PDA

View Full Version : June 7th New Hampshire debate?

Rocco
02-17-2011, 12:46 AM
How would I get tickets for this debate, and is there any group thing going on? I MIGHT be able to carpool one or two people.

Bergie Bergeron
02-17-2011, 01:08 AM
The entire FSP should fill this up.

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 09:16 AM
The entire FSP should fill this up.

I've been looking into that for the California debate, and I think they are through the Debate Commission who gives a certain number to candidates and a certain number to sponsors (who are unlikely to give them to people supporting our candidates, to be honest.) But I am going to contact the library to make sure. BamaFanNKy said when he worked on this stuff in 2000 you could also get tickets through the venue. I don't think that is going to be the case, at least in California, but it is worth following up on.

muzzled dogg
02-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks like the same sponsors as last go around; we gotta dig up the old threads to see how we did it... maybe in the new Hampshire subforum

trey4sports
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Holy shit it'd be awesome if we could pack the venue and turn it into a Ron Paul-fest. Everytime Ron Paul says something = standing ovation. Anytime a dunce says something, crickets chirping. People at home would think Ron Paul is the front-runner

Jeremy
02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Holy shit it'd be awesome if we could pack the venue and turn it into a Ron Paul-fest. Everytime Ron Paul says something = standing ovation. Anytime a dunce says something, crickets chirping. People at home would think Ron Paul is the front-runner

A lot of debates don't allow applause.

trey4sports
02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
A lot of debates don't allow applause.

I doubt they'd be able to do much if we controlled the majority of the crowd

muzzled dogg
02-17-2011, 11:08 AM
wiki entry from last go around

June 5, 2007 - Manchester, New Hampshire
WMUR-TV, CNN, and the New Hampshire Union Leader hosted Democratic and Republican debates at Saint Anselm College in the Manchester, New Hampshire area. The debate was two hours, without commercials, making it and the CNN Democratic debate the longest debates in the 2008 season so far. All declared candidates participated, which excluded Thompson. Wolf Blitzer of The Situation Room and Late Edition on CNN moderated the debate.[25][26][27]

According to the online CNN.com poll, Ron Paul received the most votes in all but two categories: "snappiest dresser," who was Mitt Romney, and "most disappointing performance" who was Rudy Giuliani.[28] The "big three" candidates (Giuliani, McCain, Romney) also received larger shares of air time compared to the "minor candidates."[29][30]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/NH_Paul_supporters-5June07.jpg/800px-NH_Paul_supporters-5June07.jpg
Ron Paul supporters outside of the debate location at Saint Anselm College

ItsTime
02-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Im going to grab as many tickets as I can.

Johnnybags
02-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I went to the last one, Chris Wallace simply asked Von Rommels and McCain virtually all the questions and the two planned together to argue with each other to garner up all the time. That is when Wallace asked Paul "do we take our marching orders from Al Quaeda? It was nothing but a fixed noise debate, all the others should have walked off the stage at intermission.

Morerockin
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
How do we get tickets??

R3volutionJedi
02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I live in Connecticut and my Grandma lives in New Hampshire. I was thinking it could work out. Would they let a 16 year old in? I'll be voting in the primaries - so they should. How much do you think the tickets are?

Nathan Hale
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
I live about two hundred miles from NH and will drive up for the debate....if somebody posts how to get tickets.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
i know there has been talk about a July 2nd moneybomb, but why not have one right before this debate?

debate mod: "Dr. Paul, do you have any electability?"
Ron Paul : "Remember last Thursday? Remember that? I raised ten million dollars that day. . . what were you doin?"

*We could have a "Bring the Troops Home" Moneybomb for D-Day (June 6th) . . . assuming that wouldn't offend anyone.

or a "Kentucky Statehood Day" - June 1st

muzzled dogg
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I been saying we should have moneybomb day before the first debate

hotbrownsauce
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I been saying we should have moneybomb day before the first debate

nice idea :)