PDA

View Full Version : Birther debate alive across U.S. - Politico

lynnf
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49444.html

The opening of 2011 state legislative sessions has been accompanied by a spate of birther-related bills, the clearest indication yet that the controversy surrounding President Barack Obama’s place of birth will continue to simmer throughout his reelection campaign.

lynnf
02-17-2011, 04:07 AM
bump

Doug8796
02-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Being pro-birther is a death wish for a Ron Paul candidacy

DELETE THIS

lynnf
02-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Being pro-birther is a death wish for a Ron Paul candidacy

DELETE THIS

that's BS!

lynn

blocks
02-17-2011, 04:50 AM
that's BS!

lynn

It's maybe an issue to discuss here, maybe not in General Politics. But I don't think it should ever come up when rallying, on signs, etc...There are a million other more pressing issues concerning liberty.

I understand that it's an issue of Constitutionality, but it's the least important violation of the Constitution I can think of in terms of detriment to liberty.

I don't know maybe Obama was born overseas, but the presumption a lot of so-called "Birthers" have is that a Kenyan-born President is inherently more an enemy of liberty than a natively born one. We've had plenty of US-born Presidents who were/are very effective enemies of liberty.

Doug8796
02-17-2011, 04:58 AM
Agreed. We should focus on Ron Pauls ideas and perspectives as HE is the POTENTIAL CANDIDATE not US. You can believe what you want, but stick to what ron paul believes in supporting paul. We dont need signs that say "End the Reptilians in Gov't" or "The Nephilim Shall Return from Niburu" that stuff is better on George Noorey's Coast to Coast AM.