that increasingly average Americans might like to join a movement that is nonviolent but vocally indignant and disgusted with the status quo. And has some life and energy! In other words they get to vent AND change the system. Who wants to join a movement of a bunch of meek subservient people who will not rail against tyranny? I think as the months go by these kinds of events will make the revolution more appealing..not less..

notsure
02-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !! Oppps sorry, wrong thread.

And bring your voice down, there's no yelling allowed here. And don't say Ron Paul; say something like RP or Ron P or Tea Party or something like that. And don't say 2012, other people might get offended if we start supporting Ron too early; say something like Future, or Hope. Now that we have all of that covered you should be well on your way to supporting Ron Paul. Make sure to check back often for any new, appropriate ways to show your support for freedom.

JTWilliams
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
This is indeed an important conversation, but overall I agree that there was no need to insert RON PAUL into the middle of Trump's speech. I was not in the auditorium at CPAC for that speech (I was in overflow room). On the other hand, heckling and/or calling out a Cheney or Rumsfeld at a meeting of conservative activists is appropriate, IMHO. I was at CPAC, and had a hard time keeping quiet hearing the likes of Orrin Hatch tell us he's serious about fiscal conservatism. The tea-party, whatever it is today, is about letting your politicians know that you've kept their eye on their hypocrisy and kept track of their lies! But at an event you attend for Ron Paul, I'm sure the Congressman would urge respect for our opponents.

JTWilliams
02-19-2011, 11:06 PM
i disagree, by Nuremberg standards, Cheney is a war criminal. He and Rumsfeld should not walk about freely and of clear conscience. Maybe that act of protest will keep those men from coming to conservative events again. If our government doesn't have the will to prosecute those men, then we should at least seek for them to quarantine themselves from public scorn. They (the neocons) already call any anti-war activism left-wing, and when ignorant conservatives of the Limbaugh variety see anti-war activists cheering for other conservative ideas, perhaps in time they may question their own assumptions.

Again, I don't think it was good to heckle Trump in the middle of his speech, but we can't just shut up in case some people disagree with and might make fun of us! But I agree that in a forum that we attend for Ron Paul, we have to choose our spots. It's not easy though, because you hear alot of gut-wrenching nonsense out there.

speciallyblend
02-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Declare war!!!!!!

Texan4Life
02-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Would we want random shouts of "SARAH PALIN" "MITT ROMNEY" "GARY JOHNSON" "RRUUUUDYY GIULIANI" "HERMAN CAAIN" "ALLEN WEST" over Ron Paul while he was trying to talk???

this

Anti Federalist
02-20-2011, 11:57 AM

My ire at your post was based not so much on the sentiment that you are expressing here, I can understand that; even if I don't entirely agree.

It was more at the exclusionary tone you took at addressing people, that are on "our side", that were acting in a way you didn't agree with.

"Childish" and "immature" being the prime examples.

I've got a real thin skin, for a number of reasons, for that sort of thing.

We are a tiny minority of people that is just starting to take on the largest, most powerful, most firmly entrenched "establishment system" the world has ever known, in an effort to restore liberty. That is a Herculean, Olympian, Titanic effort. We need every single warm body we can find. We are not in a position to be picky. There are people in this effort who hold views I find personally difficult to accept. But I do, and I don't question it for a second, because I realize how important that it is to keep everybody together on this.

If some of our more "exuberant" brothers and sisters raised too much hell, well, so be it, shine it on, maybe mention it privately to them if you were there, but still back them up publicly.

We've got the entire establishment looking to throw all of us under the bus, we should never, no matter how much you may disagree, do it to each other.

Oh, and I also do not agree that the MSM has downplayed CPAC because of anything "our people" may have done, other than to turn out and win. The MSM downplayed and pooh poohed last years win in the exact same way.