PDA

View Full Version : US General Petraeus Out

doodle
02-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Obama may have been successful in making sure there would be no "Petraeus 2012" as the general exits after overseeing a failed stratgey in Afghanistan under Obama:

http://story.albuquerqueexpress.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/c08dd24cec417021/id/745110/cs/1/ht/US-General-Petraeus-to-leave-Afghan-post/

doodle
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
So he has apologized for killing of Afghan children.

Did anyone hear news of Obama saying he was outraged?

realtonygoodwin
03-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I thought Don't Ask Don't Tell was still in effect?

KramerDSP
03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Are you sure Patreaus isn't going to run for President? All signs point to either Chris Christie or General Patreaus sweeping in around July just as Ron Paul starts to hit 15-20% in the polls. Please convince me I am wrong.

doodle
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I thought Don't Ask Don't Tell was still in effect?

Oh, no no. Not that one, from Afghanistan.

doodle
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Are you sure Patreaus isn't going to run for President? All signs point to either Chris Christie or General Patreaus sweeping in around July just as Ron Paul starts to hit 15-20% in the polls. Please convince me I am wrong.

With cluster mess that Afghan policy and execution has been, IMO chances of him running now are near 0%. Obama may have successfully neutralized him. "The surge" aka purchasing of insurgents may have helped him in the eys of media in case of Iraq, but the so called "surge" in Afghanistan has been a failure by all accounts and he is directly linked to it.
Equally importantly, most Americans are deeply weary of more wars in future, so any perceived skillset that he may showcase would have very little attraction for voters today.