PDA

View Full Version : RP speaking at the Washington Monument on 11/31/07? - Satire aka Fake

mavtek
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
How did I not hear about that? Can we make this a huge rallying point?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=7169C0C2-D529-4B93-B83A-8C9ECEB455D5

Admin edit: November 31st is not on the calendar. Spoof Article.

devil21
10-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Where is RP's speech on the grounds of Monument? Please post a real link. WTF does Islamopobo (sic) have to do with this?

MODS GET TOUGH! WE NEED MANY MORE MODS ON THIS SITE NOW!

mavtek
10-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Why do we need more mods? I found the article and was trying to figure out if it's true or not.

austin356
10-23-2007, 12:57 AM
He should not be attending this.

Front page headline:

Ron Paul, Cindy Sheehan Blast America

Even conservatives against the war dont like Cindy and any of the other people it says will be there.

mavtek
10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't really have a problem with Cindy Sheehan, after all I have no idea how I'd feel if I lost my child in a bullshit lie of a war. Anyway if he is we need to turn this into an RP love fest for the media to see!

Zydeco
10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
November 31st, eh?

Channing
10-23-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't think he will be, because I seriously doubt that date is correct.

mavtek
10-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Damn why are there so many damn BS articles on the internet..............

Bradley in DC
10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I think the Paul campaign would be smart enough NOT to appear with Cindy and friends until AFTER he has the Republican nomination. ;)

DaronWestbrooke
10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
There is nothing wrong with Cindy Sheehan. She has been demonized by the neocons, but she is a great warrior for peace.

vauge
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I think the Paul campaign would be smart enough NOT to appear with Cindy and friends until AFTER he has the Republican nomination. ;)

I hope you are correct. That woman is nuts and it would lose many supporters.

Pauliana
10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Check your calendar. There is no November 31. It's a spoof.

kylejack
10-23-2007, 09:13 AM
He was spotted speaking to her in Fort Worth after the Straw Poll.

RevolutionSD
10-23-2007, 09:21 AM
There is nothing wrong with Cindy Sheehan. She has been demonized by the neocons, but she is a great warrior for peace.

Agreed.
She has come conflicting beliefs with us, like wanting universal healthcare, but lets realize we are on the same side of getting out of Iraq and bringing down the elites' rule.

Primbs
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Ron Paul shouldn't be at this event. Rush Limbaugh and all the other radio hosts will crucify Ron Paul. Think about it. His speech will be played next to Cindy over and over again on the radio. This will make Ron loose the Republican primary.

Rush made it his mission to take out John McCain in 2000 and he did a very good job of it. Rush painted McCain into a crazy character on his radio show day after day.

There would be no way the Ron Paul campaign could drown out the message. Ron Paul wouldn't be able to buy enough radio air time to get his message out.

synthetic
10-23-2007, 10:19 AM
It always amazes me that people are still so intent on bending to the whim of neocon talk show hosts and tv programs. Sheehan is agianst the Iraq war. Paul is agaisnt the Iraq war. Neither of these facts are a secert. The cat is out of the bag. Why should he not be seen talking with her?

kylejack
10-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Ron Paul shouldn't be at this event. Rush Limbaugh and all the other radio hosts will crucify Ron Paul. Think about it. His speech will be played next to Cindy over and over again on the radio. This will make Ron loose the Republican primary.
This was SATIRE, NOT REAL, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, NO SUCH DATE AS NOVEMBER 31ST.

Christ.

Primbs
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Many voters in the republican party are likely to pay attention only to anti war conservatives. Ron Paul argues against the war from a different perspective than Sheehan does.

Ron Paul makes more sense that Cindy does. Plus she is politically radioactive in Republican circles which are the voters Ron Paul has to convince.

It would be better to hang out with Pat Buchanan who was against the war and get his followers who will vote in the republican primary.

There were a number of high level republicans against the war who kept quiet. We should cultivate those people first.