PDA

View Full Version : NBC: Most Republicans don't support war in Iraq, Paul speaking to majority

Teflon Master
10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't know if this has been posted, but this is a good read.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/22/423699.aspx

goRPaul
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
"According to last month's NBC/WSJ poll, 56% said removing Saddam Hussein from power wasn't worth the US casualties or financial cost of the war; 56% said victory isn't possible in Iraq; and a whopping 63% said that Bush's troop surge either isn't making a difference or is making the situation worse."

We truly have a chance to win this thing.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Chuck Todd and Mark Murray are my heros. This Firstread MSNBC blog is giving us some great coverage, and Chuck Todd was hyping our numbers on NBC before the campaign released the $5 million bombshell. These guys are cool!

me3
10-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Email them and let them know. I have always thought we need to support our supporters more than attacking our attackers. Strength in numbers.

runderwo
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
What are those percentages? GOP voters, people who self-identify as GOP, what?

NinjaPirate
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
If anything, Sunday's debate will reflect poorly on Florida, which is an embarassment for me. :(

American
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
"According to last month's NBC/WSJ poll, 56% said removing Saddam Hussein from power wasn't worth the US casualties or financial cost of the war; 56% said victory isn't possible in Iraq; and a whopping 63% said that Bush's troop surge either isn't making a difference or is making the situation worse."

We truly have a chance to win this thing.

You mean again?

http://web.lemoyne.edu/~hevern/weblog/photos/mission_accomplished.jpg

Zeeder
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
After watching Penn and Teller's piece on Luntz's polls, I don't believe any polls.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016355.html

Polls mean absolutely nothing. If anything, they are meant to shape your opinion.

The only thing that matters is the voters than show up at the primary.(And even there dead people manage to show up etc..)

The Reform party of Ohio endorsed Paul today. That's good news. Maybe they will give him some money. Maybe Ross perot will give him some money.

Phil M
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these numbers seem to be about Americans in general, not just Republcians.

MGreen
10-23-2007, 10:19 AM
If this is even close to true, then we have a lot of work to do to make sure Paul's name and message gets out to these people. And fast!

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these numbers seem to be about Americans in general, not just Republcians.

Correct...but I've seen an Iowa poll that has a slight majority of Republicans favoring withdrawal.

Primbs
10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
It is a very touchy issue for Republicans. You are asking people to repudiate their position that they have held for many years ie. Staying in Iraq.

It is going to take very intelligent convincing arguments to change republicans minds to leave Iraq.

There are some great commentators who have made arguments for reassessing our Iraq strategy.

Lord Xar
10-23-2007, 10:54 AM
this is probably why such the blackout exists... see, the message of Ron Paul is what resonates... so you block the messenger.. you see. They fear him because they know his positions are exactly what american's want....