PDA

View Full Version : This "Fox News Caught switching Ron Paul CPAC video" story has good point on manipulation

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/02/16/fox-news-caught-your-media-savvy-kids-should-see-this-video/

I’m not a conservative, nor a fan of Ron Paul. And I spend little to no time watching Fox News. However, I’ll definitely be showing my 9-year-old the Fox News video announcing Ron Paul as this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll winner.

Why? Because it’s just a glaringly good example of how easy it is to manipulate media consumers — a kind of “don’t believe everything you see” lesson....

I think that is an excellent point. We should definitely keep the video handy.

Take away questions from the article:

Follow-up questions for the kids: why do you think they played the old video with the boos? Who do you think Fox News likes better: Mitt Romney or Ron Paul? How do you think undecided conservatives feel when the hear people booing the popular winner? And finally, scale of 1 to 10, how trustworthy do you think this media outlet is?

sevin
02-16-2011, 08:38 PM
I’m not a conservative, nor a fan of Ron Paul. And I spend little to no time watching Fox News. However, I’ll definitely be showing my 9-year-old the Fox News video announcing Ron Paul as this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll winner.

Why? Because it’s just a glaringly good example of how easy it is to manipulate media consumers — a kind of “don’t believe everything you see” lesson....

That is so great! I love it when Fox's dirty tricks backfire on them.

MelissaCato
02-16-2011, 09:12 PM
I wonder what other world leaders think about this. I'd like to know. Ron Paul 2012 !!!