PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Stossel tonight

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2011/02/17/this-week%E2%80%99s-column-going-galt/

KramerDSP
02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
10 minutes... Bump!

QueenB4Liberty
02-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Cool! :D

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't get FBN :( Is there anywhere to stream it?

trey4sports
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
hopefully a stream pops up

TXcarlosTX
02-17-2011, 07:59 PM
stossel bump!

kpfareal
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Stossel and Judge are worth the extra $5 a month on my satellite bill... totally.

trey4sports
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
What'd he say?

eduardo89
02-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Please post tube link after!

Sentient Void
02-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Stossel and Judge are worth the extra $5 a month on my satellite bill... totally.

Truth.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
No tubes yet :( makes me a sad panda.

Finn
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Really, no one recorded this?

Chieppa1
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
He took questions from the HS crowd about his 10% proposal. That was one thing. I was pretty banged up watching it.

Guitarzan
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I didn't like the interview. It was all about the "10% opt out" that RP talked about at CPAC (in passing). I took his comment at the time to be more of a rhetorical question, but Stossel had RP on discussing nothing but that, as if it was some kind of serious policy proposal.

Paul didn't have enough time to explain why we would be better off with something like that, and therefore half the audience sounded scared to death of not having access to "free government programs" like financial aid.

Fredom101
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
toober?

I thought RP was being rhetorical too when he said the 10% thing. The more important part of that speech was the idea of OPTING OUT.

Chieppa1
02-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't like the interview. It was all about the "10% opt out" that RP talked about at CPAC (in passing). I took his comment at the time to be more of a rhetorical question, but Stossel had RP on discussing nothing but that, as if it was some kind of serious policy proposal.

Paul didn't have enough time to explain why we would be better off with something like that, and therefore half the audience sounded scared to death of not having access to "free government programs" like financial aid.

Or that one young African American kid that asked the question. Which of course looks like "Ron Paul doesn't care about the poor." I liked Paul's answer "there would be more jobs in a free society and costs would be cheaper". If you goes into the "why" so quick their heads would explode. The one kid asked about "will I access to roads?" Small steps.

I think Ron Paul explanations to all the questions were simple. Personal responsibility is a personal choice. And that's the main idea of that "proposal". Its a foreign concept to the majority of my generation and younger.

Chieppa1
02-18-2011, 11:27 AM
He explains it was a rhetorical question. But the theme of the whole show was pretty much how a free society does things better. So it made sense to stay on that topic.

Orgoonian
02-18-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LZCTZRHTM&feature=feedu

specsaregood
02-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Unless they had pre-agreed to discuss that. he said he said it rhetorically and that he had discussed it being part of a platform should he run for President.
Putting the idea out their for discussion is a good way to get feedback and flesh the idea out prior to putting his chips down on the idea.

Guitarzan
02-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Unless they had pre-agreed to discuss that. he said he said it rhetorically and that he had discussed it being part of a platform should he run for President.
Putting the idea out their for discussion is a good way to get feedback and flesh the idea out prior to putting his chips down on the idea.

I agree with that. And if that was the deal, I just thought Ron, or Stossel should've taken the time to explain, for instance, why federal financial aid is not only immoral because it takes money from me to finance your education, but also, and just as important, that it is one of the main reasons why the cost of school has been inflated so much.

Putting the idea out is one thing...but RP's issues are very nuanced and need to be explained in more depth, especially for those young kids who've just got done being taught for 12 years that they must rely on the gov't.

HRD53
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LZCTZRHTM&feature=feedu

I love the question: "How do you feel this will benefit High school students whose dependant on financial aid when they goin to college" When they goin to college? Looks like you might want to work on going back to basic 3rd grade English before heading off to university home skillet! lol we are so f'ed...

AZKing
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I love the question: "How do you feel this will benefit High school students whose dependant on financial aid when they goin to college" When they goin to college? Looks like you might want to work on going back to basic 3rd grade English before heading off to university home skillet! lol we are so f'ed...

LOL, cmon man, we only spent $150,000 getting him through 13 years of school :D

cswake
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Full show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJXxYZy3y2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2lJ87YRiI