PDA

View Full Version : IRS Would Add 5,000 Employees Under Obama's Proposal

bobbyw24
02-14-2011, 02:02 PM
President Barack Obama proposed increasing the budget for the Internal Revenue Service by 9.4 percent to hire more than 5,000 new employees, most of whom would pursue tax cheats.

The president’s fiscal 2012 budget released today sets funding for the tax-collection agency at $13.3 billion, an increase of $1.1 billion from 2010, the last time a full appropriation was made for the IRS.

Almost half of the increase, or $460 million, would support the agency’s tax-enforcement programs. Under the plan, the IRS would focus on fighting tax evasion through the use of offshore accounts and cheating by corporate and high-wealth taxpayers. It also would seek out fraudulent tax preparers.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-14/irs-would-add-5-000-employees-under-obama-s-budget-proposal.html

Stary Hickory
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Man Obama loves tax collectors, what a pile of krap. How can people not see straight through this man? Everything he proposes creates moer bureaucracy and more tax collectors. Squeezing the people for every dime they have. What a dirt bag, as if things were not bad enough.

fisharmor
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Gotta put those census workers to use somehow.

Pericles
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
We need to take all of those jobs and utilize the French principle of the Action Sociale. I pull up to the toll booth on the Autoroute, where the toll is like 13 Euro, I hand the guy a 20 Eiro note, and he gives me back 17 Euros. I look at him funny, and he says action sociale - which is what happens when employees think their employers are screwing over the public, and they decide to even things out.