PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Says '12 Run Depends On Fall Of U.S. Dollar

bobbyw24
02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Rep. Ron Paul (R) told reporters Saturday that the bulk of the economic crisis is yet to come, and that a White House '12 bid largely hinges on his anticipated fall of the U.S. dollar.

Prior to appearing before the Virginia Tea Party Patriots Convention in Richmond, Paul called a complete implosion of the U.S. currency system "95% likely... [because] right now the whole world is racing to beat their currencies because they think it's going to help trade...

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/10/paul_says_12_ru.php

erowe1
02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah, but that was over 4 months ago.

It seems obsolete now, given that he's running.

bobbyw24
02-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Yeah, but that was over 4 months ago.

It seems obsolete now, given that he's running.

Is it official?

Slutter McGee
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
What he said is a great political tool I think. If the dollar does fall he comes out as a genius. If it doesn't then it really wont affect things much.
Sorta like predicting the Superbowl in June.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Bern
02-18-2011, 08:31 AM
It's not a question of *if* the dollar falls. It's a question of *when*. Timing is everything.

tangent4ronpaul
02-18-2011, 08:36 AM
What he said is a great political tool I think. If the dollar does fall he comes out as a genius. If it doesn't then it really wont affect things much.
Sorta like predicting the Superbowl in June.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Fall how much more? It's already worth 5 cents of what it was worth in 1913 and 60 cents of what it was worth in 1996. It's been in freefall for a long time. Does it have to be more cost effective to use FRN's as TP or cooking / heating fuel before he'll run? Lets hope not!

-t

erowe1
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Is it official?

I guess not. But it's all but official. He's essentially campaigning for president now. I think it's now just a matter of nothing happening that might convince him not to run, rather than something happening that might convince him to run.

bobbyw24
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
I guess not. But it's all but official. He's essentially campaigning for president now. I think it's now just a matter of nothing happening that might convince him not to run, rather than something happening that might convince him to run.

I agree

Slutter McGee
02-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Fall how much more? It's already worth 5 cents of what it was worth in 1913 and 60 cents of what it was worth in 1996. It's been in freefall for a long time. Does it have to be more cost effective to use FRN's as TP or cooking / heating fuel before he'll run? Lets hope not!

-t

It will have to fall in relation to other currencies. It has decreased quite a bit in the last few years, but it is not a dramatic fall or crash.

Slutter McGee

jrskblx125
02-18-2011, 08:57 AM
So im assuming were hoping for a collapse in the near future?? I should start buying silver!

fisharmor
02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
It will have to fall in relation to other currencies. It has decreased quite a bit in the last few years, but it is not a dramatic fall or crash.

Slutter McGee

I dunno, seems like the great educator would be able to point out that if you're having trouble feeding your kids and putting gas in your car, it doesn't really matter what other currencies are doing.
The dollar is falling because they're sucking the juice out of it to help offset the costs of crap we don't need or even want.
I think if he sticks to that, it's not going to matter that talking heads point out that things are just as bad everywhere else.

tangent4ronpaul
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM

It seems like election laws (FEC) have made it more advantageous to not declare till much later, from a fund raising perspective as well as having your hands tied in so many ways, once you do. O don't think anyone has declared yet - Dem or Repub.

In Paul's case, it also leaves him lots of face time on the MSN re: the economy, the FED, foreign policy, etc. without being ignored.

-t