PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad news or isnt not

Give me liberty
06-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Eric Dondero, a former Ron Paul staffer, finds Ron Paul an embarrassment. Not only is he against Paul's Presidential bid the feels Ron Paul should leave Congress

http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html
Former Ron Paul Campaign Coordinator Declares Against Him

but yet he is going to support that dam Rudy

While everyone is hailing this as a "Great moment" for Rudy Giuliani, I think just as importantly, it was a horrible moment for Ron Paul.

mesler
06-10-2007, 11:23 AM
It's irrelevant, basically. This guy Dondero is a pro-war 'libertarian', and has been viciously against Paul since he declared.

Delivered4000
06-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Reason: Your former staffer Eric Dondero is challenging you for your House seat in 2008.

Paul: He's a disgruntled former employee who was fired.

Reason: But he says he's running because of your debate performance. So is this presidential campaign weakening your standing in your district?

Paul: Well, if it affects my standing in my district then I wouldn't be a very good candidate for the presidency. If these views are popular, and I think they're popular enough, then they should be popular in my home district. They've been hearing me saying this for a lot of years and I keep getting re-elected rather easily. I think politicians are always concerned about how they're doing in their district, but right now, if Eric Dondero is the only thing I have to worry about, then I don't have a lot to worry about.

Reason: What Dondero's said is that "there are essentially two Ron Pauls. There's the national liberal media (and libertarian blogosphere) Ron Paul. And then there's the South Texas good hometown doctor, red, white, and blue Ron Paul." And he's said you talk a good game about supporting veterans but they don't know your positions.

Paul: All one would have to do is go to the veterans part of my website. I win so many awards; we have so many people who call us from around the country because of the work we do for veterans. My biggest beef is that the veterans get shortchanged because of our war spending, and we end up with Walter Reed problems. So that statement makes zero sense.

There

Give me liberty
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
There

Those guys on sean hannity think this bad news for us lol

JoshLowry
06-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Those losers on sean hannity think this bad news for us lol

Just uninformed, they are Americans just like you and me. Name calling won't help us. :o

Give me liberty
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Just uninformed, they are Americans just like you and me. Name calling won't help us. :o

My bad, there i edited it

angelatc
06-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I ran across Dondero before I knew he had a pre-existing relationship with RP. Even then, I thought he was goofy.

Now it looks like he is driving traffic to his sites by using the good doctor's name.

Whatever.

austin356
06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
"He (Paul) had the audacity to cite OBL"

-Eric D.

OMG. How in hell is it wrong to cite your enemy when you are trying to figure out your enemies motivations for being your enemy?

mdh
06-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it true that Dondero was the guy who wrote the "racist statements" that have now been attributed to Dr. Paul, and that that was the reason for his firing? If not, what was the reasoning? I've heard this rumored, but nothing hard on it. Anyone have better inside info?

dude58677
06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
He probably isn't the real Eric Dondero and is just a troll who made up a website.

mconder
06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
There will be many Benedict Arnold's along the way back to Liberty!

LibertyBelle
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe Dondero was the one who wrote the racial remarks and was fired for it, and was an infiltrator who joined RP in order to try and tarnish his image. Anything is possible. Politics can be dirty. Now he is backing Guido, shows what he is made of.

ksuguy
06-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Eric Dondero has been a notorious jackass for years now. Just ignore him.

james1906
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
i'd rather have an irate former staffer against me than my own children.

Brandybuck
06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Dondero is a foul mouthed jerk. Go to Reason's Hit-n-Run blog, and search for stories on Ron Paul or Eric Dondero. Eric there cussing out everyone in sight in a very vicious way.

Ronbot
06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Neither. It's a non-issue.