PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Tea Party Organizer Weighs In On FOX CPAC Distortion

TheTyke
02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Organizer of one of the largest tea parties in the state, I always took Mica for a Palin girl. But once again proving that working with the tea party folks (not bashing/attacking them or their candidates) will win people over, today Mica made a post (http://micadaily.blogspot.com/2011/02/fox-news-vs-rep-ron-paul.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMicaDaily+%28The+Mica+Dail y%29&utm_content=FaceBook) that seemed very supportive of Ron Paul. More especially, she reaches a lot of the tea party in Kentucky, so this is a great start to getting their support.

She has really surprised me in the past few months by her willingness to think for herself and support what is right - regardless of Establishment or politicians opinions. My hat is also off to Kentucky activists who built coalitions instead of alienating people.

She's taken a lot of heat for her principles, so maybe we could gently help out in the comment section. :)

Thomas
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
bump! remember people, civility = good

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Come on, guys, you can post anonymously for heaven's sake....

TheTyke
02-18-2011, 12:39 AM
I remember many times during Rand's campaign that Palin etc. were mentioned and I had to bite my tongue from saying exactly what came to mind.... but as we know, Ron Paul primarily deals in principle, and rarely targets individuals. I think that restraint is paying dividends, as many of the tea party folks are now considering Ron, and debating his positions. In fact, he seems like one of the most discussed presidential candidates!

There is even more good news... another of the major tea parties in the state, Louisville, had a meeting about a month or so back. Despite the icy cold, the restaurant was packed with 100+ activists. A friend got up and asked how many were familiar with Campaign for Liberty - about 1/3 were - and was given the opportunity to explain more about us. Person by person, we are breaking the old media's grasp on the population.

And the icing on the cake was the Louisville Tea Party also sent out an email calling to End The Fed! (Not just audit it. :))

sailingaway
02-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I remember many times during Rand's campaign that Palin etc. were mentioned and I had to bite my tongue from saying exactly what came to mind.... but as we know, Ron Paul primarily deals in principle, and rarely targets individuals. I think that restraint is paying dividends, as many of the tea party folks are now considering Ron, and debating his positions. In fact, he seems like one of the most discussed presidential candidates!

There is even more good news... another of the major tea parties in the state, Louisville, had a meeting about a month or so back. Despite the icy cold, the restaurant was packed with 100+ activists. A friend got up and asked how many were familiar with Campaign for Liberty - about 1/3 were - and was given the opportunity to explain more about us. Person by person, we are breaking the old media's grasp on the population.

And the icing on the cake was the Louisville Tea Party also sent out an email calling to End The Fed! (Not just audit it. :))

All good news!

MRoCkEd
02-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Mica was an early supporter of Rand Paul, and it's great to see her becoming more libertarian. We'd love to have her in the R[3VOL]ution!

She's also an RPF member.

TonySutton
02-18-2011, 08:19 AM
hahaha ok, did one of you make this comment?

Some of the people at CPAC were rude, absolutely! But one doesn't = all.
If one = all what would that say about Republican senators that need to use the bathroom at an airport?
See.... silly huh?

Priceless!

Sola_Fide
02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I have a million anecdotal stories like this from my time in the Kentucky tea parties.

Rand has had a MAJOR influence on the conservatives here in KY and there are many who are giving Ron a fresh look.

hugolp
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
One thing that has surprised me is that the people booing at the Ron Paul straw paul victory during CPAC 2010 were considered just people expresing their opinion, but the people booing Cheney were some kind of horrible and uncivilized people, and by association all of the Ron Paul movement. Talking about double standards.

georgiaboy
02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
bump

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2011, 09:19 AM
We will win Kentucky......

Sola_Fide
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
We will win Kentucky......

That is going to be difficult. I would say at this point that Huckster is a shoe-in for Kentucky. Hope things change.

Sola_Fide
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Look at one of the comments:

Anonymous said... Moral of the story: Ron Paul supporters are psychotic thugs as usual. No one has sucked up to the Pauls more than Fox news so the idea that they would do this deliberately is laughable. Almost as laughable as that interview with Mica last year.....

:collins:

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Organizer of one of the largest tea parties in the state, I always took Mica for a Palin girl. But once again proving that working with the tea party folks (not bashing/attacking them or their candidates) will win people over, today Mica made a post (http://micadaily.blogspot.com/2011/02/fox-news-vs-rep-ron-paul.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMicaDaily+%28The+Mica+Dail y%29&utm_content=FaceBook) that seemed very supportive of Ron Paul. More especially, she reaches a lot of the tea party in Kentucky, so this is a great start to getting their support.

She has really surprised me in the past few months by her willingness to think for herself and support what is right - regardless of Establishment or politicians opinions. My hat is also off to Kentucky activists who built coalitions instead of alienating people.

She's taken a lot of heat for her principles, so maybe we could gently help out in the comment section. :)

I gave her Bastiat Volume 2 book published by Mises institute at Rand's Victory Party :)

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 09:39 AM
That is going to be difficult. I would say at this point that Huckster is a shoe-in for Kentucky. Hope things change.

Come on now, they said Rand couldn't win all the way up until the Randslide. I think the key is getting as many "The Tea Party Goes To Washington", "End The Fed," "The Revolution: A manifesto" in as many Kentucky Republican hands over the next year as humanly possible.

Pericles
02-18-2011, 09:45 AM
bump! remember people, civility = good

And ended up with a US Senator besides.:)

Sola_Fide
02-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Come on now, they said Rand couldn't win all the way up until the Randslide. I think the key is getting as many "The Tea Party Goes To Washington", "End The Fed," "The Revolution: A manifesto" in as many Kentucky Republican hands over the next year as humanly possible.

Believe me, I agree with you and share your same optimism.

Unfortunately, we both know what Rand had to do to try and pacify the huge contingent of neo-cons here in KY. I don't know if Ron's strident non-interventionism will help or hurt him.

I will say this: I have been increasingly hearing the question being raised by Kentuckians of why we are paying for the defense of other countries and why we have troops in all these countries. I've been hearing it a lot and we have Rand to thank for it.

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Believe me, I agree with you and share your same optimism.

Unfortunately, we both know what Rand had to do to try and pacify the huge contingent of neo-cons here in KY. I don't know if Ron's strident non-interventionism will help or hurt him.

I will say this: I have been increasingly hearing the question being raised by Kentuckians of why we are paying for the defense of other countries and why we have troops in all these countries. I've been hearing it a lot and we have Rand to thank for it.

I've been hearing this in Central and Eastern KY as well!

I agree with everything you said about Rand, it was a brutal fight tiptoeing around the neocons...but I have recently had some renewed faith with Rand being all over the news and after reading his new book that just came out. Perhaps when a good portion of Tea Party people read this book they will take notice of all the Austrian Economist and Ron Paul references. He seemed to paint a more palatable picture of Ron for Palin type Tea Partiers, or at least that was the feel I got from it.

He also went to town on George Bush and neoconservatives in general. This could end up being a huge awakening as I'm sure many people have still never even heard the term or even know what it actually means.

sailingaway
02-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Huckabee and Palin weren't running against Rand. A voter can only have ONE favorite for president, and 100 for senators. So to speak. Of course it will be harder, but it is definitely a leg up to have had Rand's campaign there.