PDA

View Full Version : Last time, a blimp. This time, a jet!!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-15-2011, 04:57 AM
----this is important----

Ron Paul sounds like he is all in for the Presidential run.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WITHOUT A CHARTERED JET AIRCRAFT!!!!

Why? Because of all the destinations for media ops and speaking engagements. Over the course of a presidential run a chartered jet can save 100's and 100's of hours. These hours can be spent talking with people and shaking hands rather than waiting to arrive at your next location.

If we can buy a blimp, we can buy a jet.

This man has spent the last 40 years being fiscally responsible not only with your money, but with his own. If he asks for a jet, we give him one! GOT IT!? :mad:

Get to work!!!

https://donation.libertypac.com/

rp08orbust
02-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Would it also keep the T&A's slimy hands off the Good Doctor?

amy31416
02-15-2011, 05:34 AM
----this is important----

Ron Paul sounds like he is all in for the Presidential run.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WITHOUT A CHARTERED JET AIRCRAFT!!!!

Why? Because of all the destinations for media ops and speaking engagements. Over the course of a presidential run a chartered jet can save 100's and 100's of hours. These hours can be spent talking with people and shaking hands rather than waiting to arrive at your next location.

If we can buy a blimp, we can buy a jet.

This man has spent the last 40 years being fiscally responsible not only with your money, but with his own. If he asks for a jet, we give him one! GOT IT!? :mad:

Get to work!!!

https://donation.libertypac.com/

I support the potential funding of a chartered aircraft for RP to help get the message out--but your wording is a complete turn-off. So no, I don't "GOT IT!" Try not to make this a potential enormous argument/split in the grassroots, like the blimp funding was.

Always remember your audience, we don't take kindly to the pushy bidness. Perhaps a better method would be to show exactly how this benefits us (in a technical sense), then show how much you've donated, eh?

lynnf
02-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Would it also keep the T&A's slimy hands off the Good Doctor?

definitely, for now.

lynn

hazek
02-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Can't they just rent a jet?

pacelli
02-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Lets get one thing straight. I'm not funding a blimp this time. Or any other half-cocked publicity stunt or race car scam. I'll be glad to chip in $10 to the official campaign if he asks for help renting a jet. Then again, with all the money that CFL has begged for over the past 2 years with their various emergency emails, I might wait until it is obvious that Paul is interested in winning. If he wins Iowa, I'll donate $10 for a jet. Got it?

Yieu
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM
If he wins Iowa, I'll donate $10 for a jet. Got it?

I think he needs it to get there in the first place, which takes place before winning the state. :p

But I understand what you mean. Last time it could have been handled better, but there's a lot more enthusiasm and support building up. I think we'll go further than we think we can, this time around.

Danke
02-15-2011, 07:43 AM
I support the potential funding of a chartered aircraft for RP to help get the message out--but your wording is a complete turn-off. So no, I don't "GOT IT!" Try not to make this a potential enormous argument/split in the grassroots, like the blimp funding was.

Always remember your audience, we don't take kindly to the pushy bidness. Perhaps a better method would be to show exactly how this benefits us (in a technical sense), then show how much you've donated, eh?

I'll fly it if Amy is the Stewardess.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Private jet aircraft range from $1M - $17M used. That's before operation costs (expensive).

A turboprop is in the $1M - $2M range used and safer. You don't fall out of the sky if an engine fails.

Total budget for the blimp was $1M

Chartered is going to be in the range of of $1,000 - $5,000 hr. It adds up fast!

-t

ps: don't forget costs of A&P, FAA inspections, pilot, hanger and fuel.

Yieu
02-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Private jet aircraft range from $1M - $17M used. That's before operation costs (expensive).

A turboprop is in the $1M - $2M range used and safer. You don't fall out of the sky if an engine fails.

Chartered is going to be in the range of of $1,000 - $5,000 hr. It adds up fast!

-t

It's a tall order, but we've done it before. The money bomb on Presidents day hopefully will help a lot with it. I hope they put up a ticker before then, because that encourages more than one donation during a money bomb.

Keep in mind that previous donations to C4L will not be going towards this. It will all be coming from libertypac.

ItsTime
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Good god......

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
You can get a 2 seat MIG-21 for $95,000

http://www.controller.com/list/list.aspx?OHID=1084742&Manu=MIKOYAN&Mdltxt=MIG%2021%20UM&MdlX=Contains&notfound=1

-t

messana
02-15-2011, 08:36 AM
We're better off with a million signs than one blimp that only 10 people will manage to see.

Yieu
02-15-2011, 08:37 AM
You can get a 2 seat MIG-21 for $95,000

http://www.controller.com/list/list.aspx?OHID=1084742&Manu=MIKOYAN&Mdltxt=MIG%2021%20UM&MdlX=Contains&notfound=1

-t

I am sure he will need some staffers.

fisharmor
02-15-2011, 08:47 AM
He's not going to ask for a jet, because for the price of a jet you can get a couple tour buses, and the overhead on them is a fraction of what a jet requires.
All it takes is some better planning, and you get to stop wherever you want along the way.
It takes less than two days to drive from one end of CONUS to the other.
Jets are just not economical.

sailingaway
02-15-2011, 08:47 AM

-t

You don't want to BUY a jet, I'm pretty sure even Obama didn't do that. You charter it and have a logo put on it (or not. Obama's logo was a laughingstock...) Then there are different types of charters and you can get the kind with pretty much all included or not, but look at safety.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 08:50 AM
staffer time is cheap and available. Send um out coach before hand.

mainly saying, we need to look for less expensive options.

There is such a thing as a time share on an aircraft. Might cut a deal with a private pilot to cover monthly payments in such an arrangement as well as fuel in exchange for piloting it. They get their aircraft partially paid off and flight hours.

Look at alternatives.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
He's not going to ask for a jet, because for the price of a jet you can get a couple tour buses, and the overhead on them is a fraction of what a jet requires.
All it takes is some better planning, and you get to stop wherever you want along the way.
It takes less than two days to drive from one end of CONUS to the other.
Jets are just not economical.

What the issue is is that he's got a day job that requires him to be in DC at certain times. Other candidates are not so limited.

-t

hazek
02-15-2011, 09:03 AM
BTW in the year 2011, don't we have better solutions for people to visit places and give speeches then actually going there? I mean nothing beats Ron actually being there but if we can't afford it why not try to do online stuff, stream his speeches and what not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOxW19vsTg

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
BTW in the year 2011, don't we have better solutions for people to visit places and give speeches then actually going there? I mean nothing beats Ron actually being there but if we can't afford it why not try to do online stuff, stream his speeches and what not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOxW19vsTg

That's kind of cool, and similar to what I was thinking. Brought this up re: Rand's campaign, but all the news outlets, C-SPAN and especially NASA briefings use remote interviews. In NASA's case in particular, they go out to schools, set up a big screen TV or projection screen and are INTERACTIVE! That is, people in various audiences (generally students and reporters) ask questions and they are answered in real time. This would need some high bandwidth arrangements and field teams.

Things like hand shaking and personalized book signings are lost, but what is gained is the ability to cover more ground and less wear and tear on the candidate.

-t

sailingaway
02-15-2011, 09:21 AM
staffer time is cheap and available. Send um out coach before hand.

mainly saying, we need to look for less expensive options.

There is such a thing as a time share on an aircraft. Might cut a deal with a private pilot to cover monthly payments in such an arrangement as well as fuel in exchange for piloting it. They get their aircraft partially paid off and flight hours.

Look at alternatives.

-t

It is usually billed by engine hours, plus staff, plus costs, roughly. A plane has to be completely retooled every x miles of flight time and you apportion the retooling cost across the engine hours with a mark up.

It is both expensive AND time consuming to set up, which is not to say whether we should do it. It might end up less expensive than multiple flights, or not. But looking into it will take enough time that we first need to fund the money bomb on President's day for LibertyPac to give Ron initial travel, press relations and pin money.

sailingaway
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
It is usually billed by engine hours, plus staff, plus costs, roughly. A plane has to be completely retooled every x miles of flight time and you apportion the retooling cost across the engine hours with a mark up.

It is both expensive AND time consuming to set up, which is not to say whether we should do it. It might end up less expensive than multiple flights, or not. But looking into it will take enough time that we first need to fund the money bomb on President's day for LibertyPac to give Ron initial travel, press relations and pin money.

And one thing we have to consider is, do we violate 'coordination' rules of any kind (campaign finance) if he rides in this thing? The blimp he didn't have to be involved with in any way. And if he was going to fly in it he'd at least have to be satisfied as to reliability etc. I don't know if we could get around that by coordinating with someone he would simply trust, such as Rand.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
re: hologram things - virtual presence and remote presence are key phrases.

There look to be some commercial products out there, take a gander here, for instance for links:

http://singularityhub.com/tag/teleconference/

It would probably be a lot less expensive to build a system from scratch.

-t

civusamericanus
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Ron Paul needs to get to Iowa in less than 20 days, there he will visit 3 cities, this is why he needs a jet. It's a physical attendance, hologram won't work, anyone serious must be there. Phawlenty went there and gave the lecture last week.

Let's get Ron to Iowa!

TruckinMike
02-15-2011, 09:53 AM
We're better off with a million signs than one blimp that only 10 people will manage to see.

+1000

"Hang Ten" signs for Ron Paul
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8345/ronpaulwagon3.gif

Back on topic ....But he does need to get to the events as early as possible. He could easily charter a king-air or similar for a whole lot less than buying one(includes pilot).

Used King Air $595,000 to 1.3 million
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWE2l0aCWpxmFvdGvO3DconiOFZxi4 _ES1RCpLC75PAkdqPSlNw

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Ron Paul needs to get to Iowa in less than 20 days, there he will visit 3 cities, this is why he needs a jet. It's a physical attendance, hologram won't work, anyone serious must be there. Phawlenty went there and gave the lecture last week.

Let's get Ron to Iowa!

Agree about the first few states, but think later. Candidates that had more time blew off entire states. We don't have to do that if it can be done virtually.

You can also be more places at once. Candidates visit population centers. Imagine a virtual presence someplace a candidate has never set foot, and as part of a larger event taking questions from podunk, yourstate pop 150...

-t

TheTyke
02-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about finding & buying him a plane... more like donate a few million to LibertyPAC so he can afford to campaign hard in a few states over the next month or two, and they will work it out... :)

sailingaway
02-15-2011, 10:38 AM

Let's get Ron to Iowa!

Of course he has to be there!

nobody's_hero
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Is there no supporter of liberty who pilots aircraft? Maybe we could get that pilot who pissed in the TSA's cheerios to give Ron Paul a lift.

Matt Collins
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes, he needs a plane. But just donate and once he can justify it, they'll get one.

Liberty_Mike
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Lets get one thing straight. I'm not funding a blimp this time. Or any other half-cocked publicity stunt or race car scam.

Well said man, I completely agree! However, this is for a private jet for Ron Paul so he can travel across Iowa and campaign. This isn't a stupid publicity stunt like the blimp in '08. I threw a little bit of money to Ron Paul's Liberty PAC for the jet, but I will not donate to any other organizations that claim to be involved with the campaign but aren't the actual campaign itself. C4L, YAL, RP Blimp, etc., you will not get my money, got it?? But Ron Paul's official PAC will.

ItsTime
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Ron Paul does not need a jet he needs a hot air balloon. Someone contact Lyman to set this up.

tangent4ronpaul
02-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Ron Paul does not need a jet he needs a hot air balloon. Someone contact Lyman to set this up.

Steering, dude! Steering!

He'd probably end up in Raleigh NC!

-t