PDA

View Full Version : Harvard libertarian leaning college students write article supporting Ron Paul.

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Read it, like it, etc. They are trying to popularize the freedom movement on campus. They posted this in 'media spin' though, which won't let most of you read it, I thought.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279828-Harvard-Article-Supporting-Ron-Paul

qh4dotcom
02-16-2011, 09:52 PM
If they are libertarian leaning why are they studying the Keynesian garbage of a Keynesian university?

Sentient Void
02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Great article! Being from the Boston, MA area myself, it's refreshing to see a growing libertarian presence in such a highly liberal state and university.

low preference guy
02-16-2011, 10:05 PM
If they are libertarian leaning why are they studying the Keynesian garbage of a Keynesian university?

Economics isn't the only major available at Harvard.

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Economics isn't the only major available at Harvard.

And you can get a good job from there. Give them a break.

BlackTerrel
02-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Good. Thanks for posting.

I don't know. Maybe because they want to get a first rate education and make 80K when they graduate?

For all the flak I guarantee you Ron would get 5-8 times more support at Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Google, Facebook etc.... than the general population. Places dominated by smart/free thinkers.

LinusVanPelt
02-17-2011, 02:43 AM

Sometimes the best way to change things is from the inside, know your enemy, et al

I disagree vehemently with the ideology now known as "Kenyesianism" but the man obviously did something right for himself, since he is literally worshipped as a god by many people who have great influence in our society. That is a simple fact.

Don't believe all the stereotypes you hear about "elite" academia. There are more kids open to new ideas (or, as I would contend, timeless truth) than you might think.