PDA

View Full Version : Fox News claims airing deceptive footage was just a 'mistake'

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-airing-of-old-cpac-footage-showing-crowd-booing-ron-paul-was-a-mistake/

Fox News' Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente told Mediate that the network simply made a "mistake" when it aired old footage of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) being booed.

"We made a mistake with some of the video we aired, and plan on issuing a correction on America’s Newsroom tomorrow morning explaining exactly what happened," he said.

Original report continues below...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-airing-of-old-cpac-footage-showing-crowd-booing-ron-paul-was-a-mistake/

anyone that believes this crap. I have a bridge to sell you!! insanity maybe this country is doomed!!

doodle
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
In other news, Bush says lies beforehand and invasion of Iraq were "just a mistake".

eduardo89
02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
bullshit.

sevin
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
What a bunch of BS! They badgered Ron Paul about the boos. That was no mistake.

devil21
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Absolutely no mistake was made. It was intentional. But like usual, it's easier to just lie up front and get the reaction/results you desire, then later quietly "apologize" for the "mistake" when no one is paying attention any more and the damage is done. Fox is not to be trusted. Never has and never will be.

ronpaulhawaii
02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
It hit AOL

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/16/fox-news-caught-running-old-cpac-footage-after-ron-pauls-straw/

keep pummeling!

doodle
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
What a bunch of BS! They badgered Ron Paul about the boos. That was no mistake.

Don't worry, no body believes their defense claim.

trey4sports
02-16-2011, 05:36 PM
"we will issue an apology for this mistake early tommorow morning in the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the page for 1 cycle at exactly 3:31 AM CT."

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
OOPS! - sorry folks that intern no longer works here - huge mistake!

Sorry that we got caught, er made a mistake... no harm intended....

dang - how did that thing go viral!|???? :rolleyes:

-t

low preference guy
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2011, 05:43 PM
"we will issue an apology for this mistake early tomorrow morning in the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the page for 1 cycle at exactly 3:31 AM CT."

^^^^^Ain't Dat Dah Truth!

"Fuck You Frank Luntz" must be in the Control Room at FOX NEWS.

They're done... First CNN with the Phony Iraq Set and now NEWSCORP and the FAUX Reports. Let's see them attempt to smooth this over on the Social Nets

Zippyjuan
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Wait- Fox news was misleading? They had a bias on a story?

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
^^^^^Ain't Dat Dah Truth!

"Fuck You Frank Luntz" must be in the Control Room at FOX NEWS.

They're done... First CNN with the Phony Iraq Set and now NEWSCORP and the FAUX Reports. Let's see them attempt to smooth this over on the Social Nets

The more of this we se exposed, the more votes we WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S OVER MSM - YOU ARE TOAST! THE GAME HAS CHANGED!

-t

crhoades
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
We're waaaaaaatchiiiiiiiiinnnnng!

hotbrownsauce
02-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Stop being so cynical. Whatever this was it blew up in FOX's face and they are going to fix it. I think some credit is due here on the part of FOX admitting its error. Everyone has bias and I think running around saying, "Everyone everywhere is against us and they don't play fair so lets whine about it" attitude isn't going to play well for our image and wont advance the cause of freedom.
If things are blatantly and obviously wrong we will do our duty and call them out on it as we have done with this.

Doug8796
02-17-2011, 03:07 AM
HBS I agree. Ron Paul wouldnt get angry so we should resent from getting too outlandish. Still though, Ron Paul deserves better.

Sola_Fide
02-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Stop being so cynical. Whatever this was it blew up in FOX's face and they are going to fix it. I think some credit is due here on the part of FOX admitting its error. Everyone has bias and I think running around saying, "Everyone everywhere is against us and they don't play fair so lets whine about it" attitude isn't going to play well for our image and wont advance the cause of freedom.
If things are blatantly and obviously wrong we will do our duty and call them out on it as we have done with this.

Hmmm. If it was anything other than Fox we were talking about, I'd heed your advice. But Fox has shown itself to be so blatantly biased against liberty, that a mere apology isnt going to do the trick.

devil21
02-17-2011, 04:58 AM
^^^^^^
Fox lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago. It was intentional. They circled a whole interview around that video. "Why do people hate you soooo much Ron Paul?" The anchor reads a teleprompter. He didn't just make it up on the fly.

Romulus
02-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Yep - a total setup and smear job. Fuck fox.

Sola_Fide
02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
So is the "apology" supposed to air today?

Chester Copperpot
02-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Fuck FOx.. the only reason theyre apologizing is because people bitched and moaned and called them out on it.. The more noise the better...

Just keep giving Ron Paul more free advertisement.. Thanks FOX. And Kudos to AOL for doing some real reporting and calling out bs on another news media outlet

Bruno
02-17-2011, 07:46 AM

You either forgot your Sarcasm or Naiveté Emoticon.

FOX did this deliberately. This is only part of a pattern of behavior by them. Oops! We forgot to show his 2nd place win in Nevada! Oops, we forgot to include him in all of our polls even though he won CPAC in 2010. Oops! Lather, rinse, repeat.

You have to go find footage, which would be labeled from a year ago, and then edit it for the segment. They would have naturally used the footage from earlier that afternoon.

Have you ever seen them accidently show footage from Iraq when they meant to show Afghanistan? Show the wrong hurricane or an earthquake or volcano from years past? Show Mt. St. Helens when they meant to show the volcano in Iceland? No. It was no mistake.

Their only mistake was thinking that no one would notice or that the story wouldn't blow up on them because they could control it. "Hey, it's Ron Paul. Who's going to really care?" They don't get credit because they didn't catch the "error" themselves, and are only apologizing because we it went viral.

It'd be great to have some insider present evidence such as an email that they were instructed to do so.

They should have Ron Paul back on and apologize to him personally, and run it on their ticker all day. And then, they should change their behavior going forward to show they really mean it.

In the meantime, DRUDGE BOMB. He still hasn't put it out there yet.

Bern
02-17-2011, 07:48 AM
When the CPAC results were first being reported in the print media, I started talking with people (outside the RPF echo chambers) trying to highlight the differences between coverage past and present (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279331-media-coverage-of-CPAC-past-and-present). The sheep resist waking up. I get a chorus of "conspiracy!". No, it's just bias I calmly retort. The excellent YouTube vid of FOX's blatant and outrageous coverage appears (not posted by myself) and all of a sudden, the same actors are all "whoah!". hotbrownsauce, etc. - it is imperative that these things be given as much sunshine as possible. People need to see old media for the propaganda machines that they are. It needs to be shown to them repeatedly to break through the wall of cognitive dissonance that zombies erect so they can bumble about their day untroubled by the need to critically examine anything.

realtonygoodwin
02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
You either forgot your Sarcasm or Naiveté Emoticon.

FOX did this deliberately. This is only part of a pattern of behavior by them. Oops! We forgot to show his 2nd place win in Nevada! Oops, we forgot to include him in all of our polls even though he won CPAC in 2010. Oops! Lather, rinse, repeat.

You have to go find footage, which would be labeled from a year ago, and then edit it for the segment. They would have naturally used the footage from earlier that afternoon.

Have you ever seen them accidently show footage from Iraq when they meant to show Afghanistan? Show the wrong hurricane or an earthquake or volcano from years past? Show Mt. St. Helens when they meant to show the volcano in Iceland? No. It was no mistake.

Their only mistake was thinking that no one would notice or that the story wouldn't blow up on them because they could control it. "Hey, it's Ron Paul. Who's going to really care?" They don't get credit because they didn't catch the "error" themselves, and are only apologizing because we it went viral.

It'd be great to have some insider present evidence such as an email that they were instructed to do so.

They should have Ron Paul back on and apologize to him personally, and run it on their ticker all day. And then, they should change their behavior going forward to show they really mean it.

In the meantime, DRUDGE BOMB. He still hasn't put it out there yet.

They HAVE made huge, dumb mistakes before...

http://www.stinkyjournalism.org/editorialImages/T_Image_1172.jpg

Bruno
02-17-2011, 08:04 AM
^^^ conceeded that mistakes occur, this was no mistake.

I didn't know we invaded Egypt? Lol

angelatc
02-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Maybe if I had ever worked in the field of television news production, I could understand how some disposable archive footage could possibly get mixed in with a story less than 24 hour old.

Bruno
02-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Maybe if I had ever worked in the field of television news production, I could understand how some disposable archive footage could possibly get mixed in with a story less than 24 hour old.

There have to be a few of our members that could speak to that.

specsaregood
02-17-2011, 08:16 AM
They HAVE made huge, dumb mistakes before...
http://www.stinkyjournalism.org/editorialImages/T_Image_1172.jpg

I don't think even 10% of the American people would recognize a problem with that image.

Immortal Technique
02-17-2011, 08:26 AM
still waiting, they will probably wait until the very end of the show no doubt

hillertexas
02-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Just saw an on air apology on FOX

tangent4ronpaul
That was brief. Like a whole 4-5 seconds to read a statement and no showing of the correct footage.

:(

tangent4ronpaul
Did you get it? - would be good to add to the tubes.

-t

hillertexas
02-17-2011, 08:31 AM
I didn't...maybe someone else did.

It came of as sincere as possible IMO. "It was an honest mistake and we apologize. And we would love to have Rep Paul on again soon."

mike73
02-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Has anyone told Ron Paul yet? I'd like to hear his reaction. He's probably not surprised after the way they treated him in the last election.

Bruno
02-17-2011, 08:36 AM

It came of as sincere as possible IMO. "It was an honest mistake and we apologize. And we would love to have Rep Paul on again soon."

"We would love to have him on again soon" should have been "We have invited him back to apologize personally and are working with his team to schedule an appearance."

mike73
02-17-2011, 08:45 AM

Was it an honest mistake when they said Ron Paul "came out of nowhere"?

There was no mistake about it. It was premeditated. Ron Paul won last time, was a hit in the debates, and has a huge following- not to mention that he is on the MSM often. The fact that they said he "came out of nowhere" is proof that the entire bit was carefully crafted with intent to deceive.

georgiaboy
02-17-2011, 08:47 AM
RP supporters' mettle once again tested & proven strong.

TomtheTinker
02-17-2011, 08:48 AM
:rolleyes:

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 09:07 AM
HBS I agree. Ron Paul wouldnt get angry so we should resent from getting too outlandish. Still though, Ron Paul deserves better.

Ron wouldn't get angry, so we do it for him, but with class, I hope.

sailingaway
02-17-2011, 09:08 AM

There was no mistake about it. It was premeditated. Ron Paul won last time, was a hit in the debates, and has a huge following- not to mention that he is on the MSM often. The fact that they said he "came out of nowhere" is proof that the entire bit was carefully crafted with intent to deceive.

And this year's whole line of questioning was, again, not on the win, but on the booing (from LAST year.)

Pericles
02-17-2011, 10:15 AM
"We would love to have him on again soon" should have been "We have invited him back to apologize personally and are working with his team to schedule an appearance."
Correct. Having made an error, there are two ways an organization can deal with it going forward. (A) Pretend it was inconsequential and ignore the incident going forward depended on past credibility to carry through (B) Treat it as a serious failure of duty, and make a visible effort at doing the absolute best to fix the damage done, so the credibility of the organization is enhanced by the actions it takes to correct an injustice.

Real leaders automatically choose (B) and self serving snakes automatically choose (A)

pahs1994
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
RP supporters' mettle once again tested & proven strong.

Yes, and just wait a few months until the campaign is starting up. Alot more RP supporters will be back and in action. I have a feeling this forum will be a madhouse :)

angelatc
02-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Four years ago, I would have thought perhaps we were being a bit paranoid about all this. Then came New Hampshire.

georgiaboy
02-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Four years ago, I would have thought perhaps we were being a bit paranoid about all this. Then came New Hampshire.

word.

Seeing is believing, assuming one has an open heart & mind. Would that all who see will believe, that hearts & minds will be opened.

PatriotOne
02-17-2011, 10:47 AM

Once one understands who owns the MSM, one understands why they will NEVER be on our side and only the ignorant will expect them to change their minds. MSM is the NWO propaganda medium.

specsaregood
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, and just wait a few months until the campaign is starting up. Alot more RP supporters will be back and in action. I have a feeling this forum will be a madhouse :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

KramerDSP
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Refresh my memory about NH?

specsaregood
02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Refresh my memory about NH?

Foxnews decided to exclude Dr. Paul from their debate the night before the primary, even though he was polling higher than others that they did include. They claimed it was just because they didnt' have enough room on the bus they held it in.

JK/SEA
02-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Foxnews decided to exclude Dr. Paul from their debate the night before the primary, even though he was polling higher than others that they did include. They claimed it was just because they didnt' have enough room on the bus they held it in.

yep...and then Jay Leno had Ron on his show to talk about it. There is a YOUTUBE somewhere of RP on Leno.

Vessol
02-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I fucking knew they would claim it was an "accident".

Dr.3D
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Once one understands who owns the MSM, one understands why they will NEVER be on our side and only the ignorant will expect them to change their minds. MSM is the NWO propaganda medium.

Exactly!
This video is pretty good about showing who owns the media.

Behind The Big News

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6632255652046262625#

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/22/accurate.gif

ronpaulhawaii
02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
On Yahoo
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110217/ts_yblog_thecutline/fox-airs-misleading-footage-before-ron-paul-interview

Still, this isn't the first time Fox has aired the wrong footage in a way that could be perceived as benefiting certain Republicans.

PatriotOne
02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Exactly!
This video is pretty good about showing who owns the media.

Behind The Big News

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6632255652046262625#
Thanks. It's not easy to find a video to watch that I haven't seen yet...lol. Looks interesting so far.