02-14-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POcmtaJGGc8

Kregisen
02-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I cannot stand that accent....

Vessol
02-14-2011, 11:40 PM

Whattt? I love Jack Hunter's accent. Jack Hunter is a really cool guy too, I talked with him a few times in the lobby.

JoshLowry
02-14-2011, 11:44 PM

I can almost guarantee that you are in a small minority. ;)

Jack's speech was awesome in the Maryland Ballroom. Sounds like he has a cold in this particular video...

devil21
02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
And he hits the nail on the head as usual! I wish there was a way to get Jack a wider audience.

Bman
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
And he hits the nail on the head as usual! I wish there was a way to get Jack a wider audience.

Tell me about it. It's hard turning people on to someone new in my opinion. I don't know how you break someone in to the big time, but I'd certainly like to see Jack there.

BrendenR
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Tell me about it. It's hard turning people on to someone new in my opinion. I don't know how you break someone in to the big time, but I'd certainly like to see Jack there.

Start getting him on with the Judge?

Valli6
02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I initially felt that way too - something about his speech pattern annoyed the hell out of me. (to my northern ears, he sounds kind of school-teachery) But after seeing/hearing a few dozen of JH's videos, the distinctive voice has become linked to the accuracy of the message. I see Jack Hunter playing an expanding role in upcoming events - and I predict a rash of late-night comedians impersonating him (for good or ill).

Sola_Fide
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Man, how do we get Jack Hunter on Fox and Friends?

:)

Mark37snj
02-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Ok, so lets do it.

“The Southern Avenger” Jack Hunter is a conservative talk radio host and columnist living in Charleston, South Carolina. Jack is a popular personality at Charleston’s WTMA 1250 AM talk radio, a weekly columnist for the Charleston City Paper, a regular contributor to The American Conservative and is known all over the web for his thought provoking and popular You Tube video commentaries.

So how does one increase the exposure of a:
1) Conservative talk radio show host
2) A weekly columnist for a local paper
3) Posts You Tube video commentaries

One thought that comes to mind is to visit as many political forums, online news sites, etc and post links to his youtube videos and websites. How often does someone click links to see what that person is talking about. I know I do alot and I prefer a video over something that I have to read.

Since he posts a weekly column for a newspaper what about getting it reprinted in college newpapers, websites, etc.

I remember when our meetup group had a table at a sporting jamboree. If one can get it all together, it would be nice to have a tv/monitor with his You Tube vids on it so people could see for themsleves and it would attract attention just by having it. People would want to see what its about and stop by to check it out. I don't know about you but it didn't take alot of listening to Paul to get hooked. Hunter's vids seem to be short, to the point, and interesting enough to want to finish watching it. Its also third party and not a blatent political commercial sponsered by the canidate.

Mark37snj
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
This thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?259611-Ideas-for-winning-the-Ames-strawpoll

They talked about how to win the Ames strawpoll in Iowa. One strategy was organizing the college campuses. We should include getting Hunter's column reprinted in their paper and posting flyers of his column. Some have their own radio station. Rebroadcast Hunter's broadcasts. Some schools have their own tv channel. Can we get his You Tube vids broadcast on them? And if they have their own webpage they can post everything.

Matt Collins
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Sounds like he has a cold in this particular video...I think many of us were hoarse after the weekend.

The Dark Knight
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Jack Hunter does with a great job with those videos he puts together. Does he do Podcasts?

libertygrl
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Anyone know if there is a transcript available for reprint?

Valli6
02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Anyone know if there is a transcript available for reprint?
Transcript below video here:
http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2011/02/15/conservatives-hijack-cpac/

bwlibertyman
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I like southern accents, especially with cute girls. There's nothing hotter than a southern accent coming from a cute girl. Jack is spot on as usual. I do think I'm going to send an email to my university paper and see if they'll print his column.

georgiaboy
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
hehe - Conservatives Hijack CPAC. funny.

devil21
02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Ok, so lets do it.

“The Southern Avenger” Jack Hunter is a conservative talk radio host and columnist living in Charleston, South Carolina. Jack is a popular personality at Charleston’s WTMA 1250 AM talk radio, a weekly columnist for the Charleston City Paper, a regular contributor to The American Conservative and is known all over the web for his thought provoking and popular You Tube video commentaries.

So how does one increase the exposure of a:
1) Conservative talk radio show host
2) A weekly columnist for a local paper
3) Posts You Tube video commentaries

One thought that comes to mind is to visit as many political forums, online news sites, etc and post links to his youtube videos and websites. How often does someone click links to see what that person is talking about. I know I do alot and I prefer a video over something that I have to read.

Since he posts a weekly column for a newspaper what about getting it reprinted in college newpapers, websites, etc.

I remember when our meetup group had a table at a sporting jamboree. If one can get it all together, it would be nice to have a tv/monitor with his You Tube vids on it so people could see for themsleves and it would attract attention just by having it. People would want to see what its about and stop by to check it out. I don't know about you but it didn't take alot of listening to Paul to get hooked. Hunter's vids seem to be short, to the point, and interesting enough to want to finish watching it. Its also third party and not a blatent political commercial sponsered by the canidate.

Im down for reposting the videos elsewhere. He really just needs wider exposure because he puts the concept behind our movement into easily understood words and images.

Matt Collins
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Does he do Podcasts?I have banged my head against the wall for the better part of a year to attempt to get him to do this.

Mark37snj
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Im down for reposting the videos elsewhere. He really just needs wider exposure because he puts the concept behind our movement into easily understood words and images.

Does anyone know if this forum has a list of highly traveled/popular/influential political websites/forums/blogs/etc?

After we get a list then I think we need a short list of videos that are catagorized so we can properly respond to the topic with the right video. Would make no sense to list a video on monetary policy when the topic is civil liberties.