PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Wants It's Own Currency Moxnews has the CNN video

Patriotxi
02-14-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1y8np81FA

raystone
02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice

Patriotxi
02-15-2011, 03:29 AM
bump

justinc.1089
02-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Wow, I'm impressed with whoever is advocating this. I live in South Carolina. I'm about to watch that video, hopefully it has some good information about this in it.

Patriotxi
02-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow, I'm impressed with whoever is advocating this. I live in South Carolina. I'm about to watch that video, hopefully it has some good information about this in it.

Sen. Lee Bright, Rep Mike Pitts

matt0611
02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Isn't it unconstitutional for SC to make it own currency? Unless it just starts to use gold and silver coins I think.

Legend1104
02-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Isn't it unconstitutional for SC to make it own currency? Unless it just starts to use gold and silver coins I think.

Article 1 Section 10 says that they cannot coin money or emit bills of credit so I think your right. I don't see how they could get around this. Although, I would like to know how the federal government makes the argument about the next section. It says, "...make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." How can states use paper dollars to pay off debts if they are only allowed to use gold or silver coin?

JohnEngland
02-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Good idea. Look at the United States of Europe for an example of a centralised currency gone wrong.

The idea works as long as you have responsible people in charge. But when you don't... time to decentralise! Furthermore, I'm sure responsible states won't want to be bailing out failed states like Greece California.

Chieppa1
02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
There goes South Carolina, taking up the fight once again. Always starting shit. Love it.

matt0611
02-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Article 1 Section 10 says that they cannot coin money or emit bills of credit so I think your right. I don't see how they could get around this. Although, I would like to know how the federal government makes the argument about the next section. It says, "...make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." How can states use paper dollars to pay off debts if they are only allowed to use gold or silver coin?

Well I think SC should just let gold and silver eagles circulate as money.

I think the federal government probably just claims that the states are not actually making something OTHER than gold and silver a payment of debts, its the federal government telling them to do it.

Stary Hickory
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Well I refuse to let the Government attempt to use the Constitution as a prison to keep states from protecting it's citizenry while the Federal government openly breaks laws and is an unlawful body in itself.

In short the US government is becoming a joke, it has bankrupted and spent the entirety of a nations retirement savings....really do they have much to say anymore....are they worth listening to? We refuse to be trapped in this monetery scam the government has cooked up...and that is all there is to it. What the government is doing is wrong, evil, immoral and unconstitutional.

I support sound money in the states as a way to protect people from what they federal government has become...the more people become aware that the federal government is a freakin joke the better off we will all be.