PDA

View Full Version : Activists swarm Boehner's Capitol Hill home; Chant 'don't tread on DC'..

Cowlesy
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/02/group-targets-speaker-boehner-s-small-h-house

When did demonstrating at the private homes of politicians or corporate executives become an acceptable way to voice one’s political opinions?

Nearly two dozen activists from DC Vote swarmed House Speaker John Boehner’s Capitol Hill residence at 7:30 Thursday morning, chanting “Don’t tread of D.C.” and “No taxation without representation” to protest congressional “meddling” in the District’s local affairs, in particular a House continuing budget resolution that would cut $80 million in federal payments and prohibit the city from using local funds to pay for needle exchange programs and abortions.

“Speaker Boehner is coming to our home telling us how to spend our money,” Ilir Zherka, the group’s executive director, told his followers. “We decided to come to his house to tell him to leave D.C. alone.”

After Capitol Police officers blocked their way by using bikes to erect a makeshift barricade, the protestors remained outside Boehner’s home for more than an hour.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/02/group-targets-speaker-boehner-s-small-h-house#ixzz1EHZBWPrG

Tell you what -- at some point, someone is going to get seriously hurt, and things are going to get real, real fast.

I don't have any love for John Boehner, but that's ridiculous.

pcosmar
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
When did demonstrating at the private homes of politicians or corporate executives become an acceptable way to voice one’s political opinions?

Better question,
When did it become unacceptable? And why?

These bastards should not be allowed a moments peace.

kah13176
02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
The question is, where are the protesters in front of Janet Napolitano's home?

pcosmar
02-17-2011, 10:59 PM

Now that is a very good question.

Legend1104
02-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the Sons of Liberty burned down peoples houses. I think he is getting off pretty light.

Sola_Fide
02-17-2011, 11:12 PM

Probably already taken out with unmanned aircraft.

hazek
02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Tell you what -- at some point, someone is going to get seriously hurt, and things are going to get real, real fast.

I agree but I don't think it's around the corner just yet. People will need to get into a lot more trouble and a lot more pissed off to cause a serious incident first.

Stary Hickory
02-18-2011, 10:00 AM
If you have ever lived in or near DC you would know that those morons protesting all live off of other people's tax money...no taxation without representation....kind of ridiculous when all you do is receive other people's tax dollars.

The entirely of DC and the surrounding areas live at the expense of every American. It is a sickening site to see. And the people who love there can go to hell. We would all be a lot wealthier if they did not even exist.

Tonewah
02-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Probably already taken out with unmanned aircraft.

HA! Wait... that's kinda scary.

Mike4Freedom
02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, the Sons of Liberty burned down peoples houses. I think he is getting off pretty light.

Now THAT is change I can believe in, lol

HOLLYWOOD
02-18-2011, 11:11 AM
So, how much is this going to cost Taxpayers... you know the legislation is coming "To Protect" our Fearless Leaders. Or will it be a new law under penalty of imprisonment and the government taking everything you own?

Just watch... it's coming, tucked away in some monstrous bill

Fredom101
02-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I like this form of activism.
They steal our money and live high on the hog off of corporate kickbacks, people should be protesting them at their homes. I see nothing wrong with this. It's not like they're just doing some job innocently, they are robbing Americans blind.

Southron
02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I like this form of activism.
They steal our money and live high on the hog off of corporate kickbacks, people should be protesting them at their homes. I see nothing wrong with this. It's not like they're just doing some job innocently, they are robbing Americans blind.

These people are wanting more of your tax dollars and you support them?