PDA

View Full Version : Liberty PAC Announces Presidents' Day Money Bomb!

Matt Collins
02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
http://libertypac.com/lpac/images/place-holder-3.jpg

February 18, 2011

Dear Matt,

A great man was born 279 years ago.

George Washington was a freedom fighter, a leader, and one of our greatest Presidents. But, much of General Washington's greatness was marked not by what he did, but by what he chose not to do.

He could have been a King.

Instead, he stood for Liberty and stepped aside after eight years, allowing our young Republic to grow into the greatest nation in Human history.

2012 offers our movement a tremendous opportunity. Our nation is beset with crippling debt, an out of control federal government, and a foreign policy that weakens our national defense and isolates us from the world.

But with hard work and determination, we can change course and turn our country back toward Liberty and all of its rewards.

Quite frankly, we need to elect a President in 2012 who will do a lot less: less meddling in the economy, less spending, less warrantless ransacking, less bailing out of Wall Street, less inflating, and less foreign aid and overseas intervention.

We need a President who will respect our Constitution, not someone who simply pays lip service to our traditions.

Because I want a President who does so much less, a lot of people ask me if this means I want a weak President.

My answer is "No!" I want a strong President - a President like George Washington.

I want a President strong enough NOT to take power he should not have.

It is no secret that I am weighing my personal political options for 2012, and that I am relying on Liberty PAC to fund my efforts while I make important decisions.

Monday, February 21st, is Presidents' Day, which celebrates George Washington's birthday, and we hope to make it one to remember.

http://libertypac.com/lpac/images/libertypacmb.jpg

On Monday, Liberty PAC will host its first-ever Money Bomb. Please mark it on your calendar and consider contributing. If we all come together and pitch in, we can take our country back from the statists that are stealing our Liberty and shredding our Constitution.

The next few months will be critical to ensuring a successful political operation for the 2012 cycle. I hope you will join me by making this Presidents' Day, February 21st, truly special.

For Liberty,

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9712f553eeb54df4c700abc96d8f0cb4/RPsig.jpg

Ron Paul

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Im going to cry.....

This is so awesome.

Mark37snj
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I love the picture they used. It looks Ronald Reagen tuff.

ItsTime
02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Clearly the goal is 2million... lets bust that thing!

R3volutionJedi
02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
:') Yeah!

truthsaga
02-18-2011, 03:33 PM
::Cries:: I am going to go watch, "For Liberty."

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Clearly the goal is 2million... lets bust that thing!

...... wow

With the goal set now at 2 Million we need to get EVERYONE to donate something, even if its $5. I remember that in 2007-2008 we broke EVERY ticker they put up for us blowing expectations out of the water. We have to make this happen again.

Bergie Bergeron
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Good stuff.

ItsTime
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Im going all in on the 21st.

ItsTime
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Well at least I know who is running the fan page! Matt is that youuuuuuuuuu? :collins:

Thomas
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
can we reach 2 million?!

pacelli
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Chart of LibertyPAC 2010 expenses here:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cmte=C00234641&cycle=2010

trey4sports
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
If i remember correctly you can max out to this PAC while still being able to max out for the official campaign later. My point is, no need to pace yourself ;)

trey4sports
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
2 mill is a steep figure though. I was expecting 300K or so

rich34
02-18-2011, 04:03 PM
2 fuckin million??? Damn, I'd love for us to raise that much, but boy I hope we don't set the bar to high. I really think if Ron would announce his candidacy we could hit that, but just to fund a PAC? We better be spreading this moneybomb FAR and WIDE folks!

R3volutionJedi
02-18-2011, 04:04 PM
wow, one of the donation options is $20.12 - you get it, Twenty Twelve. I'm getting more optimistic about this every day! I'm 16, and I'm so looking to being part of this!

rich34
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I sure hope we can get this money bomb info posted on all the liberty loving forums, websites, blogs etc.. all over the internet. I must admit, this is the first that I've heard it so I'm going to assume that a lot of potential donors will never know about this money bomb.

ronpaulhawaii
02-18-2011, 04:09 PM
wow, one of the donation options is $20.12 - ...

:D

ItsTime
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
wow, one of the donation options is $20.12 - you get it, Twenty Twelve. I'm getting more optimistic about this every day! I'm 16, and I'm so looking to being part of this!

Welcome to the board! Im not sure you can donate but there are 1000 things you can do. Including getting your parents to donate ;)

RPaul89
02-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't see the counter on LibertyPAC. What's up?

muzzled dogg
02-18-2011, 04:22 PM
that's a lotta commas

ronpaulhawaii
02-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't see the counter on LibertyPAC. What's up?

They are working on it... it'll be there

wizardwatson
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Why are they announcing one business day prior? Seems like it would've been more effective a little earlier for Pete's sake.

Tinnuhana
02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Should we be making pledges ? (Can't find the pledge page) ...Or just donate on Monday?

pacelli
02-18-2011, 04:35 PM
With this much notice, forget about pledges.

matt0611
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Join our Facebook event page to show your support and invite your friends! :)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125262924213897

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 04:42 PM
2 fuckin million??? Damn, I'd love for us to raise that much, but boy I hope we don't set the bar to high. I really think if Ron would announce his candidacy we could hit that, but just to fund a PAC? We better be spreading this moneybomb FAR and WIDE folks!

When Ron sent out the first email mentioning LibertyPAC I'm pretty sure we raised over 100,000 dollars in the first 48 hours. (it's in a thread somewhere on here)

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Why are they announcing one business day prior? Seems like it would've been more effective a little earlier for Pete's sake.

I first came up with the idea 10 days ago.... I am impressed that they have even made effort to get a ticker set up, make email announcements, and support the moneybomb.

Should we be making pledges ? (Can't find the pledge page) ...Or just donate on Monday?

Best bet is join the FB group.

ronpaulhawaii
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Blame UtahApocalypse :p

rutgerscamdenYAL
02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if we want this or not but if this money bomb gets that big it will probably make national headlines

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if we want this or not but if this money bomb gets that big it will probably make national headlines

At this point I think its going to make the news one way or the other.....

let's make sure the story is that we set records and not that we fell short or don't have the ability to fund raise that we had in 08'

runningdiz
02-18-2011, 06:29 PM

This is a huge step up from the 08 campaign. Our moneybombs then were pretty much bottom up organized with no help from official organization.

Plus: any successful money bomb has to originate from the enthusiasm of the grassroots. Campaigns have tried to organize money bombs from the top down and they have failed miserably.

runningdiz
02-18-2011, 06:31 PM
When Ron sent out the first email mentioning LibertyPAC I'm pretty sure we raised over 100,000 dollars in the first 48 hours. (it's in a thread somewhere on here)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/11/ron-paul-takes-another-step-towards-12-bid/#more-146643

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 06:44 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/11/ron-paul-takes-another-step-towards-12-bid/#more-146643

Thanks for finding this. I think this 100,000 in the first 48 hours thing is overwhelmingly encouraging. Maybe spreading this article around will generate even more hype amongst the rest of the grassroots.

nciCaucus
02-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I want him to run for president but really I want him to run for senate because he CAN win that...he's much less likely to win the GOP nomination!

Besides, can you imagine Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Mike Lee, and Jim DeMint in the senate? They could take over leadership and really make a difference. If he runs for prez and loses he'll still only be in the house

Then again the presidency will get MUCH more publicity even if he loses. I dunno...it's such a major decision...even bigger than last time.

Bergie Bergeron
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I want him to run for president but really I want him to run for senate because he CAN win that...he's much less likely to win the GOP nomination!

Besides, can you imagine Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Mike Lee, and Jim DeMint in the senate? They could take over leadership and really make a difference. If he runs for prez and loses he'll still only be in the house

Then again the presidency will get MUCH more publicity even if he loses. I dunno...it's such a major decision...even bigger than last time.
He's only got one shot because of his age. It's president of nothing.

ronpaulhawaii
02-18-2011, 07:37 PM

been discussed, you're not gonna get much support here... Welcome to the crucible, Mark :)

Inkblots
02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Aw, man. I'm kind of bummed: I'd been saving 100 bucks for the first money bomb, but I gave it to LibertyPAC after Ron's speech at CPAC when he sent out that e-mail saying he'd send a copy of "End the Fed" to donors at the $100 level. Now my donation won't show up on the ticker!

Well, I suppose I could toss in $10 more on Monday - at least it will help keep the average donation size small ;)

ItsTime
02-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Donate anything. Five buck or whatever. But anyone who can go all in should seriously think about doing it monday.

Michigan11
02-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!

This time around let's make it a real Revolution!

ChristianAnarchist
02-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Ron Paul HAS to run for president. That's where he can do the most good. As a Senator he's only one vote in 100. As the president he gets to have his Italian bodyguard, "VETO". . . Think of what this country would look like with Dr. No as the head of the Executive. Do you think he might just order the troops home? Maybe he would tell the AG to not prosecute certain tax and drug "crimes" (especially without first establishing a basic case - like liability in a tax case)??? Do you suppose he might take Bernanke off the Fed board? How about ordering the TSA to quit groping your daughters?

This would truly be a different country with him in that oval office. If we don't do this in 2012, don't expect to even have another chance in 2016. We will be bankrupt long before then.

ronpaulforchange
02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I'll be chipping in Monday. It's way too exciting for me to resist.

mport1
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he can win either. The reason why he needs to run for President is to get the message of liberty out to as many people as possible. That is what is needed.

Legend1104
02-18-2011, 11:21 PM
I might even drop a buckaroo or two too.

Matt Collins
02-20-2011, 01:06 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Ron_Paul_2008_PCC_Fundraising.png

ChristianAnarchist
02-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Liberty pac seems to be having some kind of problem with their donation page. I've tried both Firefox and IE but neither one can finish the transaction...

Hope it's fixed soon.

Harry96
02-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Liberty pac seems to be having some kind of problem with their donation page. I've tried both Firefox and IE but neither one can finish the transaction...

Hope it's fixed soon.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe that means the total on the ticker is artificially low.

Harry96
02-21-2011, 06:57 AM

But remember that a senate win isn't guaranteed. He tried that in '84, and lost the primary and his House seat along with it. I know he's a lot more famous now, but it's still not guaranteed. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if someone high up leaned on Kay Bailey Hutchison to retire with the hope that Ron would take the bait, give up his House seat to run for hers, then get knocked out of office completely.

Also, if Ron were 10+ years younger, I could see gambling on a senate win with the longer-term goal of being a more viable presidential candidate as a senator. But he's too old to run for president again even in 2016, assuming Obama is reelected. If it's going to happen, it has to be now.

A presidential run is arguably an even longer shot than a senate bid, but he can hold onto a safe House seat and also be a lot more visible to educate people than he would in a senate campaign. And again, this is his last chance to run for president, so he might as well go for it.