PDA

View Full Version : HotAir - Post-CPAC Straw Poll, or if at first you don't succeed...

Lucille
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/14/lets-try-this-again-post-cpac-straw-poll-seriously-dont-acorn-it/

I can appreciate everyone’s interest in promoting their candidates. I am not, however, keen on folks trying to vote multiple times to throw the results. It’s very, very easy to figure out if certain candidate backers are trying to stuff the ballot box, 1.) through the source of the vote, 2.) the combination of candidates chosen, particularly at the top of the ticket, and 3.) the timestamp on those votes. When people violate the clearly stated rules, their votes are removed from the published totals.

To reiterate: It is not to your advantage to try and fail to get more than one vote through; in fact, it hurts your candidate. I want this to be a fairly representative poll, but as I’ve indicated, there have been some real consequences to the ACORN-ing major candidate backers out there. (Side note: Whose backers are trying to game this poll is revealing in its own way.)

@@

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Ron Paul isn't an option.

Flash
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
vote for Johnson

Lucille
02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
I did. And then responded to this:

In that case I think I’ll vote for Ron Paul 20 times!

DarkCurrent on February 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

with...

Sorry! No can do. He’s not an option.

Americans: It’s the economy, stupid!

GOP: WAR!!!!!!!

TonySutton
02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
That is a google doc form. hahaha a person or persons could easily blow the doors off of it.

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Ron isn't an option and I don't like Johnson.

JamesButabi
02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I put Johnson / Paul and made sure to write a comment about not including Paul in the last part.

Agorism
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Of course not. Romney is supposed to be the winner right?

chudrockz
02-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I put Johnson / Paul and made sure to write a comment about not including Paul in the last part.

I did similarly.

chudrockz
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Bump, folks need to go vote in this one, too! :)

Agorism
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Voted

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Vote for Johnson and write-in Ron Paul for VP, and then complain at the end under comments for not including Ron.

Live Free or Die
02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Johnson for POTUS, write-in for VP Paul and the following comment:
"Interesting that you do not include congressman Ron Paul as a choice for President or Vice President. No worries, I will still not pick one of your proffered Neo-Con scumbags as my choice. To now add Mr. 9/11 to the mix shows how few straws are left in your grasp. "

Lucille
02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Johnson for POTUS, write-in for VP Paul and the following comment:
"Interesting that you do not include congressman Ron Paul as a choice for President or Vice President. No worries, I will still not pick one of your proffered Neo-Con scumbags as my choice. To now add Mr. 9/11 to the mix shows how few straws are left in your grasp. "

That is awesome!

dntrpltt
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Here is my rant that I wrote in "Other Thoughts":
(I don't really think it is that good, but I knew I should put something...)

This poll is inaccurate due to the non inclusion of many other possible presidential candidates, namely, Ron Paul, who was the winner of the 2010 and the 2011 CPAC straw polls, and should be on this post-CPAC straw poll. The fact that Paul isn't represented in this poll does not lend any more credence to it or hotair.com, nor does it increase the validity of the outcome. In addition, the fact that Paul is not included in either the "Preferred Presidential" or the "Preferred Vice-Presidential" is a clue that this poll was set up either specifically to not include him, or the creator of this poll pulled his name off the list on purpose due to the creator's own political bias. There is no question that Paul's name is off the list due to bias; likewise, the fact that his name is not on the list cannot be written off as an accident. Therefore, the results of this poll should not be taken into consideration due to clear bias in the polling process.

speciallyblend
02-16-2011, 05:32 PM
if ron is not an option it is not a worthwhile poll! i am done voting for johnson on any level in polls!!

Kotin
02-16-2011, 05:42 PM
if ron is not an option it is not a worthwhile poll! i am done voting for johnson on any level in polls!!

same here.