PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'reilly " Will Ron Paul Destroy The Republican Party?"

Immortal Technique
02-15-2011, 11:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFjEA4vj9M

Airing Date Feb.15, 2010

Bill O'reilly " Will Ron Paul Destroy The Republican Party?"
Stossel talks to Bill O'reilly about Ron Paul

Fredom101
02-16-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFjEA4vj9M

Airing Date Feb.15, 2010

Bill O'reilly " Will Ron Paul Destroy The Republican Party?"
Stossel talks to Bill O'reilly about Ron Paul

Hopefully he will!

Kludge
02-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Great response by Paul. Thanks for posting.

BamaFanNKy
02-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Attack the front runner.

AGRP
02-16-2011, 12:09 AM
yay!

Fredom101
02-16-2011, 12:09 AM
O'Reilly lives in a complete fantasy bubble.

"Paul is an isolationist! It's a world economy!"
"We need to protect South Korea!"

WTF? Gee, maybe we should tell kooky old Ron Paul that the economy is now WORLD WIDE! Maybe then he will drop his CRAZY idea that the US shouldn't go around attacking other countries!

Matthew Zak
02-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks Bill, you just dumped jet fuel in the fire. I don't think our base needs to see any more clips, that should pretty much do it. Game over. If Ron Paul hasn't already destroyed the republican party, my sir you just guaranteed it. Thank you.

justinc.1089
02-16-2011, 12:25 AM
O'Reilly:

Ron Paul is fringe like Ralph Nader, and therefore unelectable.

Stossel:

Obama didn't seem like he could win. He was a long shot.

O'Reilly:

Obama is a liberal in another camp and therefore cannot be compared to Ron Paul, yet Ralph Nader can be compared to Ron Paul. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Hopefully!!!!!

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Attack the front runner.

:) +1

cubical
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
"there must be certain assets that are protected"

Geez, how did the world function before the US started making sure it was protected? The world sure is lucky that we are here to watch out for them.

CableNewsJunkie
02-16-2011, 01:03 AM
The Republican Party is destroying itself by not acknowledging the power of our ideas.

Kregisen
02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I wonder how the political parties will change in the next 15-20 years....since so many young republicans are liberty-minded, I think this whole party will continue to change until the neo-cons are all left out. As bad as this sounds, more of the old are dying every day....Ron's worst age group is the senior citizens. (I think he gets 2-3% of their vote)

AJ Antimony
02-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Now I remember why I never watch O'Reilly...

His show is so far from being journalism that he can't even interview people correctly. He doesn't interview. He tells his guests what he believes, he declares it to be truth, and any sound arguments against him aren't allowed.

An intelligent person would welcome opposing arguments and then logically shoot them down. A loser who doesn't know jack shit about anything would prevent opposing arguments from even being heard.

Kords21
02-16-2011, 01:47 AM
What was the point of Stossel being on this segment when Bill wouldn't let him say anything? Looks like the establishment is starting to take notice of Ron Paul and his movement and it scares them. This can only be a good thing.

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 02:01 AM
The Republican Party is destroying itself by not acknowledging the power of our ideas.

thread winner

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 02:02 AM
I wonder how the political parties will change in the next 15-20 years....since so many young republicans are liberty-minded, I think this whole party will continue to change until the neo-cons are all left out. As bad as this sounds, more of the old are dying every day....Ron's worst age group is the senior citizens. (I think he gets 2-3% of their vote)

outlaw fibilators and we would be the gop overnight!!

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-16-2011, 02:05 AM
The Republican Party would be destroyed without Ron Paul.

RedStripe
02-16-2011, 02:09 AM
If Ron Paul destroys the Republican Party.. the party that has existed for over a century and a half... I will laugh so hard. It would be glorious.

justinc.1089
02-16-2011, 02:34 AM
If Ron Paul destroys the Republican Party.. the party that has existed for over a century and a half... I will laugh so hard. It would be glorious.

Indeed, it IS going to be a glorious day one day.

cindy25
02-16-2011, 02:45 AM
the two party system is dead; 2012 will confirm that; future presidents will be chosen by the house. VPs by the senate.

Romulus
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
You know you're over the target when you get the fire - bring it on!

heavenlyboy34
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Hopefully he will!
+a zillion! :)

sailingaway
02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
George Bush got there first.

VBRonPaulFan
02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
O'Reilly lives in a complete fantasy bubble.

"Paul is an isolationist! It's a world economy!"
"We need to protect South Korea!"

WTF? Gee, maybe we should tell kooky old Ron Paul that the economy is now WORLD WIDE! Maybe then he will drop his CRAZY idea that the US shouldn't go around attacking other countries!

What I thought was hilarious about that was that he said South Korea couldn't defend itself from a nuclear attack, so we needed troops there to help protect them. What is 30k troops going to do to help defend against a nuclear attack? lol.

Matt Collins
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
What was the point of Stossel being on this segment when Bill wouldn't let him say anything? The overlords at NewsCorp forced Bill to have John on in order to promote John and FBN.

dean.engelhardt
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Hopefully he will!

Too late. George W alraedy destroyed it.

Paul Revered
02-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Bill O'Really is a bloviating pinhead.

dean.engelhardt
02-16-2011, 01:58 PM
The overlords at NewsCorp forced Bill to have John on in order to promote John and FBN.

FBN is a far superior choice.

truthsaga
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
In the words of George Bush, "Bring them on!"

trey4sports
02-16-2011, 02:55 PM
To Bill's credit, he wasn't as much of an asshole as he has been in the past.

TroySmith
02-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I think we will be seeing a lot of "Testing the waters" with ron paul. They know if they don't have a candidate that the RP Tea Party Republicans will vote for, they will lose. However, they are obviously very frightened of RP becoming president. I look for them to be forced to make a deal with libertarian republicans.

georgiaboy
02-16-2011, 03:04 PM
As usual, wrong question. "Will the Republican Party continue to marginalize Ron Paul at it's Own Peril?"

Ron Paul, and the few like him recently elected, are the only Hope for the Republican Party.

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Too late. George W already destroyed it.

Amen to that... this is when people finally woke up and said, what the hell is going on with these parties and clowns leading them. Infrastructure/Bureaucracies/Political parties go hand n hand.

It's the establishment Money Masters that have hijacked both political parties, it doesn't matter what these politicians think anymore, with the exception of a rare few, they're bought and paid for. O'Really should be called an Idiot/PinHead/whatever, for not realizing what has happen to the Republican party and who has hijacked it, but we know, he's just a Circus clown for the sheeple to watch and believe.

eduardo89
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
He thinks Trump would get more votes than Ron Paul? What a joke! RP has at least 230,000 votes (C4L members :P )

eduardo89
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Double post

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-16-2011, 03:42 PM
If the Republicans were in office, then I'd have to say this could happen. However, since the main purpose now is to get a foreigner, an extremist, and someone who has bowed to tyranny out of office, I think Ron Paul will throw his support to the Republican side if nessary.

matt0611
02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, O'Reilly is just so stupid it makes me angry!

Worldwide economy isolationist argument - Ron Paul is not an isolationist, he would trade with others, next!

We need to protect South Korea - why? They're much richer than North Korea, they have a good military and can take care of themselves, they can buy all the awesome military equipment they want from us. And even so, doesn't mean we need to keep 30,000 troops there.

Abolishing the dept of education - why is this so crazy? what good has the dept of education done for us? our schools are FAILING!
Education was better without it!
Besides, theres nothing in the constitution that allows the feds to get involved with education!

How is any of this crazy? I just don't get it...

Cowlesy
02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I hope this has the same effect that Rudy Giuliani in 2007 had when he got into a Ron Paul bashing mode ---- it swelled RP's support, because people began to question, "Whyyyyy is he so against this man?"

Flash
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Abolishing the dept of education - why is this so crazy? what good has the dept of education done for us? our schools are FAILING!
Education was better without it!
Besides, theres nothing in the constitution that allows the feds to get involved with education!
You know what's funny about that? Earlier that day on O'reilly's show he was RANTING about how the Department of Education has been a complete failure. So he ADMITS it's a failure but DOESN'T want to abolish it.

reduen
02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
He would/will grow the party just like Ronald Regan did you bunch of GOP morons.....! :rolleyes:

Romulus
02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope this has the same effect that Rudy Giuliani in 2007 had when he got into a Ron Paul bashing mode ---- it swelled RP's support, because people began to question, "Whyyyyy is he so against this man?"

Bingo - I say bring it!

1836er
02-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Let's be honest here. With a few minor exceptions - the presidencies of Harding/Coolidge in the 1920s to some extent, the principled opposition of Senator Taft and the "Old Right" from the 1930s-50s as the minority faction within their own party, the unfulfilled promise of Barry Goldwater, and the rhetoric (but not the results) of Ronald Reagan - the GOP has never really been worth a darn to begin with. With the exceptions above noted... the GOP has historically either been the main party of big-government statist tyranny (1850s-1910s), or the acquiescent junior partner to and chief enabler of the party of big-government statist tyranny (1910s-present).

pacelli
02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Bill O'Really is a bloviating pinhead.

who forgot his "loofah and falafel-thing"

Do it live.

Flash
02-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Let's be honest here. With a few minor exceptions - the presidencies of Harding/Coolidge in the 1920s to some extent, the principled opposition of Senator Taft and the "Old Right" from the 1930s-50s as the minority faction within their own party, the unfulfilled promise of Barry Goldwater, and the rhetoric (but not the results) of Ronald Reagan - the GOP has never really been worth a darn to begin with. With the exceptions above noted... the GOP has historically either been the main party of big-government statist tyranny (1850s-1910s), or the acquiescent junior partner to and chief enabler of the party of big-government statist tyranny (1910s-present).

Couldn't agree more. None of my favorite Presidents were Republicans.

rich34
02-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Attack the front runner.

I hope you feel that way, I truly do.

QueenB4Liberty
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Me too!

I like how they already made a bet on him winning a primary and he didn't even announce yet.

civusamericanus
02-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Stossel put up $1000 for Ron Paul! You can tell Stossel knows exactly the spin that Oreilly's putting out there. This segment of the show was once again, specifically designed to make people believe Ron Paul can't win... They think if they say it enough, it will become the truth.

FreedomProsperityPeace
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
O'Reilly is still banging the drum tonight. He bashed Dr. Paul in two segments so far, with Karl Rove and Dennis Miller. To Miller's credit, he had some good things to say about RP.

bolidew
02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
O'Reilly is still banging the drum tonight. He bashed Dr. Paul in two segments so far, with Karl Rove and Dennis Miller. To Miller's credit, he had some good things to say about RP.

What did Dennis Miller say?

Chester Copperpot
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Is it just me or is the media acting like Ron Paul is already running?

mczerone
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM
the two party system is dead; 2012 will confirm that; future presidents will be chosen by the house. VPs by the senate.

Interesting theory - what's your reasoning?

Dr.3D
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
It seems the GOP has lost it's way for a long time now and if anything, Ron Paul is rebuilding the GOP back to what it was and is supposed to be.

mczerone
02-16-2011, 08:47 PM
People aren't looking for that much change/He's too radical to win.

Ron Paul wants to abolish most of the federal government.

O'R can't see that that's exactly why Paul has a chance this time around. People got one end of the spectrum of "change" in 2008 where the new person is seen as too radical and wanting to grow every part of government. The pendulum can swing back pretty far past the mainstream GOP candidates, and toward the Paul end of the Federal Govt spectrum.

He's an isolationist in a "world economy"

If Korea "needs" protection to manage it's trade, it must pay for that protection. If B'O wants to make sure that happens, he's free to buy stock in a company that protects Korea's international trade routes from disruption.

Stossell's response about Afghanistan was ridiculous and reminds me why I don't like him - he says he's a free-market libertarian, but never seems to be able to articulate anything about it on the fly except "cut government programs!" I think this does more harm than good for growing our ranks through media exposure. He's always doom and gloom about "taking away people's privileges" and never has solutions. And then he even said "Well then we'll attack them first" when O'R asked about what he carefully did not call blowback. Even granting the existence of federalized forces, the constitution requires a declaration of war to attack anyone, first or in retaliation. And Libertarian theory would suggest being prepared to stop them as they got here, only when it was imminent that they would attack.

I bet O'R's performance will drive more people to consider Ron Paul than will Stossell's.

libertybrewcity
02-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Thank you Stossel! He is definitely on Ron's side. Let's prove Bill wrong and win at least 25 primaries and every caucus!

FreedomProsperityPeace
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM
What did Dennis Miller say?Paraphrasing, he said that RP has some good ideas, and he said if we're not going to fight to win in places like Afghanistan, maybe we should stay here and build a wall around the country (said jokingly).

CUnknown
02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
What I thought was hilarious about that was that he said South Korea couldn't defend itself from a nuclear attack, so we needed troops there to help protect them. What is 30k troops going to do to help defend against a nuclear attack? lol.

Yeah, seriously. He says "They can't protect themselves from a nuclear attack!" I'm like...um... Bill... we couldn't either, lol..

nathanmn
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM

In the 90's they almost passed a balanced budget amendment, and they had the budget under control in the 90s... there are times when the GOP could have been a lot worse. Also, at the state and local level there are plenty of decent GOP politicians. They just haven't seemed to make it to the federal level much lately.

Humanae Libertas
02-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Shill O'Reilly should be thanking Paul and the REAL, legitimate Tea Party for gaining young Republican voters this election. Before that, the Republican party was dying with no hopes for regaining the House or the Senate. But no, you're not going to hear that from the propagandist-likes of Karl Rove, Charles Krauthammer, and FOX News.

Maybe that is why the old timers hate Paul; because he has the young folks, and are the future of this country. The old timers/old media won't be around much longer.

CableNewsJunkie
02-17-2011, 01:01 AM
who forgot his "loofah and falafel-thing"

Do it live.

I haven't forgotten, but I asked some family members a couple weeks ago if they remembered...

Nope. Down the memory hole.

I really wish we had audio/video tapes of this (self-professed "Culture Warrior") scumbag doing something sleazy.

ronaldo23
02-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Bill just doesn't know what to do with himself...3 of his colleagues (Stossel, Beck and Napolitano) are Ron Paul supporters!

JoshLowry
02-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Non-interventionism, not isolationism.

blocks
02-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Bill just doesn't know what to do with himself...3 of his colleagues (Stossel, Beck and Napolitano) are Ron Paul supporters!

:eek: Beck? Really? Not good news...Have any links?

kahless
02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
There is a bright side to this. Regardless of what the viewers believe about Ron Paul watching that the video, what they will take away from it is BillO is a not a Conservative and is in fact a believer in big government. The more he makes these statements the more Conservatives watching will be turned off by whom he will covertly endorses. Which will likely continue to be the big government Progressive, Mitt Romney.

Pericles
02-17-2011, 10:34 AM
It should because the question shows the bias. In December of 2008, the Republican party was written off as dead. The fact that it resurged and held sway in the 2010 elections is the result of not only repudiation of the Democratic Party, but the ideas and concepts best articulated by Ron Paul and the Tea Party.

The correct question would have been is Ron Paul the saving of the Republican Party?

Tonewah
02-17-2011, 11:05 AM

Beck who? Surely you don't mean the guy that called us terrorists for raising millions of dollars for Ron Paul's 08 Presidential campaign, do you?

Rothbardian Girl
02-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Hear, hear. The prospects are exciting. It makes me want to keep trying to reach as many people as I can about Dr. Paul's message.