PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Ron Paul Pulled His Foreign Aid Amendment ?

KramerDSP
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Victory! Ron Paul Pulls His Vile Anti-Israel Amendment:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/02/victory-ron-paul-pulls-his-vile-anti-israel-amendment.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pastor Hagee wrote:

We are very happy to report that Rep. Paul no longer intends to offer his amendment! While we do not claim to understand the workings of Ron Paul's mind, we do know that the thousands of e-mails we sent to Capitol Hill have spoken loudly and clearly. Those who seek to rupture the U.S.- Israel relationship now know that they will face the determined opposition of America's vast Christian community. It is now clearer than ever that the great American heartland stands with Israel!

If you've already e-mailed your Congressman, thank you. You have made an important statement at a critical time. If you have not yet e-mailed your Congressman, we still encourage you to do so. The Paul family has certainly not abandoned its dream of ending our support for Israel. It is crucial that your Congressman understand just how strongly you would oppose such a move.

Doug8796
02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Pro-paulians, please post. I just posted a message.

Cowlesy
02-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Why don't we just call his office tomorrow and find out?

Agorism
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Who knows maybe he thought it would be one of those 400-1 votes so as to not fight fruitless battles.

MRoCkEd
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
If he pulled it, clearly it's because he found no support for it. Not like Hagee suddenly convinced him of the merits of foreign welfare.

pcosmar
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
What Bill?
Was it pulled or killed? Was there even such a bill? (or is this posturing)

Cowlesy
02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
If he pulled it, clearly it's because he found no support for it. Not like Hagee suddenly convinced him of the merits of foreign welfare.

And I doubt a bunch of nasty emails changed his mind either.

Anti Federalist
No, the Israeli lobby does not hold an undue amount of influence over the government of this nation.

/s

RP Supporter
More proof Ron can't win with these people. They're going to think he's an anti semite no matter what he does. It just pisses me off you can't even question our relationship with Israel without being labeled as a Jew hater. This appears to be the neo con's curent meme. Rightwing news has an article from David Horowitz today calling Ron Paul a Jew hater and slurring his supporters as stormtroopers. Oh, and of course, we need to be purged from the party. :rolleyes:

I'll say it flat out. These people are my enemy. There's no reasoning with many of these Neo cons. I honestly think many of them are just misinformed, but those who continue to support our current relationship with Israel knowing full well that it's pretty much a one way street are evil, pure and simple.

Anti Federalist
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
More proof Ron can't win with these people. They're going to think he's an anti semite no matter what he does. It just pisses me off you can't even question our relationship with Israel without being labeled as a Jew hater. This appears to be the neo con's curent meme. Rightwing news has an article from David Horowitz today calling Ron Paul a Jew hater and slurring his supporters as stormtroopers. Oh, and of course, we need to be purged from the party. :rolleyes:

I'll say it flat out. These people are my enemy. There's no reasoning with many of these Neo cons. I honestly think many of them are just misinformed, but those who continue to support our current relationship with Israel knowing full well that it's pretty much a one way street are evil, pure and simple.

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong.

Just politely talk to them, be civil and courteous, quiet and non confrontational, and they'll happily join our side, once they are presented with the calm and irrefutable logic of our positions.

qh4dotcom
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Just politely talk to them, be civil and courteous, quiet and non confrontational, and they'll happily join our side, once they are presented with the calm and irrefutable logic of our positions.

I think RP himself has tried that approach and look how well it has worked for him.

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Why don't we just call his office tomorrow and find out?

this^^

he hadn't been offering it alone. Maybe the others pulled their support. He may not even have been the primary sponsor. I doubt on his own he'd only pull it for some rather than all, that sounds like a 'compromise for a coalition' to me. In any event, we will find out.

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
And I doubt a bunch of nasty emails changed his mind either.

LOL!

No, not after all these years, I wouldn't think so...

Maybe he got something else for it and knew this would lose in any event. What happened to his Patriot act amendment he was attaching to the appropriations bill to take library records and book sale records out of things the Patriot Act could search w/o a warrant?

--
still, horowitz was such a complete dick about this, I wish he'd gone forward just to spite him..... (so I'm not mature. so don't vote me to be Congressman....:p)

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
If they like Israel so much how come they don't either move there themselves or donate to their Government?

angelatc
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
LOL!

No, not after all these years, I wouldn't think so...

Maybe he got something else for it and knew this would lose in any event. What happened to his Patriot act amendment he was attaching to the appropriations bill to take library records and book sale records out of things the Patriot Act could search w/o a warrant?

--
still, horowitz was such a complete dick about this, I wish he'd gone forward just to spite him..... (so I'm not mature. so don't vote me to be Congressman....:p)

I"d vote for you!!!!

BamaAla
02-17-2011, 11:48 PM
If they like Israel so much how come they don't either move there themselves or donate to their Government?

No kidding. I am forced to associate with a few people that care not about this country only what this country will do for Israel; I often wonder why they don't use the law of return and head out.

BamaAla
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Wait, that site is called Atlas Shrugs and they are on some religious reasons for Israeli support? I thought Rand was a militant atheist. What am I missing?

realtonygoodwin
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Wait, that site is called Atlas Shrugs and they are on some religious reasons for Israeli support? I thought Rand was a militant atheist. What am I missing?

What?? Rand a militant atheist? could you cite a source for that?

I support Israel, but I don't believe the Federal Government needs to give them money. They are doing well enough and can protect themselves by now. Honestly, I think we hold them back from doing what they want too often instead of helping them.

Edit: oh, you meant Ayn Rand, not Rand Paul...

I like Ayn Rand, but I completely disagree with her on religion.

pcosmar
02-18-2011, 12:03 AM

Because Israel is not too kind to Christians that aren't tourists spending money or rubes donating money.
Israelis that accept Jesus Christ are heavily persecuted.

sailingaway
02-18-2011, 12:09 AM
//

TheeJoeGlass
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM

ha

Zatch
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I think I found Horowitz's youtube channel: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpK64ChD8Ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhWw76bPs2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8rb-0OP3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xWaV-6TWwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kof-fHJ4Adk

Mordan
02-18-2011, 04:43 AM

+1000. the shouting and crying leads to a 2008 like defeat in the polls.

RM918
02-18-2011, 06:10 AM
+1000. the shouting and crying leads to a 2008 like defeat in the polls.

I'm pretty confident AF was being sarcastic.

johnrocks
02-18-2011, 06:42 AM
This is just more of this lady's anti Paul rant seems like, I hate that she even uses the name "Atlas Shrugs" as cover for her neo con ways. This is what someone wrote over at YAL; it has to do with them wanting to end ALL foreign aid, this lady wants to make it look like he's singling out Israel though.

http://www.yaliberty.org/posts/is-ron-paul-anti-semetic

tangent4ronpaul
02-18-2011, 08:30 AM

I thought is was Rand, not Ron that was going to offer this amendment and it wasn't just Israel, it was for the 4 largest recipients of foreign aid.

I really agree with the donation idea. We should go over there and set up chipin's for them to do this:

chipin for cluster bombs
chipin for napalm
chipin for F-16 parts
chipin for grenades
chipin for ammo
chipin for mortar shells
etc.

Yes, keeping that Israeli funding going is important, but lets let people know what they are buying and pick their favorite way to exterminate those towelhead heathens.

:rolleyes:

-t

reduen
02-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Because Israel is not too kind to Christians that aren't tourists spending money or rubes donating money.
Israelis that accept Jesus Christ are heavily persecuted.

+1

Which even cofuses me more why so many "Christians" support Israel....

tangent4ronpaul
02-18-2011, 09:44 AM
+1

Which even cofuses me more why so many "Christians" Congressional representatives support Israel Special interest lobbyists....

Make more sense?

demolama
02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
because for them its all about the end game.... they want Armageddon to occur during their life time so that they can force the return of Christ. By doing this they expect the Jews to accept Christ and convert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig

jmdrake
02-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Victory! Ron Paul Pulls His Vile Anti-Israel Amendment:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/02/victory-ron-paul-pulls-his-vile-anti-israel-amendment.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pastor Hagee wrote:

Here is my comment on the blog.

Pastor Hagee is an anti-Christ according to 1 James 2:22.

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

Here is John Hagee denying Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTyuKh28n7k

The book "Atlas Shrugs" (the name of the blog) supports voluntarianism. It is not voluntarianist to take tax money from everybody and give it to certain countries, and that includes Israel. If you want to support Israel or Egypt or Haiti or anybody else you should take your own money and pay for it.

jmdrake
02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
+1

Which even confuses me more why so many "Christians" support Israel....

They've been beaten into submission by the "antisemitism" charge coupled with false "Left Behind" theology. Check out this conversation between Billy Graham and Richard Nixon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7juvAmAN-nY

Years later Graham was forced to apologize for this, even though he never said anything antisemetic. Sadly Christians went from hating Jews back in the KKK heydays to almost worshiping Jews. Jewish people are just people. They are neither demons deserving our collective hate nor gods deserving our collective worship. And yes, some neocons like Pastor Hagee literally worship Israel. At one tea party rally, the opening prayer ended with "And God help us to support Israel through whom you will fulfill prophecy and we will receive salvation". But I thought Jesus already saved us. :confused: :(

Anti Federalist
02-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty confident AF was being sarcastic.

You are correct sir.

LoL

georgiaboy
02-18-2011, 12:53 PM
anyone verified if the OP is true?

freshjiva
02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Can someone verify whether Ron's amendment was to end aid to Israel only, or all foreign aid?

I thought Rand's $500 billion spending cut included the provision to end all foreign aid, and it doesn't seem to be drawing the neocon backlash that Ron's amendment seemed to generate...

FreedomRings
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Ron Paul tweeted the following 3 days ago:

Introduced amdt to Approps bill striking ~ $6 billion in #foreign aid to largest recipients- Egypt Jordan Pakistan Israel. We’re broke.

http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/statuses/37536905813823488

devil21
02-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I'd like more than the words of Hagee as proof.

KramerDSP
02-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd like more than the words of Hagee as proof.

I agree. There is nothing more out there. Not even smoke. I think Hagee is full of it or got false information.

CableNewsJunkie
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
What if a $10 Trillion aid amendment for Israel was added.

How many people would still support it?

At what point does common sense kick in that we can't afford to bail out the whole world?

JoshLowry
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul tweeted the following 3 days ago:

Introduced amdt to Approps bill striking ~ $6 billion in #foreign aid to largest recipients- Egypt Jordan Pakistan Israel. We’re broke.

http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/statuses/37536905813823488

I agree. There is nothing more out there. Not even smoke. I think Hagee is full of it or got false information.

See above.

devil21
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
^^^^^
What's your point Josh? Not following your post.

Chieppa1
02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
The Twitter nation of Neo-Cons is applauding their efforts in "influencing" Paul's decision with their awesome "grassroots". You know, like pretend to be cool like us.

JoshLowry
02-18-2011, 03:16 PM
^^^^^
What's your point Josh? Not following your post.

Sounds like Hagee was talking about the amendment in Paul's tweet.

devil21
02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Sounds like Hagee was talking about the amendment in Paul's tweet.

Was anybody ever to confirm whether this is true or not? Seems it was never fully determined. Is Hagee full of shit (again)?

juvanya
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM

You can criticize the foreign aid. If anyone calls you an anti-semite, say:
-Israel can conduct its own affairs, but you dont want to give money to it.
-Israel will be better off without a welfare check. Then it has to compete to survive and it will be stronger. (Why do conservatives suddenly change their mind on welfare when it comes to a nation-state?)
-Say a Zionist told you the above. :p