PDA

View Full Version : Shock poll: Birthers rule - Astonishing number of citizens don't believe president's story

lynnf
02-15-2011, 08:22 PM
read it and weep, obots!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=263973

A new poll is shocking the political powers in Washington with indication that only 3 in 10 members of the GOP believe that Barack Obama was born in the United States.

Andrew-Austin
02-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I actually just think its a bigotry or partisan thing. I don't think its something most people are all informed about, or that they really care about the Constitutionality issue, they are inclined to just jeering "damn that foreign mooslim Obama!"

Not that its this way with all birthers of course, I'm just suspecting it is this way with a lot of them. Besides, appealing to the fact that "a lot of people believe" is not convincing to anyone who does not already think he is foreign born.

Kludge
02-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I actually just think its a bigotry or partisan thing. I don't think its something most people are all informed about, or that they really care about the Constitutionality issue, they are inclined to just jeering "damn that foreign mooslim Obama!"

Not that its this way with all birthers of course, I'm just suspecting it is this way with a lot of them. Besides, appealing to the fact that "a lot of people believe" is not convincing to anyone who does not already think he is foreign born.
Well, birthers do appear to very-much like Palin according to the poll

"A 51% majority of national GOP primary voters erroneously think President Obama was
not born in the U.S. 28% know that he was. With the latter, Palin’s favorability rating is
41-52—other than Ron Paul, the only candidate these voters view negatively. But with
birthers, she has a soaring 83-12, far higher than for any of the others."

While I'd normally be more impressed this poll came from PPP, their wording (elsewhere) in the press release seems to suggest they're looking to discredit the GOP with the numbers.