PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Miller Agreeing With Paul On Foreign Policy?Bashes Paul Supporters

Immortal Technique
02-16-2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgMNTWwcfc

Airing Date Feb.16, 2011

Miller weighs in on the possible chance of Ron Paul running for president.
Kind of agrees with Paul on getting out of the wars but at the end bashes Paul's supporters.
Seems to be the theme tonight, don't go after Paul directly but go after his supporters.
They must not have like the exposure we have given them in the last 24 hours. :P

anaconda
02-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you but I don't really want to subject myself to another brown shirt/neocon/not funny Dennis Miller boring dumb monologue. The guy is a retard. He never says anything of substance.

anaconda
02-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I couldn't resist so I watched the video. I was surprised that Dennis sounded much more coherent than in the past. He actually gave a pseudo plug for non interventionism (a "cookie cutter around our country!").

AZKing
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
If the only reason they don't like Ron Paul is his supporters, then they're obviously nothing more than an enemy :(

rolle
02-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Did anyone catch his radio show yesterday with tom woods? I wonder if they discussed foreign policy and if that influenced Miller here?

specsaregood
02-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Did anyone catch his radio show yesterday with tom woods? I wonder if they discussed foreign policy and if that influenced Miller here?

something happened. he was full on pro-war back in 2007.

I haven't listened to this in a few years, but I don't remember it being all that positive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9WgkU0R50k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHlYpjsWDzM&feature=related

Doug8796
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
I agree with him on some of the supporter thing. Some supporters take it over the edge -- act like ron paul more, neocons may be dicks but the only way to gain support is talk reason and give examples of what is going on. There are a lot of theories out there that are way over the top that ron pual doesnt rule out but doesnt necessarily agree with ie: Reptilians, 9/11 Truth (Some of which I agree with but not a proven thing), Zionism Taking Over, UFO Conspiracies, NWO(Again I agree with CFR/TLC being shams but still no proof), Jesse Ventura/Alex Jones/(Sometimes Glenn Beck) Fearmongering. While these have some truths, a lot is BS. Why not just try to focus on decreasing the debt, ending the fed, and decreasing the size of government?

BamaFanNKy
02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm part of the movement and I'll say.... some of our people go overboard.

They'd rather be:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f8pXcUqZgA8/TI_ZkL4Rj_I/AAAAAAAAAs0/rdnWjaRAvsc/s1600/5587.jpg

While our guys are more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMrgwAuJ_U&feature=related

Doug8796
02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
You don't see Ron Paul yelling out outlandish things at others. He is civil, and that's how we must be. Kill em' with kindness

BamaFanNKy
02-16-2011, 09:13 PM
We should give our rowdies an ipod with this on repeat when they go to events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58

Help them chill.

KramerDSP
02-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree with him on some of the supporter thing. Some supporters take it over the edge -- act like ron paul more, neocons may be dicks but the only way to gain support is talk reason and give examples of what is going on. There are a lot of theories out there that are way over the top that ron pual doesnt rule out but doesnt necessarily agree with ie: Reptilians, 9/11 Truth (Some of which I agree with but not a proven thing), Zionism Taking Over, UFO Conspiracies, NWO(Again I agree with CFR/TLC being shams but still no proof), Jesse Ventura/Alex Jones/(Sometimes Glenn Beck) Fearmongering. While these have some truths, a lot is BS. Why not just try to focus on decreasing the debt, ending the fed, and decreasing the size of government?

+Rep and welcome to the board.

The saying is we catch far more flies with honey than vinegar. With a lot of people we are trying to convince, it's about disarming their defense mechanisms. Some of us seem to trigger their defense mechanisms, and it's impossible to get through to someone who won't listen anymore.

My brother likes Dennis Miller, and that was a big reason why he did not like Ron's foreign policy (but agreed with him on many other things). There's no captions or transcript for this video, so I need your opinions on whether it would it be a good one to share with him.

rolle
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
something happened. he was full on pro-war back in 2007.

I haven't listened to this in a few years, but I don't remember it being all that positive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9WgkU0R50k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHlYpjsWDzM&feature=related

I have heard him say (about a year ago) that even if bush lied about iraq he didn't care, and was actually glad that he did. Also, in 2008 when McCain made the 1000 year comment he agreed.

So this is definitely a huge improvement.

Orgoonian
02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Is it too late to join in on the wailing,and gnashing of teeth?
Sooner or later,most will come to the conclusion that no matter what we do,the propaganda machine will denounce the movement.
Seriously.

Mark37snj
02-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Everybody at Faux is attacking his supporter. WHY? Because we damaged Faux credibility, revealed their Bias. They are attacking us to shut us up. "If we stop making waves and sit down and be QUIET then that will help Ron Paul because all we are doing is hurting him". It's an OBVIOUS tactic, don't fall for it. They will find a reason to criticize us no matter what we do other than go away and be silent. So keep the heat on.

Doug8796
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
I am just saying people that yell ZIONIST!! REPTILIAN! NWO SHILL!! need to calm down and say something constructive. I wouldnt mind GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH or something like that though

specsaregood
02-16-2011, 10:39 PM
I am just saying people that yell ZIONIST!! REPTILIAN! NWO SHILL!! need to calm down and say something constructive. I wouldnt mind GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH or something like that though

Those people would yell those things even if Dr. Paul never ran. There isn't anything anybody can do about it.

Orgoonian
02-16-2011, 10:43 PM

Methinks you are watching too much propaganda.
I watched the cpac video's many times,and nobody yelled zionist,reptilian,or nwo shill.

jtstellar
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Gosh it's a series of actions over time.. their actions may be as over the top this time around or not i'm not sure as i didn't watch the full cpac video, even though i did hear some very loud chants amidst of ron paul's speech, a lot of the stereotype has already been built up over time and now whenever some small signs take place, others will immediately become reminded of it.

think of all those unnecessary confusion during rp and other liberty candidates' run with other agenda groups pushing their top-priority conspiracies over ron paul's run, and just using ron paul's name as excuse to garner recognition for issues they consider more important.

some people even argued that 911 would be a faster track to success rather than supporting liberty candidates, remember? well that has largely died down since rand paul's election. i don't know where they went. maybe they're behind the new group of rand paul critics now.

now most of the ron paul's new name recognition is still fresh and some newly politically-attuned neo-cons and liberals do not yet know why others are reacting with such angst toward ron paul supporters. some may think that their fellow voters are overreacting and if their stereotype is not reinforced, that will eventually become the new reality and backfire on those who continue to attempt to crucify paul supporters

I for one, when I know i will engage in heated arguments rooted in philosophical differences, for the fear of going over the edge, I never mention Ron Paul's name to prevent spillover from other passer-by audience against Ron Paul whom I support. that's almost the exact opposite of what some people are doing.. just yell two words "ron paul" under the stupidest occasions and then engage in name calling. When I flame neo-cons or liberals, I never mention Ron Paul's name or even the word "libertarian".

why can't people get smarter.. turn some of your activities underground.. we need a grassroots black ops of some sort. not everything should be out in the open

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Everybody at Faux is attacking his supporter. WHY? Because we damaged Faux credibility, revealed their Bias. They are attacking us to shut us up. "If we stop making waves and sit down and be QUIET then that will help Ron Paul because all we are doing is hurting him". It's an OBVIOUS tactic, don't fall for it. They will find a reason to criticize us no matter what we do other than go away and be silent. So keep the heat on.

astute divide and conquer observation

jtstellar
02-16-2011, 11:10 PM
astute divide and conquer observation

the alternative may be to stay homogeneous and die of the same disease so by all means spare the one-liners if you don't have time to explore the details

Peace&Freedom
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
think of all those unnecessary confusion during rp and other liberty candidates' run with other agenda groups pushing their top-priority conspiracies over ron paul's run, and just using ron paul's name as excuse to garner recognition for issues they consider more important.

some people even argued that 911 would be a faster track to success rather than supporting liberty candidates, remember? well that has largely died down since rand paul's election. i don't know where they went. maybe they're behind the new group of rand paul critics now.

Here we go again, the same revisionism, demeaning and scapegoating of the rest of the liberty movement that was unproductive last time, being re-treaded again. You have it exactly backwards, and using Paul as a front to prioritize your anti-conspiracy hostility. The truthers, patriot movement et al were the BASE of the initial funding and networking for Paul's 2007 run, the momentum for those efforts were SACRIFICED in order to push Paul---the campaign gained its recognition from THEM, not the reverse. Splitting the movement by deriding half of it and repeating the media's caricatures is a sure recipe for a second defeat in 2012.

Paul's disassociation from 9-11 resulted in, again, how many primary victories? Yet the truthers were then scapegoated for Paul's lack of success. Incredible. We tried it your way last time, it did not work, so don't even try to dictate which positions have to be "kept in hiding" in perpetuity next time. Exactly ONE major mainstream pro-liberty candidate has been elected besides Ron Paul (that being Rand Paul in KY). That is hardly a vindication of the hide strategy. Getting smarter means promoting all the issues of widespread concern to the liberty movement, instead of browbeating or demeaning each other.

blocks
02-17-2011, 05:13 AM
You don't see Ron Paul yelling out outlandish things at others. He is civil, and that's how we must be. Kill em' with kindness

Exactly...I came to my understanding of true liberty because of the gentleman-like nature of Dr. Paul. I don't know if I would have had the same reaction if he was up there during the 2008 debates yelling at Romney "YOU DOUCHEBAG NEOCON WARMONGER!"...Internally now, many of us resonate with that LOL...but as far as opening minds, thats not the way to go, Dr. Paul's coolness is the model to follow

Chieppa1
02-17-2011, 06:38 AM
yawn. Oh no, Dennis Miller doesn't like us. Who votes with Dennis Miller? Are we going to have a thread for every person that dislikes us as supporters until we all get discouraged and go home? I mean damn.

Romulus
02-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Miller was equating RP to an isolationist - he's an idiot, no doubt.

TXcarlosTX
02-17-2011, 07:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgMNTWwcfc

this is the video link

torchbearer
02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm part of the movement and I'll say.... some of our people go overboard.

They'd rather be:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f8pXcUqZgA8/TI_ZkL4Rj_I/AAAAAAAAAs0/rdnWjaRAvsc/s1600/5587.jpg

While our guys are more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMrgwAuJ_U&feature=related

http://www.usavsus.info/Flags/Flag-SonsLiberty-JoinOrDie.jpg

Tonewah
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
So, if he's saying he supports Paul, but not Paul's supporters, by bashing them, he's bashing himself.

Fredom101
02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
It amazes me that only a few years ago, Dennis Miller was a bleeding heart liberal. When he converted to Republican, I thought he would have been more of a libertarian, but he went straight neocon. Why?

torchbearer
02-17-2011, 12:23 PM
It amazes me that only a few years ago, Dennis Miller was a bleeding heart liberal. When he converted to Republican, I thought he would have been more of a libertarian, but he went straight neocon. Why?

9/11.

ExPatPaki
02-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Damn, this guy is still around.

surf
02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Damn, this guy is still around.

i'm just happy the deuchebag isn't on Monday Night Football anymore

dannno
02-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Is this Dennis Miller the comedian who does the road trip game with Adam Carolla?

rprprs
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately, the Miller interview paled in comparison to the disgusting and shameful comments from O'Reilly and Karl Rove in an earier segment of the same show. It was nothing less than a full on and relentless character assassination. Fringe...Ron Paul, 911...Ron Paul, Truthers..Ron Paul, Birthers...Ron Paul. Infuriating!:mad:

johnrocks
02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
He's never was funny to me, he sucked on Monday Night Football and that wasn't "sorta agreeing with Ron Paul on Foreign Policy", that was his way of saying Ron Paul is an "isolationist" who wants to build a wall around us, screw that bastard!

devil21
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
All politicians have weird/loud/annoying supporters. The difference is simply that the MSM makes it a point to highlight ours as a way to damage Ron Paul.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
the alternative may be to stay homogeneous and die of the same disease so by all means spare the one-liners if you don't have time to explore the details

is that one line? lol... nice exploration of the details... :rolleyes:

Teaser Rate
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
All politicians have weird/loud/annoying supporters. The difference is simply that the MSM makes it a point to highlight ours as a way to damage Ron Paul.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Ron Paul supporters are generally younger than those of other republican candidates and as such, are more likely to be active in their show of support. This includes good things like buying CPAC tickets and bad things like sending TV host hundreds of nasty emails every time they make a bad joke.

Young enthusiastic supporters aren't common in the republican party, and as such they stand out. It's not a reflection on Ron Paul himself as much as it is a reflection of his message.

Agorism
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Getting Miller on our side would be really great PR.

HOLLYWOOD
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh that ERA... (SNL) Saturday Night Live's

Class of SUCK... Dennis Miller and Janeane Garofalo both solipsistic freaks

trey4sports
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
They're fighting us......