PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown Admits he was Sexually Abused as Child

Kludge
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Try to pretend to have a little taste if you'd be so kind.

"BOSTON (AP) -- Sen. Scott Brown has revealed he was sexually abused as a child several times by a camp counselor and has detailed physical abuse by a stepfather.

The Republican senator from Massachusetts made the revelations in an interview to air Sunday night on the CBS program "60 Minutes."

Brown says the camp counselor threatened to kill him if he disclosed the sexual abuse.

"He said, 'If you tell anybody ... I'll kill you. I will make sure nobody believes you,'" Brown said in the interview.

Brown also said he looked into buying a home where his stepfather had physically abused him just so he could "burn it down."

Brown said that being physically abused at home and being the product of broken homes made him more vulnerable to sexual predators."

Full story @ http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BROWN_SEXUAL_ABUSE?SITE=ALANN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd change the word 'admits' to something more like 'shares'. It doesn't sound like it was wrung out of him unwillingly. It sounds like he is giving background to policy positions.

RileyE104
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here and say the guy is trying to get publicity so people will feel sorry for him, forget what a RINO he is and then vote him back into office.

ItsTime
02-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here and say the guy is trying to get publicity so people will feel sorry for him, forget what a RINO he is and then vote him back into office.

Bingo.

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM

That has the exact opposite effect on me. Reminds me of the horrid gun grabbers who have come out on a crusade w/ an agenda due to some trauma in their lives and caused more harm than good.

Kind of curious - is he Catholic?

-t

wormyguy
02-16-2011, 03:49 PM

Calvinist; it's generally a safe bet to assume any Massachusetts Democrat is Catholic or Jewish, and any Republican is Protestant. People still largely vote (and especially choose party affiliation) on religious lines here.

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
That has the exact opposite effect on me. Reminds me of the horrid gun grabbers who have come out on a crusade w/ an agenda due to some trauma in their lives and caused more harm than good.

-t

I think he said it happened at camp, but still, I wouldn't leave my kids with a Catholic priest for anything.

Sorry, just the Dad coming out in me...

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Calvinist; it's generally a safe bet to assume any Massachusetts Democrat is Catholic or Jewish, and any Republican is Protestant. People still largely vote (and especially choose party affiliation) on religious lines here.

Calvinist? Nah man...dont think so:)

EDIT: wow wormyguy, you were right. He says he affliates with the Christian Reformed Church! Wow...now that is a shocker for me. Especially since the CRC is described as

"The denomination is considered evangelical and[ 1] Calvinistic[ 1] in its theology. It places high value on consistency in its theology. It places high value on theological study and the application of theology to current issues, emphasizes the importance of careful Biblical hermeneutics..."

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I think he said it happened at camp, but still, I wouldn't leave my kids with a Catholic priest for anything.

Sorry, just the Dad coming out in me...

Churches run summer camps.

-t

Agorism
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Nothing really to say about this.

Freedom 4 all
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM

-t

Why is it every time someone mentions child molestation that's the first thing to go through everyone's mind? I had to read the story twice before I realized the word priest was NOT in there.

Brian4Liberty
02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Reminds me of the horrid gun grabbers who have come out on a crusade w/ an agenda due to some trauma in their lives and caused more harm than good.

Not to downplay the pain, trauma and scarring he probably suffered, but there's something to be said about not having victims serve as lawmaker, cop, Judge, Jury and executioner.

Guitarzan
02-16-2011, 04:30 PM
So that's what turned him into a spineless democrat masquerading as a Republican?

eduardo89
02-16-2011, 04:35 PM
poor guy, but doesn't change him being a rino douche

Matt Collins
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Heh... I got this guy's cell phone number this weekend lol

doodle
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Try to pretend to have a little taste if you'd be so kind.

I'm little confused with switching of "reveals" with "admits" in the title, did he do something wrong that he "admits"?

pcosmar
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm little confused with switching of "reveals" with "admits" in the title, did he do something wrong that he "admits"?

Kind of my thought. What is he using it as an excuse for?

Usually molesters use that as an excuse when they get caught.

lester1/2jr
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
very sad.

MelissaWV
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Kind of my thought. What is he using it as an excuse for?

Usually molesters use that as an excuse when they get caught.

The guy has a "tell-all" book out about himself, hence the discussion of his childhood trauma.

Childhood trauma sucks, but it's not an excuse for certain stances, or some kind of heroic thing that lifts him above reproach. Trauma in general really, really stinks, and people often have something snarky to say about it, which makes it a wound that festers perpetually. *Rereads thread* Yup, snarky.

Kludge
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
I wrote the title. I don't associate "admit" with wrongdoing. http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=admit

Sorry for the confusion.

MikeStanart
02-17-2011, 03:29 PM

Thread Winner.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the headline.

moostraks
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Not to downplay the pain, trauma and scarring he probably suffered, but there's something to be said about not having victims serve as lawmaker, cop, Judge, Jury and executioner.

Generally the people in positions of power are perpetrators not victims.

Tonewah
02-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Scott Brown has revealed he was sexually abused as a child.

So was Roseanne Barr... I think the chances of me voting for either of them are still pretty slim and get no boost from this story whatsoever.

ManifestLiberty
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
OBVIOUSLY he is a reptilian shape shifter who is from an Illuminati bloodline full of Satanists and ritual child abusers! His MK Ultra mind control techniques are wearing off and he's opening up.

I'm being tongue in cheek here guys and gals, please don't set my post on fire.