PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove Goes After Ron Paul, Campaign For Liberty And Paul Supporters

Immortal Technique
02-16-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCY9u6t8pdY

Airing Date Feb.16, 2011

Karl Rove Goes After Ron Paul, Campaign For Liberty And Paul Supporters

If we don't matter then why are they talking about us?

hazek
02-16-2011, 08:19 PM
If we don't matter then why are they talking about us?

They are actually doing us a favor by attacking us. Partly at least. Remember the Giuliani attack during the debates? Any publicity is good publicity although we do need to counter their propaganda with our own.

TonySutton
02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
They are actually doing us a favor by attacking us. Partly at least. Remember the Giuliani attack during the debates? Any publicity is good publicity although we do need to counter their propaganda with the truth.

fixed it for you.

hazek
02-16-2011, 08:28 PM
No I'm sorry but the truth will not win it for us. We need to package our message appropriately so that it doesn't conflict with the beliefs and values of the typical GOP voters which is called propaganda or public relations.

There's so many ways a certain idea can be communicated, who says how Ron does it works for everyone? As a matter of fact I know it doesn't. Some people just need to hear it in a different way in order to agree with it. It's human nature. So no. Truth won win it unless we use public relations to effectively communicate that truth.

If you don't believe me, click: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279280-Behind-the-curtain-What-the-Status-Quo-pray-you-never-learn&p=3116540

olehounddog
02-16-2011, 08:30 PM
He said the words Campaign for Liberty. He's spreadin the word.

anaconda
02-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I thought Rove learned his lesson when his big mouth caused people to step up and donate several million more $$$ to Christine O'Donnell in the last few weeks before the election. Guess not.

Matt Collins
02-16-2011, 08:34 PM
http://blogs.icta.net/plover/files/2009/09/shoveling-manure-home-plh-s-196x300.jpg

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
You know, it looked to me like Rove was going to say that most of Ron's supporters were there for his mainstream issues but there was this tiny fringe.... but boy did he want to pretend all the fringe in the GOP belonged to Ron Paul....

I thought he was funny talking about Buckley and the Birchers though, because he imagines some prairie oyster like McCain or Romney could 'call out' conservatives and banish us. But Buckley at least was a conservative, and the Republican establishment is all neocons. They can't call anyone out; they have no credibility.

Justinjj1
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
His side is becoming increasingly irrelevant. There is absolutely no energy and enthusiasm for his brand of rehashed neoconservatism, and all the energy and enthusiasm of Ron Paul and libertarian ideals are making him extremely nervous.

MRoCkEd
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Any publicity is good publicity.
This is one myth that needs to be destroyed.

Bad publicity is bad publicity.

Anti Federalist
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
This what's so frustrating.

Having to fight a multi front war, for no good reason, because of jackasses like this.

hazek
02-16-2011, 08:55 PM
This is one myth that needs to be destroyed.

Bad publicity is bad publicity.

After a certain point of name recognition is achieved I agree.

american.swan
02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Serious question. What's the poll they are talking about in the video!!!

low preference guy
02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Serious question. What's the poll they are talking about in the video!!!

A PPP poll that says that 51% of Republicans aren't sure Obama was born in the United States, or something like that.

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
A PPP poll that says that 51% of Republicans aren't sure Obama was born in the United States, or something like that.

51%.

There you go, you can't both pretend all birthers are Ron Paul supporters AND pretend he isn't the frontrunner... :p

low preference guy
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
51%.

There you go, you can't both pretend all birthers are Ron Paul supporters AND pretend he isn't the frontrunner... :p

Good point, but Rove was denying the poll was valid.

Mark37snj
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Boy Carl Rove sure was stuttering a whole lot. I wonder if that was because he was lying so much, he is nervous, or BOTH?

kah13176
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
According to O'Reilly, Paul supporters also support that bitch Christine O'Donnell.

Sentinelrv
02-16-2011, 09:52 PM
They are actually doing us a favor by attacking us. Partly at least. Remember the Giuliani attack during the debates? Any publicity is good publicity although we do need to counter their propaganda with our own.

Any publicity is only good publicity if the viewer of the message is exposed to the truth right after. For example, Giuliani created the publicity during the debate, but what he really did was give Ron an opportunity to provide the right information that people needed to hear. If Giuliani had broadcast his message and Ron was not allowed to respond, that would not have helped our cause at all. It would have left everybody with a bad impression of Ron. Also, you have to think also that some people in the audience still sided with Giuliani even after Ron's response, namely the neocons. So negative publicity is good in that it catches people's attention, but without the chance to provide our point of view, that negative publicity would just be propaganda. I believe you understand this since you said we need to have the chance to counter their propaganda with our own.

Brent Pierce
02-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Since when does Campaign for Liberty = Birther? or 9-11 denier? Also this is the first time I have heard the phrase "9-11 denier." Rove is equivocating the belief that the US Government might be covering up details of the 9-11 attacks with holocaust denial. This is a creative use of the Reductio ad Hitlerum fallacy. Espeacially considering it is in defense of Rove's nationalist neocon philosophy.

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Good point, but Rove was denying the poll was valid.

The poll wasn't valid, CPAC wasn't valid, Iowa won't be valid, Caucus states won't be valid.... let him convince himself.

They thought the tea parties were astroturf, too.

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Any publicity is only good publicity if the viewer of the message is exposed to the truth right after. For example, Giuliani created the publicity during the debate, but what he really did was give Ron an opportunity to provide the right information that people needed to hear. If Giuliani had broadcast his message and Ron was not allowed to respond, that would not have helped our cause at all. It would have left everybody with a bad impression of Ron. Also, you have to think also that some people in the audience still sided with Giuliani even after Ron's response, namely the neocons. So negative publicity is good in that it catches people's attention, but without the chance to provide our point of view, that negative publicity would just be propaganda. I believe you understand this since you said we need to have the chance to counter their propaganda with our own.

Ron is above 70% in name recognition. The 'any publicity is good publicity' meme is only to GET name recognition. Once you have that, you have a brand to protect.

Romulus
02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Look at it this way - who is a fan of Rove anymore? If this guy is pissed and trashing someone - you know they have to be good.

economics102
02-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Did I just hear Karl Rove call the Federal Reserve a mainstream issue? Well...that's SOME kind of progress :)

anaconda
02-18-2011, 04:10 AM
His side is becoming increasingly irrelevant. There is absolutely no energy and enthusiasm for his brand of rehashed neoconservatism, and all the energy and enthusiasm of Ron Paul and libertarian ideals are making him extremely nervous.

Well said, my friend.

HarryBrowneLives
02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Look at it this way - who is a fan of Rove anymore? If this guy is pissed and trashing someone - you know they have to be good.

... You better believe it! Rove was trashing Rand the same way throughout the Repub primary in KY. Despite all his cronies, lobbiest buddies, and tactics we STILL KICKED HIS A#$ ALL OVER KY BY 25%.

Bottom line is if we're getting flack from Rove then we're over the target. He just can't stand the fact that there is NO energy from his side of the Republican Party and he's not personally involved with anybody who has the energy in the grassroots. He likes to play king maker. They astroturfed a lot for Romney @ CPAC and still came up short. Same ole Rove. Furthermore, I suspect, with our issues, he's scared to death that we could peel off some Tea Party support in the primary like Rand did.;)

getch36
03-14-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm embarrased to say this and I know it's wrong, but I think I would really enjoy beating the shit out of that Weasel Rove.Actually I take that back,I think I would just rather give him a good slap across the face.............

low preference guy
03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm embarrased to say this and I know it's wrong, but I think I would really enjoy beating the shit out of that Weasel Rove.Actually I take that back,I think I would just rather give him a good slap across the face.............

You know who I'd like to beat up? Woodrow Wilson. I want him to become alive again. And just when he opens his eyes, I'll blow up his brains.

limequat
03-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I like the anger in this thread.

Rove is the architect of the Bush Administration. He, Cheney, and Wolfowitz engineered endless war, the DHS, and the PATRIOT ACT. They are enemies of the people and the concept of individual liberty. They have the blood of thousands of innocents on their hands. Any violence endowed on Rove would be too little.

hugolp
03-15-2011, 08:01 AM
No I'm sorry but the truth will not win it for us. We need to package our message appropriately so that it doesn't conflict with the beliefs and values of the typical GOP voters which is called propaganda or public relations.

There's so many ways a certain idea can be communicated, who says how Ron does it works for everyone? As a matter of fact I know it doesn't. Some people just need to hear it in a different way in order to agree with it. It's human nature. So no. Truth won win it unless we use public relations to effectively communicate that truth.

If you don't believe me, click: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279280-Behind-the-curtain-What-the-Status-Quo-pray-you-never-learn&p=3116540

Package a message does not mean not saying the truth. I would not be here and I would not have changed my way of thinking and living so radically if I would not have sensed that Ron Paul was an honest man.

dean.engelhardt
03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Since when does Campaign for Liberty = Birther? or 9-11 denier? Also this is the first time I have heard the phrase "9-11 denier." Rove is equivocating the belief that the US Government might be covering up details of the 9-11 attacks with holocaust denial. This is a creative use of the Reductio ad Hitlerum fallacy. Espeacially considering it is in defense of Rove's nationalist neocon philosophy.

Exactly, when has RP ever supported birthers or truthers? He said that 9-11 need a better investigation, (long ways from blaming the US government.) Never heard him question Obama's citizenship. Rove is grasping at straws.

SimpleName
03-15-2011, 09:49 AM
The polls matter...until they say something you don't want to hear.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
The polls matter...until they say something you don't want to hear.

So true. Saw this so many time during 2008 primary.

Billay
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
We certainly need to kick the 9-11 turthers to the curb. They hurt Ron Paul way more than they help.

RM918
03-16-2011, 07:38 PM
We certainly need to kick the 9-11 turthers to the curb. They hurt Ron Paul way more than they help.

I came to the realization long ago that the people attacking us because of truthers would just pick some other way to malign us, it's an excuse.

speciallyblend
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Boy Carl Rove sure was stuttering a whole lot. I wonder if that was because he was lying so much, he is nervous, or BOTH?

all of the above!!!

speciallyblend
03-16-2011, 09:12 PM

hmm i would say the gop hurts itself not the truthers. That is just deflection from a failed gop trying to blame others for their bs policy!! The biggest threat to the gop is the crazy right-wingers who want freedom for themselves and no one else! They are the very reason the gop is so screwed up!! the neo-con right-winger is the problem not someone who questions us gov policy or actions!! ps note i do not consider myself a truther!!