PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey governor rules out 2012 White House run

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/16/us-usa-politics-christie-idUSTRE71F75520110216

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said on Wednesday he sees an opportunity to run for the Republican U.S. presidential nomination in 2012, but is not going to take it.
[...]

Austin
02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Good news for us, methinks.

Rothbardian Girl
02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank goodness.

Liberty_Mike
02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Hopefully this makes Anne Colture shut her mouth for a while.

matt0611
02-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Yup, good news. I didn't think he would run anyway. Hes doing a decent job and NJ and I hope he stays there. He wouldn't make a good president (better than Obama but thats not saying much).

Candidate we have to worry about now is Mitt.

squarepusher
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Fox News mourns

Mark37snj
02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
He is ours and you can't have him, lol. But seriously, Christie never had any intentions on running. Others were putting him up there so plz don't mistake him for your typical Fox approved canidate. In my opinion Christie is still green when it comes to the problems our country is facing and how to best solve them. But he is not beholden to special interests, so far, and he appears to be doing what New Jersey voters sent him there to do. He is fighting the good fight, our fight, don't trash him because some wanted to put him, against his consent, up against the other canidates and Ron Paul.

KramerDSP
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Yup, good news. I didn't think he would run anyway. Hes doing a decent job and NJ and I hope he stays there. He wouldn't make a good president (better than Obama but thats not saying much).

Candidate we have to worry about now is Mitt.

Honestly, I'm more terrified of Petreaus. Everything I am seeing is indicating that General Petreaus announces in the middle of the race and sweeps up all the zombies.

Romney always loses support as the race goes on.
Palin is unelectable, and I don't think she will run.
Huckabee is probably the biggest threat.
Gingrich is sitting in the McCain '07 position right now.

With the new GOP primary rules in place, I think we're headed for a Goldwater-style brokered convention. And if you'll allow me to take a far leap, the only way the convention becomes unbrokered is if everyone decides to give Rand Paul the nomination as a compromise (not sure if that is even allowable?!?).

eduardo89
02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
This is good, I'd rather him stay and New Jersey and do some good there instead of going to washington and do crap

Doug8796
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I have actually heard ann like paul.. If she can gather more support I am all for it (as crazy as she is)

KramerDSP
02-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I have actually heard ann like paul.. If she can gather more support I am all for it (as crazy as she is)

Coulter agrees with Paul on everything domestically. She's also said she's afraid to talk to him too long, or she just may be convinced to agree with him 100%. However, a few days ago, she called Ron Paul supporters the equivalent of Justin Bieber supporters and seemed disdainful.