PDA

View Full Version : Orrin Hatch Booed at CPAC for TARP vote

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/46316/

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/conservatives-heckle-hatch-on-tarp-vote/?partner=rss&emc=rss

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/02/11/cpac-2011-orrin-hatch-gets-booed-and-doesn-t-like-it.aspx

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/46316/

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 04:05 PM
This was a very strategic move to make this guy lose his reelection bid.

Senator Mike Lee from Utah has also said he won't endorse Hatch.

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIIzDBJil0M&feature=player_embedded#at=33

EndSlavery
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Post more CPAC videos please, the heckling is just outstanding.

Sola_Fide
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Hatch needs to go away.

Romulus
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
LOL @ Hatch.

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Best part of Sen. Hatch being voted out? Senior Senator Mike Lee.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I was first in line at the microphone on the far right side of the room and other RP'ers started lining up behind me. The people on stage went back and forth between the other two mics, looked our way once and went back to the other side of the room. Before walking away I blew into the mic to see if it was on and it was not. The side I was on was heavy with Ron Paulers so no big surprise that I never got to ask my question.

invisible
02-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Yay, someone else finally mentioned it! Borin' Snatch getting called out was the highlight of the conference for me! I've been repulsed by this turd for like 30 years. My biggest regret at CPAC was not having my video camera rolling at the time, it took me by surprise just like everyone else in the room. Thanks for the video, this is absolutely classic stuff! To see this chump stammer his way through an answer that included such gems as "I voted for it because the secretary of the treasury told me to" is absolutely priceless. Hopefully the video includes the panelists telling the oh-so-ever-polite questioner from the audience to "be civil". Rate this thread the full five stars!

edit #2: unfortunately this clip does not include the "be civil" part that followed, which is equally priceless. perhaps someone has contact with the taper? sure wish I had this in the quality of my front-row tripod shot.

TonySutton
02-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Wait, you mean all of those other CPAC attendees, the polite mature ones were booing and heckling speakers? You must be mistaken, it was only the unruly immature Ron Paul crowd that would stoop so low...

/sarcasm

Matt Collins
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
I was first in line at the microphone on the far right side of the room and other RP'ers started lining up behind me. The people on stage went back and forth between the other two mics, looked our way once and went back to the other side of the room. Before walking away I blew into the mic to see if it was on and it was not. The side I was on was heavy with Ron Paulers so no big surprise that I never got to ask my question.
You have to be aggressive to be the first in line. It wasn't an accident that the first question was full of dynamite.

Vessol
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Glad someone posted a video of that, freaking hilarious.

leonster
02-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Man, check out the comments on the NY Times one though. Clueless.

speciallyblend
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
for all those folks that think speaking up against tyranny is wrong. I would suggest yelling end the fed or declare war or booing orrin hatch is better then dropping predator drone bombs inside cpac! We could always bring pitchforks and tar;) I was at cpac and can tell you what was shouted out was better then what i was thinking or possibly the person shouting was thinking. I personally think we are beyond that point with the gop establishment and we should just be buying tar and feathers and pitchforks!! The gop establishment should be lucky we are only shouting declare war and follow the us constitution and end the fed and small gov instead of heating up tar and saying alot more then declare war etc etc!! It took me 2 days of hearing this neo-con crap before i had to shout out declare war on tim pawlenty and his bs speech.
Tim pawlenty is everything that is wrong with the gop!!

QUOTE=EndSlavery;3111264]Post more CPAC videos please, the heckling is just outstanding.[/QUOTE]

speciallyblend
02-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Glad someone posted a video of that, freaking hilarious.

vessol will tell you i did my best to restrain myself but my top boiled over on tim pawlenty!! god forbid we declare war!! as for orrin hatch i just watched as he was called out on the truth! It was the gop establishment that stayed on stage for 5-10 minutes creating drama over true facts. orrin hatch voted for it!! one thing i learned from cpac is the gop and cpac do not like truth!! so much for open ?? at cpac. the gop doesn't like the truth. It was great orrin and tim pawlenty were called out for their lies!!

invisible
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
vessol will tell you i did my best to restrain myself but my top boiled over on tim pawlenty!!

His warmongering made me want to puke. I was in the front row, just to the left of the "diamond" section, right near the edge of the area surrounding the stage. When everyone booed pawlenty and the chaos erupted, several CPAC officials called out extra security and threatened several supporters who were loudly arguing with other audience members in the middle of his speech with removal. I was appalled at this disgusting behavior by fellow RP supporters, as it will only ensure that those neocon minds snap shut forever. The CPAC officials and security were telling people in and near the front row that they were only allowed to boo, and if they shouted comments they would face ejection. Of course no one took very kindly to that. Instead of booing, I simply laughed at pawlenty as loud as I possibly could, and made sure to throw plenty of big smiles in the direction of the CPAC officials and security.

SB, too bad we never got the chance to meet, you've always been one of my favorite posters here.

Vessol
02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
The CPAC officials and security were telling people in and near the front row that they were only allowed to boo, and if they shouted comments they would face ejection. Of course no one took very kindly to that.

Seriously? I wonder if they made this exception so the Romneybots wouldn't get in trouble.

georgiaboy
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Dear Senator Hatch, after all these decades, you really thought a depression was all of a sudden imminent on the eve of the bailouts? What if the Sec. of Treas. had been a Democrat instead of Republican?

I cannot believe people applauded that man after that answer.

disgusting.

PSAPP
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I found a great video of Hatch's apology from another viewpoint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4PGBSptYCI