PDA

View Full Version : Free federal government supplied internet router right here! Get em while they're hot

devil21
02-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Im sure they won't snoop on you or anything and it only requires 60gigs (!!) of data a month to "test" your internet connection, and for only 3 years. Won't you sign up today?

http://www.testmyisp.com/index.php

We'll be deploying our rather lovely SamKnows "White boxes"*, an asset to any home, filled with some clever technology to volunteers all around the country. Once connected to your home network the unit will perform a series of tests at regular intervals during the day, every day of the year, with little to no involvement from you, simple!

"SamKnows"? How Orwellian.

fisharmor
02-16-2011, 07:05 AM
If that's an FCC program, why does the site have a .com extension?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-16-2011, 07:09 AM
If anyone signs up for this thing they deserve the spying assrape that ensues.

angelatc
02-16-2011, 07:30 AM
If that's an FCC program, why does the site have a .com extension?

The site is probably run by the crony that's making $10 million dollars to study this nonsense. If I were a geek, I'd sign up so I could take it apart. Figuratively speaking, I mean.

Travlyr
02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
These jackasses keep pushing their government products are 'free' bullshit in the face of obvious failure and invasion. As we all know, it's not really 'free' or 'freedom."

amy31416
02-16-2011, 09:09 AM
The site is probably run by the crony that's making $10 million dollars to study this nonsense. If I were a geek, I'd sign up so I could take it apart. Figuratively speaking, I mean.

+1

We have plenty of those here...let's go!