PDA

View Full Version : I called Ron Pauls congressional office..

DjLoTi
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
I told the person about the money bomb. I told her my heartfelt message about why I think Ron Paul NEEDS to run for president. I told her I was a Texan and I really laid it out... so anyway they know about the money bomb! Lets blow this thing up!! Money bomb for president!! I got $100... who's with me?!?!?! !!!!!

Michigan Robin
02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I just donated $50 a day ago before I heard about the money bomb but, you know what, I think this cause is just too important for me to sit on the sidelines. Count me in for another $50.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
me, but I only donate in person, I don't like it being traceable (or can I use gift credit cards?)

Imperial
02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I told the person about the money bomb. I told her my heartfelt message about why I think Ron Paul NEEDS to run for president. I told her I was a Texan and I really laid it out... so anyway they know about the money bomb! Lets blow this thing up!! Money bomb for president!! I got $100... who's with me?!?!?! !!!!!

Which office was it? The congressional offices cannot do anything with the moneybombs or anything like that, since campaigning is technically independent of the legislating.

eduardo89
02-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I can't donate if i'm not a US citizen right? :(

does anyone know the rules of what foreign nationals can contribute to political campaigns? obviously no cash, but what can i do?

anaconda
02-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Can Ron use this money for campaigning in the primaries?

ItsTime
02-17-2011, 06:36 PM

His PAC can run ads just like any other PAC.

Austin
02-17-2011, 07:03 PM
They're definitely aware of the moneybomb... just check the front page of www.LibertyPAC.com

ItsTime
02-17-2011, 07:07 PM
They're definitely aware of the moneybomb... just check the front page of www.LibertyPAC.com

What is with their front page? "a revolutionary was born?" I had no idea Ron was so old!

MikeStanart
02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
deleted for good reason

torchbearer
02-17-2011, 07:17 PM
i'm down for $100 on this one.

dannno
02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
me, but I only donate in person, I don't like it being traceable (or can I use gift credit cards?)

Pretty sure it's traceable no matter how you do it.. otherwise you'd be able to go past the $5,000 limit.

QueenB4Liberty
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM

:D Yay!!!!

The Dark Knight
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Now thats more like it!

MikeStanart
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Pretty sure it's traceable no matter how you do it.. otherwise you'd be able to go past the $5,000 limit.

Didn't it used to be that donations under $100 didn't require a name? That goes out the window with online transactions though; but cash donations?

dannno
02-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Didn't it used to be that donations under $100 didn't require a name? That goes out the window with online transactions though; but cash donations?

In that case, why couldn't someone make 1,000,000 $99 donations?

pacelli
02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
His PAC can run ads just like any other PAC.

The question is... WILL they run OUR ads this time? (you know, the ones that are professional and persuasive).

bensamton
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
wow

RileyE104
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
What is with their front page? "a revolutionary was born?" I had no idea Ron was so old!

George Washington

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
George Washington

Aye. Too bad he went Big Gov when he got power :( Governments are beyond evil, and fuck Hamilton.

anaconda
02-18-2011, 03:56 AM

Someone should contact Ron's office on that..that's obviously a typo....:-)

anaconda
02-18-2011, 04:03 AM

I did the math and 2011 - 279 = 1732. so the burning question is which "Revolutionary" was born in 1732?

Jefferson was 1743
Washington was, in fact, 1732
Thomas Paine 1737
John Hancock 1737
ben Franklin 1706

Nate-ForLiberty
02-18-2011, 05:00 AM
omg.

George Washington's birthday is President's Day.

"a revolutionary was born" is referring to George Washington.

http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/files/2009/09/doublefacepalm.jpg

:p

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-18-2011, 05:30 AM
I guess most people don't know that President's Day used to be George Washington day, and then they changed it to include other Presidents (Hence named President's Day)...That's why this place is great because I certainly don't have all the answers and we can learn from each other. I think a Presiden'ts Day is absolutely disgraceful to the American tradition of individual sovereignty and liberty, to which we look up to no man or woman and our values dictate a strict adherence to the individual and to their commitment to non-idol worship. As Herbert Spencer said: 'Wherever there is Hero Worship, the people are less free.'

We've become a society of men and not ideas, and it is sad.

ChristianAnarchist
02-18-2011, 06:26 AM

does anyone know the rules of what foreign nationals can contribute to political campaigns? obviously no cash, but what can i do?

I've donated several times and just now checked the donation page and there's no place where they ask your nationality. I would guess anyone can donate...

erowe1
02-18-2011, 08:23 AM

For all intents and purposes, what he's doing now in Iowa is campaigning for the primaries.

Here's what he said in his email about what the money can be used for:

Money sent to Liberty PAC will allow me the flexibility I need to test the waters and determine the next best step as I continue to fight for what you and I hold so dear.

Liberty PAC funds will allow me to travel, speak out, hire staff, and fund mail, phones, emails, and banner, TV, and radio ads to contact, educate, and persuade our fellow Americans. And, it will provide me with flexibility no other vehicle can.

Slutter McGee
02-18-2011, 08:27 AM

There will be tons of chip ins and grassroots projects requesting money outside of the campaign. Obviously you would want to make sure they are legit usually by checking a popular ron paul site and seeing who is talking about it, but I know you can contribute to those things.

Slutter McGee

erowe1
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
I've donated several times and just now checked the donation page and there's no place where they ask your nationality. I would guess anyone can donate...

What about the part where it says this?

Federal law requires all online contributors to confirm that the following statements are true and accurate. If you cannot confirm each statement, you are not eligible to contribute to Liberty PAC.
1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.
2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.
3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.
4. I am not a federal government contractor.
5. I am at least 18 years of age.
By clicking “Make Donation” you agree to the terms above.

ChristianAnarchist
02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh, THAT part... :)

PermanentSleep
02-18-2011, 06:28 PM
When we raise millions, and the mainstream media picks it up, I wonder how long it will take them to realize it refers to George Washington. Considering the talking heads dismal record on knowing actual history.

eduardo89
02-18-2011, 06:32 PM
There will be tons of chip ins and grassroots projects requesting money outside of the campaign. Obviously you would want to make sure they are legit usually by checking a popular ron paul site and seeing who is talking about it, but I know you can contribute to those things.

Slutter McGee

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I got a bit of money saved up, plus I want to spend my entire summer job wages on Ron's 2012 run, however I can. (Hopefully I can donate $3000-4000 over the election cycle)

anaconda
02-19-2011, 07:40 PM
omg.

George Washington's birthday is President's Day.

"a revolutionary was born" is referring to George Washington.

http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/files/2009/09/doublefacepalm.jpg

:p

OK. My bad. I deserve the double face palm. I guess. But I lose track of these federal government holidays. A nice little picture of George might have been good. On horseback with a saber or something..