PDA

View Full Version : What I/WE Can Offer In Iowa

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 08:56 AM
mods please leave in gp for awhile!

the goal should be 8-10,000 votes, 5-6000 votes should win iowa , the establishment would know we are coming! I would expect Romney to try to double or triple his totals knowing we are coming. I highly doubt he could double or triple his totals. I think we can at least draw a min of 8,000 votes if we canvas and work Iowa.

I do not know how my money will be at that time but i want to at least be there for 1-2 weeks and i can be there for more! We need to directly knock on every door! Period!!

RPF MEMBERS depending on how my wife is(health wise) and if she has a job. I make 12hr and would be willing to quit my job and go there for 1-2 months if my wife allowed me to if she is working i think i can cover all my costs! If she is not working. I would need 12hr for a min of 40 hrs a week while i was there so i could pay rent and help my disabled wife is she is not working! If she is working i will not need that help! If she is not working and i cannot quit my job for obvious reasons known to most here at rpf! I could take some work off and be there for 3-4 days once a month leading upto Iowa! One way or another WE HAVE TO WIN IOWA! I will do everything in my power to make it happen and help!!!

my services: ACTIVIST: would be direct marketing door to door. I have 20 yrs experience and 56% to 72% voting majority in several towns and counties for references! My wife could set up websites for this iowa mission. We rank front page google with social media and many more search terms in our state and can do the same in iowa:) www.coloradomountainmedia.com

I can also bring a full sound system 2 18's 2 15's amps turntables and music(all genres), access to tv or projectors and i can run video and visuals with my music!!

I made this thread in hopes people understand we have to plan now and individuals need to make their plans now!! We need to set up houses and organize group leaders divide the state up and send folks to all corners. We need to knock on every door before iowa straw poll! we need to motivate those 11,000 voters in Iowa to join us in our mission! Are you ready? I sure the hell am!!:)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I should be able to get to Iowa for an undetermined amount of time. I can do just about anything and if we have a camp set up or something than I can even help out with the cooking so we can all eat.. whatever it takes just count me in.

libertybrewcity
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I'll sleep outside for free and hit up the McDonalds bathroom in the morning! If we really need to get around I am sure RP would lend us his jet.

Just kidding, but I am sure the campaign will have a headquarters and will be looking for volunteers.

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/58701/United-States-information-Iowa.html

Iowa

Jan. 1, 2009: Est. population, 3,003,000; Members, 23,519; Stakes 7; Wards 37;Branches 31; Missions, 1; Percent LDS, 0.8, or one in 128.

In 2002, membership reached 19,298. In 2005, membership reached 22,105.

A large percentage of that population is going to be too young to vote. Ignoring that, and I'm assuming Romney is going to get most/all of his bussed in people from the church and a 10% follow through rate, he should be able to get 2,350 votes from them.

How many votes did he get last time?

-t

amy31416
02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Jesus Kenny, don't quit your job. This is important and everything, but that just sounds like a bad idea. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but it sounds like your wife really needs you--is there a way you could balance this?

Bergie Bergeron
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe Ron Paul's presidential campaign could hire you..

Dave Aiello
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
bump. i'm on board for whatever i can do.

malkusm
02-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I'll be there for some amount of time.

trey4sports
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
If all goes as planned I'll definitely be heading down there

Incrimsonias
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
We should set up volunteer bases in Iowa. Hopefully we can get a few members to open their houses and have grassroots contribute money for their basic necessities

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
We should set up volunteer bases in Iowa. Hopefully we can get a few members to open their houses and have grassroots contribute money for their basic necessities

Best bet is to locate community centers that used to be schools and ask about renting out their gym. You get showers, lockers, kitchen, etc. Tell people to bring sleeping bags and pads. Might be able to rent cots too.

-t

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Jesus Kenny, don't quit your job. This is important and everything, but that just sounds like a bad idea. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but it sounds like your wife really needs you--is there a way you could balance this?

I will not quit my job unless laura gets one and i can afford to but i will do what i have to!! We have to win iowa!! iowans need to understand the urgency and i will do whatever it takes for Ron Paul!! you already know briefly what we have been through. I just wanted folks to understand i will do what i have to if needed!!

WE NEED ACTION!!!! ASAP

Kotin
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
I am in for Iowa.. let me know where and when and I'll be there.

MelissaCato
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Why can't someone just rent a nice house for awhile and set up a base camp for all out of state help ? Maybe even a few camps where ever needed. Just an idea.

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Why can't someone just rent a nice house for awhile and set up a base camp for all out of state help ? Maybe even a few camps where ever needed. Just an idea.

camps were the problem before.

I've only been in one "house" (for a party) that might house the numbers we are talking about. It had a indoor swimming pool, a theater, a ballroom, a bowling ally and, IIRC 5 stories above ground and 2 underground - complete with secret passages. I don't even want to think about what that place costs! (even to rent for a month!)

Akus
02-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll be there for some amount of time. Lol at mental picture of you trying to hustle Ron Paul to an Iowan with a thick Brooklyn accent.

malkusm
02-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Lol at mental picture of you trying to hustle Ron Paul to an Iowan with a thick Brooklyn accent.

Oh nooooo....I'm a relative newb to Brooklyn, no accent yet (at least, I don't think so). Still a funny thought, though....

Woman: Hello
Me: How y'doin?
Woman: Umm, ok....
Me: Who y'votin foah?
Woman: Well, I kind of like Romney....
Me: Romney? Fuhgeddabahdit!

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-16-2011, 11:11 PM
What do you guys think is better...? Me taking 80 days of terminal leave to get out in time to make it to Iowa, or to sell off 50 days and take 30 days of terminal leave, but miss Iowa, but be able to contribute 1,500 FRN's?

muzzled dogg
02-16-2011, 11:15 PM
$1500 vs how many days in iowa?

MelissaCato
02-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!!

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
$1500 vs how many days in iowa?

Well I would be getting out around the end of July, so how many ever it took. I'd rather stay in a liberty lovers house to reduce costs, but if you need me for a month I'm all yours!

The Dark Knight
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
I am trying to decide if its worth 500$ to travel to Iowa or just to donate that Money to the campaign.

CaseyJones
02-16-2011, 11:53 PM
I will be there

college4life
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I am trying to decide if its worth 500$ to travel to Iowa or just to donate that Money to the campaign.

Dark Knight, I'd go bro. We need people on the ground there badly, I think your presence would probably be more valuable if used correctly but your choice of course

FSP-Rebel
02-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I'll probably be another donor, best of luck to everyone.

MelissaCato
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
I think. We shuld make a devil, why not ? LOL Or is deal ? I forget !!! Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!!!

Eric21ND
02-17-2011, 05:38 AM
I really like the idea of renting a big house for a while. Hell it could be the grassroots "campaign" office.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
I really like the idea of renting a big house for a while. Hell it could be the grassroots "campaign" office.

That sounds like a lot of fun.