PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul coming up on America Newsroom Fox this morning

Mark37snj
02-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Ron Paul coming up on America Newsroom on Fox at 10:30 am eastern.

TXcarlosTX
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
thanks for the heads up

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Well I'm about to head to bed, so I expect tubes when I get up :p

Immortal Technique
02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlofgNuZZkI

Airing Date Feb.15, 2011

Ron Paul On Fox American News Room This Morning

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
They just announced that they are going to be talking about RP and his chances on Oreilly tonight.

TXcarlosTX
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
They just announced that they are going to be talking about RP and his chances on Oreilly tonight.

yeah. i saw that

specsaregood
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't suppose anybody has a working livestream?

Brett85
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM

I just hope they don't talk about Iran. Lol.

Immortal Technique
02-15-2011, 09:30 AM

yep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTJ-GhvH_o

Deborah K
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Oreilly put a 'Pinheads and Patriots' poll up last friday asking if what Trump said at CPAC about Ron Paul being unelectable was pinheaded or patriotic. Knowing OReilly bots the way I do, my guess is he'll come out as a patriot. (puke)

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Oreilly put a 'Pinheads and Patriots' poll up last friday asking if what Trump said at CPAC about Ron Paul being unelectable was pinheaded or patriotic. Knowing OReilly bots the way I do, my guess is he'll come out as a patriot. (puke)

He lost it by 10% - Trump is a pinhead.

thread and video about it here somewhere

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
I loved what Ron was hinting at, but he REALLY didn't go far enough.

You could see the deer in the headlights expression on the anchors face when he talked about it - really think he blew the guys mind...

Specifically, Ron is talking about less federal taxes and letting the states take over things like educational funding and building highways. ie: states raise their own taxes and take care of themselves.

Why I'm slightly pissed at Ron is that he's not talking about 2 things: a) The federal government "managing" such funds wastes tons of money that could go directly to the states where local folks that understand local needs could spend that money. and b) the states getting their money back ALWAYS comes with strings and mandates. Examples include national speed limits and no child left behind. They also generally come with unfunded mandates, like the stated having to raise and spend money on unemployment.

These NEED to be national campaign issues. Lowering federal taxes, letting the states control things and pay for their own projects.

If legislation was introduced so that, say whatever a taxpayer paid that went to education spending was reduced from the federal taxes and the feds said no more educational funds, but this much is how much we are no longer taking in for that. Then let the states raise state taxes that much and they would have MORE money, and freedom to do as they wished.

-t

Deborah K
02-15-2011, 10:00 AM
He lost it by 10% - Trump is a pinhead.

thread and video about it here somewhere

If that's accurate then I am truly impressed. The question was asked on Friday, however, so it won't come up until today's show. :confused:

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
video in first post.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279568-O-Reilly-Poll-Determines-Donald-Trump-A-Pinhead-Over-Ron-Paul-Comments

today is Tuesday.

Mark37snj
02-15-2011, 10:03 AM
It was on Mondays show, I made sure to watch it. Trump is a PINHEAD.

Immortal Technique
02-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Airing Date Feb.15, 2011

Deborah K
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
video in first post.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279568-O-Reilly-Poll-Determines-Donald-Trump-A-Pinhead-Over-Ron-Paul-Comments

today is Tuesday.

hehe, you're right. What a putz I am. :o

Chieppa1
02-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Did someone actually say "I'm pissed at Ron because...."? The man does more good in a day then all of us combined in a month. We are all individuals here, but damn. He's talking to airheads. Whenever he goes over their heads they attack him. He played it smart.

Inkblots
02-15-2011, 10:32 AM
I think that was one of the better responses to a question about earmarks I've seen Ron give. He fielded it in a clear and succinct way, and importantly he pointed out that eliminating earmarks doesn't actually reduce spending - the funds have already been appropriated, and it's just an issue of whether the legislature or the executive determines where to disburse them.

Cdn_for_liberty
02-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Hemmer looked confused

specsaregood
02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
They have totally altered the crowd reaction, amplifying boos and decreasing the cheers.

TheTyke
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
What the HECK!??! That is footage from 2010 I think, with the boos at the announcement... it was NOTHING like that this time.

Edit: Appears specs is right...

Ninja Homer
02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
They have totally altered the crowd reaction, amplifying boos and decreasing the cheers.

That's my first reaction. When I watched it live you really couldn't hear much booing over the cheers. Could it just be microphone placement?

hazek
02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
The usually hit piece. Didn't expect anything better.

specsaregood
02-15-2011, 10:52 AM
That's my first reaction. When I watched it live you really couldn't hear much booing over the cheers. Could it just be microphone placement?

I had thought of that, if they put the microphone specifically next to a group that booed. But, that wouldn't make sense since they were also getting the person speaking on stage. Unless they sampled both, then later spliced in the boo recording over top.

TheTyke
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I know someone who got his own recording on MP3 player... will try to check how that sounds.

Sola_Fide
02-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Airing Date Feb.15, 2011

I thought that was a great interview!

Ninja Homer
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
It must have been last year's CPAC announcement. He's not even dressed the same!

The one they played, announcement at 0:35

This year's CPAC on C-SPAN, announcement at 8:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nkTxtRVRU

Baptist
Fox used 2010 footage or messed with sound to amplify boos and drowned out applause. Somebody who is good at videos make a video comparing Fox's altered video with the real video, and add this to the media bias archive.

tangent4ronpaul

Call them on the tactic with a side by side comparison YouTube.

-t

specsaregood
02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
It must have been last year's CPAC announcement. He's not even dressed the same!

I had considered that as well, but didn't think they would be that ballsy, thanks for confirming.

Sola_Fide
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Wow. If that is last years cpac, we should spam-bomb the hell out of fox news for doing that.

hazek
02-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I thought that was a great interview!

You're delusional. It was terrible. Fake footage, amplified boos, Trumps irrelevant comment on his viability and to top it off insinuations that Ron is being a hypocrite for supporting earmarks.

Horrible horrible hit piece.

specsaregood
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow. If that is last years cpac, we should spam-bomb the hell out of fox news for doing that.

Nope, it isn't.
http://video.cpac.org/video/show/straw-poll-results-2010

Keene announced last year.

Ninja Homer
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I had considered that as well, but didn't think they would be that ballsy, thanks for confirming.

Plausible deniability... if called out on it, they just say "oops, wrong footage". A lot less damaging than if they were caught actually altering the footage.

TheTyke
02-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Still worth calling them out.... they bloody asked why there were so many boos!

Ninja Homer
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Nope, it isn't.
http://video.cpac.org/video/show/straw-poll-results-2010

Keene announced last year.

It is, here's last year's announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-S3pVMn7zc

FreedomRings
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
They did reuse the 2010 footage. In their defense, this year's announcement was much more drawn out (60+ seconds vs. last year's 25 seconds) and thus much less suitable for a quick soundbite:

"The winner of the straw poll this year, Congressman... [45 seconds of applause] Okay... Congressman, Congressman Ron Paul gets 30 percent......"

civusamericanus
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Still worth calling them out.... they bloody asked why there were so many boos!
It really is ridiculous at what lengths the media is willing to go to stop Ron Paul. But of course, they will do anything to stop , a Ron Paul presidency. He is the only one who would have all of our troops home in months not years or decades, and of course the big one is the auditing the FED. As my dad said to me yesterday, I like Ron Paul, he's right on everything, but the establishment won't let someone who tells the truth, get elected.

Michael Landon
02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
It really is ridiculous at what lengths the media is willing to go to stop Ron Paul. But of course, they will do anything to stop , a Ron Paul presidency. He is the only one who would have all of our troops home in months not years or decades, and of course the big one is the auditing the FED. As my dad said to me yesterday, I like Ron Paul, he's right on everything, but the establishment won't let someone who tells the truth, get elected.

I guess the question becomes, "when do we overthrow the establishment?"

- ML

low preference guy
02-15-2011, 12:36 PM

They are ballsy enough to exclude him from a debate and to run a poll without his name to talk about it instead of the straw poll results. I'm not surprised.

coastie
02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
They are ballsy enough to exclude him from a debate and to run a poll without his name to talk about it instead of the straw poll results. I'm not surprised.

Mentioned in the other thread, can anyone get this up to the Paul's? It's time to address this shit straight up and make these FoxNews assclowns look like the idiots they are.

They could've easily edited a few seconds here and there to shorten the longer announcement this year. Fuck, I took a break from this place cause my blood pressure was seriously starting to get high, and now this, lol. But, I was watching that piece live this morning and would've never known had it not been for here.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Carol is on MySpace and replies - friend her.

specsaregood
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Well this thread totally paid off. We just tripled our bang for our bucks from the CPAC win. Thanks foxnews -- for being corrupt dirty assholes!

QueenB4Liberty
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I guess the question becomes, "when do we overthrow the establishment?"

- ML

Good question! :D