PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Damn Handcuffs? (Ratigan; Video)

yatez112
02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Where are the criminal punishments? Not civil lawsuits--but criminal...

Dylan Ratigan interviews Rep. Issa and talks about subpoenas and the Countrywide VIP program.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/ns/msnbc_tv-the_dylan_ratigan_show#41651306

Also, Matt Taibbi just wrote another article on this: "Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?"http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-isnt-wall-street-in-jail-20110216

Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.

"Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that."

I put down my notebook. "Just that?"

"That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there."

Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.

Conversely, one has to consider the powerful deterrent to further wrongdoing that the state is missing by not introducing this particular class of people to the experience of incarceration. "You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street," says a former congressional aide. "That's all it would take. Just once."

This isn't class warfare--this is about fraud. I'm surprised I don't see too much talk about the LACK of people in jail or even INDICTED from intentionally decieving investors and fradulently cooking books.

yatez112
02-20-2011, 09:47 AM
No one?

Figured I bump it up since it is somewhat related with the posting of the Inside Job thread.

driller80545
02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king. Bob Dylan

Maximus
02-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Issa went up in my book, and Ratigan rules as always

HOLLYWOOD
02-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Bought and Paid For - The Unholy Alliance Between Obama & Wall St

28 December 2010

http://news.hereisthecity.com/cntns_media/hitcn/me_1613.jpg

By Charlie Gasparino
A top reporter exposes the deep ties between the Obama administration and the big banks that are bankrupting our country.As the recession continues, President Obama has chastised the "fat cats" who feast off government bailout money while unemployment remains high and smaller businesses struggle.

But according to Gasparino, Obama is faking his outrage, and his calls for new policies to rein in banks that are "too big to fail" are just pabulum. In reality, Obama has climbed into bed with Wall Street CEOs, giving them what they want so they will support his liberal, big- government agenda. As a result, the big banks responsible for the credit crisis get rescued, while small businesses and ordinary Americans get crushed by higher taxes and irresponsible spending.

Gasparino draws on interviews with dozens of key CEOs and political players to trace the roots of Wall Street's twisted love affair with one of the most liberal presidents in American history. He shows how, for decades, big banks and big business have colluded with big government, thereby laying the groundwork for today's shady dealings, and how the same bankers Obama now publicly reprimands have supported him - not because he promises change, but because he promises business.

Written in Gasparino's characteristic smart yet no-nonsense style, this book is both an exposé and a wake-up call to all Americans to strike back against the people and policies who are ruining our country.