PDA

View Full Version : From here on out...

tarheelforpaul
10-23-2007, 06:41 AM
...the game needs to change. Now first off, I realize this is my first post, but I'm not some newcomer to the campaign that's trying to boss people around - I've been an active member of the Facebook group since March, having followed Dr. Paul for the past few years, a la lewrockwell.com. I come here only to offer my ideas and assessment of how we can win. So here I go: This is crunch time - everything we do must be efficient, that is, directly inform, recruit, and organize as many Republicans (and Independents in open states) as physically possible. That means all those fun things we've been doing for months (sign wavings, "paint the town Ron" nights, etc.) should stop - unless there is a rally that merits sign waving, etc. If we really want to win this (and I believe we can), we have to buckle down and work our asses off for the next two and a half months. Some things that MUST be done:

- Endless canvassing. The job of canvassing is not done until we knock on the doors of every Republican and Independent in the country. Local meetup groups should pool some money to purchase local voter registration rolls. If you live in a closed primary state, start with the Republicans - if you finish the whole list (quite an accomplishment!), go back and purchase the list of independents, if there's still time for them to re-register. If Dr. Paul needs signatures to get on the ballot in your state, it might be possible to connect your canvassing to signature-collection - you'll have to contact the campaign about this though. I would suggest that if you can, you collect the *Name, Address, Work Address, Means of Transportation, E-mail, and Availability to Volunteer* of every new supporter you gain from canvassing. This info could be invaluable later on.

- "Who is Ron Paul?" Sessions. My idea for this is if canvassing is particularly daunting (you just don't have the manpower, etc.), you look into holding a session at a community center (maybe a local movie theater will rent out a theater for you?), and send out invitations to all Republicans in your area, billing it as a candidate introduction: Everything you need to know about the Republican that can beat Hillary, etc. You can then show videos of Dr. Paul's speeches and positions and *be sure to highlight biographical points and voting record*. I'll be working on a video for this (when I'm not canvassing!) that I can hopefully post on Google video for people to download. Another important part of getting people out to these sessions is *INCENTIVES* - namely, free food, so advertise that on the invitations. Another interesting twist to add to this would be to have some laptops connected to the internet, sitting on Dr. Paul's donation site so that all the people that love his message can donate ON THE SPOT. This could be a great way to boost fundraising for the quarter.

- Voting day precinct centers. One thing that I think will be invaluable is a hub for Ron Paul supporters to gather on Election day, preferably small gatherings in every precinct (probably not possible, but a worthy goal). This hub could be staffed by Meetup members that have volunteered to care for children while their parents vote (possibly providing meals to the families as well!), in addition to being a base for transportation fleets staffed by Meetup members. Committing to vote, in groups, with transportation provided, will boost turnout significantly! Plus, it's a great way to show the strength of the community.

One thing that we really need to remember in the next few months is this: while we are fascinated with national and international politics, we are trying to create a much more decentralized society (and therefore a much freer one!) We must BE THAT CHANGE. All politics is local - it starts with us. We have to do this. We CAN do this. The country can be ours again. Let's do it.

ValidusCustodiae
10-23-2007, 06:47 AM
I am an Outer Bankin' Tarfoot from Kill Devil Hills. We've got quite a grassroots thing here with the Kill Devil Hills meetup group and I'm going to relay your suggestions to our group. Thank you fellow liberty warrior.

unklejman
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I've relayed your ideas to my meetup group organizer. Thanks!

me3
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Great post, we have to get serious and strategic.

ConstitutionGal
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
EXCELLENT first post! WELCOME!!

Will be passing along your thoughts....