PDA

View Full Version : You are all a bunch of uncivil, over amped, punks, who are ridiculous...

Anti Federalist
02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Among other things...

Check this blog out, I can almost see the spittle flying and thumping carotid artery.

LoL - Giving establishment hacks strokes - priceless.

You guys should have thrown shoes.

I'll grace you with a couple of money quotes.

CPAC 2011: Ron Paul's Last Straw With YAF (Time for Paulies to Grow Up)

This CPAC was the final straw (poll), if you will. Ron Paul received a ridiculous 30 percent of the straw poll vote. But once you get out into the real world Paul's support plummets to but a few small percentage points. The reason Paul won this poll (again) is because his organization flooded the place with 20 something kids all of whom dutifully voted for their patron. This poll was no reflection of the general conservative movement at all.

Ron Paul has made a mockery out of a straw poll that should be just a fun exercise, one that is meant to get a loose idea about what the general conservative movement is thinking.

Seriously. They are rabid, grossly over amped, childish, petulant, stick any negative description here and they are it. CPAC is a conservative event. But it is one for adults. Not the loud, unruly children that Ron Paul has repeatedly sent to the event. CPAC should be a place where all versions of Republicans and conservatives (which are assuredly not synonymous, of course) can come to hear speeches and learn what all sides of the conservative movement are thinking. (Ron himself being booed last year doesn't count, of course - AF :rolleyes:) We should sit and listen attentively like grown ups and not constantly boo people with whom we disagree.

hXXp://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2011/02/cpac-2011-ron-pauls-last-straw-with-yaf-time-for-paulies-to-grow-up.html

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I saw that. The original (widely rebroadcast) doesn't take comments.

Cowards.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I saw that. The original (widely rebroadcast) doesn't take comments.

Cowards.

This one does if you want register.

If I wanted to take the time to register I'd shoot something off like this:

"Civility? Quietly sitting on your hands and listening to spin and bullshit? That's what got us into this mess in the first place. I'm a grown man on the back side of 40. I helped sponsor some of those "punks" to attend and I couldn't be more proud of how they "represented" me. If I had been there, I would have been inclined to throw my shoes at Cheney and Rummy."

sailingaway
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
LOL! Except you and I disagree on shouting at presenters. I think it turns people against us and makes us less effective. Those who discount politics as a viable means of change see things as 'opportunities to make views known' that I consider 'opportunities to build bridges and become more effective'. I noticed that, recently.

I still am not fond of their demonizing our guys, though.

__27__
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Funny how none of them mention he ALSO won the second choice poll, meaning the Mitt/Palin/other voters also picked him right after their first choice. Perhaps we should just cancel all voting and have a small board of YAFers choose the nominee each cycle? God would that give them a hard on.

HOLLYWOOD
02-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh Boy, this guy is a loon

Publius Forum (http://www.chicagonow.com/profiles/publiusforum) said:
http://www.chicagonow.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-static/support/assets_c/userpics/userpic-25729-100x100.png (http://www.chicagonow.com/profiles/publiusforum)
Again, now we are veering off into silver and cotton prices! WHERE, in God's name, did the original post talk about monetary issues or the economy? WHERE did the original post lead you to believe that I would discount Paul's economic positions?
The problem with you Paulnuts is that you are so sold on your little god that even the tiniest criticism of the man sends you off into a stratosphere of hatred.
For your information, I think Paul is mostly right on his economic ideas. Not all but right enough for me to stand behind him on economics.
Yet, here you go, off on some tangent criticizing me for something I DIDN'T even discuss in the original post.
Do try to read things for what they actually say and NOT what your fevered mind imagines they say.

Posted on February 14, 2011 11:02 AM (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2011/02/cpac-2011-ron-pauls-last-straw-with-yaf-time-for-paulies-to-grow-up.html#comment-368157)

silentshout
02-14-2011, 01:42 PM
This one does if you want register.

If I wanted to take the time to register I'd shoot something off like this:

"Civility? Quietly sitting on your hands and listening to spin and bullshit? That's what got us into this mess in the first place. I'm a grown man on the back side of 40. I helped sponsor some of those "punks" to attend and I couldn't be more proud of how they "represented" me. If I had been there, I would have been inclined to throw my shoes at Cheney and Rummy."

I agree.

HarryBrowneLives
02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey, I liked the "RABID" quip ... I'm definately "rabid". The alternative is to roll in there with our wheel chairs, prune juice, and AARP cards a quietly do nothing while the estabishment wise men shower us with BS.

"Rabid, over amped" ... is not a "negative description". Converesly, it is a Positive Description of some young people who's minds are on fire with a new idea ... an idea largely ignored or outright opposed by those class of clowns you pay homage to while they sell our country down the river. All that's required is your silence, your money, and your vote.

BTW, I helped sponsor those "Rabid Punks" too and I'll be damned glad to do it again at any time they are needed!

Pericles
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
LOL! Except you and I disagree on shouting at presenters. I think it turns people against us and makes us less effective. Those who discount politics as a viable means of change see things as 'opportunities to make views known' that I consider 'opportunities to build bridges and become more effective'. I noticed that, recently.

I still am not fond of their demonizing our guys, though.
This tends to be my view - a good sound bite zinger is more effective at making the point.

Why does the political party that claims to be about personal responsibility always look for someone else to blame for any failure it has?

MelissaCato
02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Unbelievable. LOL Ron Paul 2012 !!!

heavenlyboy34
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
"The reason Paul won this poll (again) is because his organization flooded the place with 20 something kids all of whom dutifully voted for their patron."

You guys got RP to be your patron? Damn, I'll have to go next time! I could use the ca$h! /joking

MelissaCato
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
"make views known" .. are you kidding me ? Who takes the oath to defend the constitution ? We know who the punks are. Who is the champion of the constitution ? A few hoots and hollars for a victory is the least of our problem. Just saying.

heavenlyboy34
02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
"We should sit and listen attentively like grown ups and not constantly boo people with whom we disagree."
Kind of like how the Establishment GOP was "civil" back when they locked RP out of an important presidential debate (circa 2007) because he pwned the others' asses? And how they booed RP when he made accurate points about the folly of the war? :rolleyes: The establishment clowns are getting desperate. lolz

Elwar
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
It appears that he deletes any comment that he doesn't have a retort for.

I left the following satire:

I agree, I've been to the last 3 CPAC conferences and have voted for Romney each time. The first year when Romney won we all cheered and patted each other on the back for a job well done. Last year when Ron Paul won we were obviously upset and let them know it with our loud boos letting them and America know that this was our conference! This year I was in the main room again and when Ron Paul was announced my boos were drowned out by the cheers of the Paultards.
Next year I just might sit this one out. Unless Mitt pays for a room for the night.

NewRightLibertarian
02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Yep, that's us alright :D

Elwar
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Ahh, I guess he didn't delete it.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Goddamn kids, when will you learn to act like the rest of us??!!

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/McCain_supporters.jpg

ihsv
02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Goddamn kids, when will you learn to act like the rest of us??!!

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/McCain_supporters.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. Hilariously true-to-life!

Chieppa1
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
This guy is the perfect "GET OF MY LAWN" example. These are the types of articles we should be spreading around to young, pissed off, college graduates that voted for Obama and are annoyed they got tricked into voting for him at 21. Seriously.

Oh, and I would have a field day with this guy, but I'm too lazy to sign up to comment. Does he have a Twitter? Would love to harass him.

Elm
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes we should not boo.

Does Ron boo?

Does Ron insult?

Does Ron interrupt other people while they are speaking?

NO NO NO NO

If we want to be taken seriously we have to stop acting like spoiled brats in the public eye. Everyone who went to CPAC was an ambassador for the philosophy and you don't get people to listen to you when you insult them or behave rudely.

How in the world does any adult not know this?

Humanae Libertas
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Civility? Coming from a guy who is ranting and calling Paul supporters "Paultards".

georgiaboy
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
now is definitely not the time for retreat.

georgiaboy
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Funny how none of them mention he ALSO won the second choice poll, meaning the Mitt/Palin/other voters also picked him right after their first choice.

ooh, somehow I missed this in all the celebrating. cool.

Pericles
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words. Hilariously true-to-life!
With all of that going for him, how could he have lost?

TNforPaul45
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
But it is one for adults. Not the loud, unruly children that Ron Paul has repeatedly sent to the event.

Haha, AF, they just STILL do not get it, do they? The Liberals and the Conservatives both have become so Progressive and so Centralist (Federalist) that they think that ANY actions by ANY person even loosely associated with ANY political figure was performed only because it was centrally and precisely controlled by a central source in the campaign!!! They cannot think outside of a top-down, boot-on-throat control paradigm to save their lives.

They don't realize that WE organized the moneybombs, each one of us! That WE came out and voted for Ron at CPAC and other events! They truly don't believe in the grassroots, because everytime their sides have a "grassroots" event, it is always centrally controlled and spurred on. That is all they've ever known. They refuse to believe that a group of politically minded people can up and decide to coordinate themselves in a manner that only reflects what would happen if there was central control!

I would find it humorous that they suffer from this malady if it were not destroying our country.

Ron Paul bussed us to CPAC. Yeah Freakin' Right! I wish I had been able to go to CPAC, I would have worn a t-shirt that said "Ron Paul Ordered me to CPAC at Gun Point and all I Got was this Lousy T-Shirt!"

MelissaWV
02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
If you step out into the "real world," Romney has so very much support that he wasn't even the GOP nominee in 2008. He has so much support that people associate him with Romneycare and can't think of anything better to say than "he's a businessman" and "nice sideburns."

If you step out into the "real world," people want something to change, but they don't know what, and they're scrambling around waiting for the next overflowing spoonful of bullshit to be offered to them in the form of the GOP nominee.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
YAF...one letter removed from YARF. :D

Kylie
02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Haha, AF, they just STILL do not get it, do they? The Liberals and the Conservatives both have become so Progressive and so Centralist (Federalist) that they think that ANY actions by ANY person even loosely associated with ANY political figure was performed only because it was centrally and precisely controlled by a central source in the campaign!!! They cannot think outside of a top-down, boot-on-throat control paradigm to save their lives.

They don't realize that WE organized the moneybombs, each one of us! That WE came out and voted for Ron at CPAC and other events! They truly don't believe in the grassroots, because everytime their sides have a "grassroots" event, it is always centrally controlled and spurred on. That is all they've ever known. They refuse to believe that a group of politically minded people can up and decide to coordinate themselves in a manner that only reflects what would happen if there was central control!

I would find it humorous that they suffer from this malady if it were not destroying our country.

Ron Paul bussed us to CPAC. Yeah Freakin' Right! I wish I had been able to go to CPAC, I would have worn a t-shirt that said "Ron Paul Ordered me to CPAC at Gun Point and all I Got was this Lousy T-Shirt!"

The Republicans don't get it, but the Democrats sure do. Especially the Organizer in Chief.

I kick back to this old one from Ghandi

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.”

And as far as Ron himself....."Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time. I must continue to bear testimony to truth even if I am forsaken by all. Mine may today be a voice in the wilderness, but it will be heard when all other voices are silenced, if it is the voice of Truth."

Ron is the truth. Whether they like it or not.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
ron paul bussed us to cpac. Yeah freakin' right! I wish i had been able to go to cpac, i would have worn a t-shirt that said "ron paul ordered me to cpac at gun point and all i got was this lousy t-shirt!"

lol!!