PDA

View Full Version : 2012: We can get rid of Dick Lugar (R-IND)

itshappening
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Calling erowe1, we need to make overtures to Hostettler and run an aggressive and well financed campaign against Dick Lugar

How can we connect Hostettler and the Ron Paul community? this could be a viable proposition, to knock off the old man and put in a place a man who is very close to us

itshappening
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Hostettler would be an ally for Rand Paul

he can beat the old man in a primary

I'm convinced of it, if he has the resources and the organization.

we need to pick our battles and be selective.

Medina,Hostettler and Schiff would be good to get behind in 2012. These are known candidates to us with the right cred.

Unless someone emerges in winnable races like Nebraska but most of the professional pols are neocons and will dupe the Tea Party.

At least with these we know what we're getting

Melissa
02-15-2011, 11:48 AM
I dont think Hostettler will run he has said he is done with politics. The tea party groups here are looking at candidates and of course me and others are looking at all canddiates that enter this race

itshappening
02-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Hostettler is the only one with a record and the right cred

anyone else is going to be a wolf in sheeps clothing like Rubio

trust me.

we need to convince John to run

Melissa
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
He said he will never be in politics again and I do like John but he did vote for the Patriot Act first go around so not all the Paulers liked him when he ran for Senate last time. I really dont think he will run again

erowe1
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I doubt that Hostettler will run against Lugar in 2012. If he does I'll support him. But I don't think there's anything anyone can do to convince him to if he doesn't want to.

libertybrewcity
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
He would probably be the most well known candidate in the race that could be Lugar. I am sure the Tea Party groups are busy looking for a candidate to run against Lugar.

erowe1
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
He would probably be the most well known candidate in the race that could be Lugar. I am sure the Tea Party groups are busy looking for a candidate to run against Lugar.

Yeah, they are. I expect them to settle on someone who's less likely to rock the establishment's boat than Hostettler is. The Tea Party groups in Indiana don't like Lugar, but they're still pretty cozy with the GOP. If you twisted most of their arms and made them choose between Lugar and Hostettler, they'd probably divide up about 50-50.

itshappening
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
bump, lets draft John Hostettler !!!

oyarde
02-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Dick needs to go.

Brett85
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
He said he will never be in politics again and I do like John but he did vote for the Patriot Act first go around so not all the Paulers liked him when he ran for Senate last time. I really dont think he will run again

If he's a Republican who supports a non interventionist foreign policy that's good enough for me. I don't think that the Patriot Act should be used as a litmus test issue when a candidate is good on everything else.

eduardo89
02-20-2011, 01:10 AM
No candidate will be perfect in this race, but John sure as hell is as good as it'll get

Maximus
02-20-2011, 01:20 AM
If he's a Republican who supports a non interventionist foreign policy that's good enough for me. I don't think that the Patriot Act should be used as a litmus test issue when a candidate is good on everything else.

I'm willing to forgive people because of the emotion of those times. I remember thinking "how can anyone vote against the PATRIOT act?!" I just blindly supported it for 6 or 7 years without even realizing what the hell it was.