PDA

View Full Version : My Letter to Sen. Marco Rubio Today...

ChrisDiamond
02-15-2011, 09:36 PM
http://onediamondsmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-wrote-marco-rubio-today.html

I hope that you are all writing your own senators who voted to extend this assault on our Constitutional liberty!

amy31416
02-15-2011, 09:46 PM
http://onediamondsmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-wrote-marco-rubio-today.html

I hope that you are all writing your own senators who voted to extend this assault on our Constitutional liberty!

Both of my senators voted "yea," (along with my new congressman) and I will/have written them, for what little it's worth--even though the robo-responses are really aggravating.

ChrisDiamond
02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Its what we can do right now... I email, call and even fax when I can. I want them to know who I am, that I give a damn and that yes there are people keeping track of what they're doing up there!

eduardo89
02-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Rubio is such a disappointing neocon. He's obviously going to toe the party line till 2016 and run for president.

Jeffersonian2012
02-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I was quite angry at my senators in Illinois. Here is what I sent them:

I write to you today because I am heavily disappointed that you voted to extend provisions of the PATRIOT Act. This vote shows your utter disrespect for the constitution and the rights of the people. In case you didn't know what the Constitution is, the 4th amendment reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." How long is Washington going to dismiss this amendment in the name of "safety?" The fact is that I am scared to death of terrorists. Terrorists in Washington that continue to strip our freedoms and liberties. Thanks to you guys, the U.S. is no longer as free as it once was. The terrorists have won. You have successfully destroyed the U.S. Congratulations.

anaconda
02-16-2011, 12:05 AM
http://onediamondsmind.blogspot.com/...bio-today.html

Thanks for writing that douche bag such a great letter. I am curious about one thing: Your letter indicts all other Tea Party Sweethearts "except for Rand Paul." Did you mean to discredit Mike Lee too? Just curious. If so, why? At least at this early point in time.

ChrisDiamond
02-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Anaconda, that was an oversight/error on my part. In truth, I have not heard much from Mike Lee. I do not watch television and get my news/information from independent media sources. I will poke around and see what I find regarding Mr. Lee.

Primarily, I meant to highlight the Tea Party Rock Stars; Rubio, Michelle Bachmann, Allen West, Jim DeMint and the like.

Brett85
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Anaconda, that was an oversight/error on my part. In truth, I have not heard much from Mike Lee. I do not watch television and get my news/information from independent media sources. I will poke around and see what I find regarding Mr. Lee.

Primarily, I meant to highlight the Tea Party Rock Stars; Rubio, Michelle Bachmann, Allen West, Jim DeMint and the like.

Mike hasn't spoken about it, but he did vote against the 3 month extension.

Elwar
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I e-mailed Gus Bilirakis about it before the vote noting that he voted for it last week.

We're having our first CFL meeting tomorrow to organize. It might be time for a new congressman.

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2011, 12:20 PM
The PATRIOT ACT is also a violation to the First Amendment... Any investigations, raids, taps, spying, if you speak out about them or reveal them to anyone, under the threat of Arrest/incarceration/lost of all possessions/property/fines/imprisonment... if you do such 1st amendment acts.

It's a violation of the 1st amendment too.

Chieppa1
02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Rubio is such a disappointing neocon. He's obviously going to toe the party line till 2016 and run for president.

Rand Paul will bitch slap his chances. A young, good looking guy who is more out of touch with social issues in this country then an older doctor from Kentucky. He's screwed.

anaconda
02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Rand Paul will bitch slap his chances. A young, good looking guy who is more out of touch with social issues in this country then an older doctor from Kentucky. He's screwed.

Rand will be viewed as a very young politician for a good while.

dean.engelhardt
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Both of my senators voted "yea," (along with my new congressman) and I will/have written them, for what little it's worth--even though the robo-responses are really aggravating.

Casy and Toomey? I thought Toomey was suppose to be a Tea Party guy?

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Rubio has sold his soul... he will have the MSM propaganda, AIPAC, PNAC, (Tea Party Express, ResistNet, Patriot Action Network, Freedom Works: NEOCON fronts) backing Rubio. It will take quite a bit to expose and take this puppet out of political office.

ChrisDiamond
02-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I think his voting record over this first year will speak volumes. The hard part will not be 'exposing' his ties to NeoCon groups, Wall Street or corporate interests; the hard part will be convincing people that his voting record reflects devotion to those interests instead of those of his constituents, and getting them to vote him out.