PDA

View Full Version : Toyota: No Flaws afterall (electronically)

Fox McCloud
02-16-2011, 12:53 AM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/02/08/finds-defect-toyotas-electronic-throttles/

Wow, all I can say is, after the media (and to an extent government) hyping this up like no tomorrow, it turns out to be nothing more stuck pedals (which was fixed by a previous recall) and driver error....yet Toyota still had to pay the gobs of cash in fines and the government is still considering more stringent regulations for automobiles.

I still say the original ploy was a pure political game to detract from GM's biggest competitor.

StilesBC
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
I still say the original ploy was a pure political game to detract from GM's biggest competitor.

That would be the simplest explanation.

"There are no accidents, all things have a deep and calculated purpose; sometimes the methods employed by Providence seem strange and incongruous, but we have only to be patient and wait for the result: then we recognize that no others would have answered the purpose, and we are rebuked and humbled." -- Mark Twain

youngbuck
02-16-2011, 01:38 AM
My suspicions from the beginning have been confirmed. Even when I had my doubts, I still considered Toyota to be the top dog among the large manufacturers.

dannno
02-16-2011, 01:58 AM
When I saw the Toyota Union out protesting a plant shut-down in my state at the same time, I smelled coordination.. had a feeling this was BS..

But ya.. I talked to those union dudes.. I felt bad because they were losing their job, but I was seriously about to be like 'uhh, ya, you want me to tell Toyota to keep a factory open that is losing them money?? how the hell are they supposed to remain competitive that way?'