PDA

View Full Version : The large-capacity clips should only be for our police officers and our military.

aGameOfThrones
02-15-2011, 04:59 AM
NY lawmaker touched by gun violence presses on

That shooting on a Long Island Rail Road train in 1993 inspired Carolyn McCarthy, who lost her husband and saw her son paralyzed, to run for Congress. And the more recent shooting at an Arizona shopping center with which it shares eerie similarities has thrust her back into the spotlight as she seeks to outlaw the high-capacity magazines believed to have helped both gunmen.

McCarthy has been doing this for so long that she answers the Second Amendment question on gun ownership before it is asked.

"Many people are saying, 'Oh, you're taking away our rights to own a gun,'" McCarthy said. "This has nothing to do with taking away the right of someone owning a gun. The Supreme Court already came out and said everybody has a right to own a gun. The large-capacity clips, though, should only be for our police officers and our military."

Though McCarthy has expanded her portfolio to topics beyond gun control, including health care and family issues, the time after the Tucson shooting was ripe for returning to her roots.

McCarthy's bill, introduced shortly after the Tucson shooting, would limit ammo clips to 10 rounds. King is sponsoring a companion bill that would ban people from carrying handguns within 1,000 feet of the president, members of Congress or federal judges. Some conservatives have advocated carrying guns to political rallies, and a federal judge was killed in the Tucson shooting.

In a tough year for Democrats nationwide, McCarthy won a 7-point victory for her eighth term. She insists she loves her job and won't even bring up the R-word — retirement. But because New York is expected to lose two House seats in upcoming redistricting, some have speculated that McCarthy's could be vulnerable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110215/ap_on_re_us/us_ny_congresswoman_gun_control

Koz
02-15-2011, 08:20 AM
She's an idiot. I need large capacity clips for coyote hunting and anything else I want to use them for.

SWATH
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't even know of any clips that hold more than 10rds. In fact I don't think that there is a clip that does.

pcosmar
02-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Office Depot® Brand Large Clip Dispenser
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/199784_sk_lg.jpg

Chef Craft Large Clip with Rubber Tips
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/fXhA_4WMU-VnSDYpB6ze8ViOhA6huYnLcG7rkYctS9FMtR0Hm8NfjZrhQ1JT ENVn0lPFayFM5B9aTvLh89ur6MUKiSQC9_xqxw4JG4qJxGB6Dx luPeVTnVXnpXtBlP8JusVBzwVtL3kzGK9eKZaZuwfcP4cAbdJj QxaLppYvLWgWkAKGSVz5lExP_xA

Crown Products Extra Large Clip
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/yY3EmPJSfiO5kgBfqD54GS23N_zhao3wfHQc4QYfNC0cQG5K-RqAstr63FUHBAJ4S6uP1tRX2GomhUF0Iy6-kRNE1q8AOXZQ0pXA7wsPrWL0YTrx67WneABohhi_R7JwuRNtIH zFjoeLEOmsw45p

What's wrong with Large clips?

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I have no problem with them banning Large Capacity Clips. I rarely use them as the weapons I use need Large Capacity MAGAZINES.

Krugerrand
02-15-2011, 09:43 AM
It's sad that she thinks it necessary for our police to shoot lots of people at one time.

erowe1
02-15-2011, 09:43 AM
We need to adopt a rhetorical strategy that harps on the idea that we shouldn't be a nation that has an army, but rather a nation that is an army.

Freedom 4 all
02-15-2011, 09:48 AM
It's sad that she thinks it necessary for our police to shoot lots of people at one time.

That's the part I find disturbing. If hunters (who actually may want to shoot multiple animals at once) can't have them, why in the hell do cops need them?

pcosmar
02-15-2011, 09:51 AM
That's the part I find disturbing. If hunters (who actually may want to shoot multiple animals at once) can't have them, why in the hell do cops need them?

Some people have a lot of dogs?
or perhaps intimidating a large number of unarmed protesters.

Krugerrand
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Except for a swat team - not that they are needed either - I would think a cop should really never need more than 3 bullets.

ihsv
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Simple, so they can shoot multiple animals at once, too.

First commandment of statism: The state shall not be limited in its power.
Second commandment of statism: The cattle shall be perpetually limited in power, freedom, influence, and ability.

ihsv
02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
"Many people are saying, 'Oh, you're taking away our rights to own a gun,'" McCarthy said. "This has nothing to do with taking away the right of someone owning a gun. The Supreme Court already came out and said everybody has a right to own a gun. The large-capacity clips, though, should only be for our police officers and our military."

This may sound good to some of the cattle out there, until the day they realize that when she says "OUR" military and police, she's talking about the state's ownership of those bodies, not the idea that those organizations somehow belong to the "people" and serve the people's interests.

Pericles
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
This may sound good to some of the cattle out there, until the day they realize that when she says "OUR" military and police, she's talking about the state's ownership of those bodies, not the idea that those organizations somehow belong to the "people" and serve the people's interests.

Anytime someone advocates one set of rules for part of society and a different set of rules for another part of society, I have identified a tyrant.

Philhelm
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Simple solution to the proposed legislation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5A0H6PkqE

virgil47
02-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Perhaps someone shoild tell her we need them BECAUSE of the police and military!

VBRonPaulFan
02-15-2011, 01:00 PM

You seriously have no idea why? You know what kind of a shot most cops are?... lol

Dr.3D
02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Office Depot® Brand Large Clip Dispenser
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/199784_sk_lg.jpg

Chef Craft Large Clip with Rubber Tips
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/fXhA_4WMU-VnSDYpB6ze8ViOhA6huYnLcG7rkYctS9FMtR0Hm8NfjZrhQ1JT ENVn0lPFayFM5B9aTvLh89ur6MUKiSQC9_xqxw4JG4qJxGB6Dx luPeVTnVXnpXtBlP8JusVBzwVtL3kzGK9eKZaZuwfcP4cAbdJj QxaLppYvLWgWkAKGSVz5lExP_xA

Crown Products Extra Large Clip
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/yY3EmPJSfiO5kgBfqD54GS23N_zhao3wfHQc4QYfNC0cQG5K-RqAstr63FUHBAJ4S6uP1tRX2GomhUF0Iy6-kRNE1q8AOXZQ0pXA7wsPrWL0YTrx67WneABohhi_R7JwuRNtIH zFjoeLEOmsw45p

What's wrong with Large clips?

I suppose you can buy those at a clip joint? Would that be a barber shop?
:D

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM

THAT is what we ought to turn back on her when this shit comes up.

'Madame, why is it you feel that the police and military should be able to kill so many people at one time?'

Stary Hickory
02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Exactly why do we want our police officers to have the ability to spray us with bullets? LOL WTF really?

Freedom 4 all
02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Perhaps someone shoild tell her we need them BECAUSE of the police and military!

That's the thing. I would be far less resitant to the idea of gun control if they limited the state's guns too. Otherwise they're just facilitating genocide. Might not be today, might not be tomorrow, but it's the inevitable result of a heavily armed group of people coexisting with an unarmed group of people.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Hay - let um spray us with "large capacity clips" while we are forced to use well aimed single shots.... :rolleyes: who do you think is going to win?

Look at the original intent of the 2nd amendment - this is clearly unconstitutional!

-t

ihsv
02-15-2011, 02:45 PM
this is clearly unconstitutional!

Since when has that been a problem? :)

Stary Hickory
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Since when has that been a problem? :)

It becomes a problem when we make it a problem....and it is about time we did. Seriously I grow tired of the government and it's arrogance. It is such a joke right now. Anyways this has zero chance of getting past the house with all the GOP there, they are at least consistent in support gun rights. There is that,

Grubb556
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Let's not mention the fact that most pistols use magazines and not clips .......... :)

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Let's not mention the fact that most pistols use magazines and not clips .......... :)

Well that and that .22 bolt action rifles are not "assault rifles" / AK47's, and that you can't make plastic explosives out of Windex... but then some people rely on their education on the TV show "Law and Order"..... :rolleyes:

-t

Tonewah
02-15-2011, 03:14 PM
She sounds like someone who feels she should have all the weapons at her disposal to make you do what she wants you to do without the fear of you actually standing up for yourself.

Dr.3D
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Well that and that .22 bolt action rifles are not "assault rifles" / AK47's, and that you can't make plastic explosives out of Windex... but then some people rely on their education on the TV show "Law and Order"..... :rolleyes:

-t

If someone used a .22 bolt action rifle to assault another person, perhaps they could call it an assault rifle.
:D

coastie
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
So we can't have over 10 rounds, and so that = they need more than 10 rds??? SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

FUCK, that's twice today being on here almost having a fucking stroke from acute exposure to utter stupidity.

Note to self: Avoid all of AF's posts today, or take aspirin before you do.

AFPVet
02-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't even know of any clips that hold more than 10rds. In fact I don't think that there is a clip that does.

I've never seen one.... The Garand held 8.

TruckinMike
02-15-2011, 10:02 PM

Thank you virgil47!

bunklocoempire
02-15-2011, 11:49 PM
We need to adopt a rhetorical strategy that harps on the idea that we shouldn't be a nation that has an army, but rather a nation that is an army.

Yep.

Here's one:

Given a choice to defend your neighborhood against invasion,

would you opt for a howitzer with an extremely expensive “fulltime” crew of 6 located 700 miles away (standing army),

or,

a howitzer with a crew of 36 “part-timers” 1 mile away at a fraction of the expense (militia)?

Bunkloco