PDA

View Full Version : an American Dream DVD bomb - possibly a new one day activist event!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
For those of you at Cpac, you may have seen the film "American Dream" at the liberty forum on Thursday evening. For those who have not seen it, please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

The idea I have is that we buy thousands of copies of these and gather vounteers in all 50 states who will go out on a certain day and hand out copies of this film for FREE to people in high traffic areas. Along with the film we can give them Ron Paul campaign literature,etc.

I have already talked to the producer of the film and he says he will lower the cost of the film to $3 a copy for an event of this nature. My thought is we could send each volunteer a box of 100 DVD's to be handed out all on one day.

So before I launch full into this I wanted to just get some opinions on a couple of questions.

1.) Is this is a good idea or a waste of resources?

2.) If it is a good idea, could we do this financially even considering the low cost per unit of the DVD's?

3.) Would you be willing to phsyically participate in an event like this? In other words.. would you be willing to actually go somewhere and hand out copies?

Just give me some feedback and ask any questions and if people agree it is a good idea than I will start drawing out some plans on how to accomplish this.

CaseyJones
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
(1)yes good idea
(2)why not "We Are Mighty"
(3)yes I will hand them out

freshjiva
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I LOVE the idea, but I don't think American Dream would be the appropriate DVD to be handing out to the public at large in order to campaign for Ron Paul.

While I absolutely loved the video, we need something that is a little bit more rounded than just Fed-centered. A video that demonstrates how Ron Paul's platform of liberty is parallel to those ideas of freedom taught by the Founders, philosophical thinkers, Statesmen, economists, and Presidents, and how he's been remarkably consistent in his fight for liberty over the past 35 years.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I LOVE the idea, but I don't think American Dream would be the appropriate DVD to be handing out to the public at large in order to campaign for Ron Paul.

While I absolutely loved the video, we need something that is a little bit more rounded than just Fed-centered. A video that demonstrates how Ron Paul's platform of liberty is parallel to those ideas of freedom taught by the Founders, philosophical thinkers, Statesmen, economists, and Presidents, and how he's been remarkably consistent in his fight for liberty over the past 35 years.

You bring up a good point. Perhaps it could be done without mention of Ron because of people watch it and get interested and start googling than we all know whose name is going to pop up.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-16-2011, 06:53 PM
one and only bump

CaseyJones
02-17-2011, 08:43 AM
bump