PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen:43% Say Government Policy Mistakes Created Great Depression of 1930s, 26% Disagr

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 10:41 PM
43% Say Government Policy Mistakes Created Great Depression of 1930s, 26% Disagree

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/february_2011/43_say_government_policy_mistakes_created_great_de pression_of_1930s_26_disagree

By a 55% to 16% margin, Mainstream voters believe it was government policies that caused the Depression. The Political Class, by a 49% to 15% margin, disagrees and says the government was not to blame.

However, Rasmussen suggests they are thinking of tarrifs, and I think they are thinking of the Federal Reserve. And trying to spend our way out.

Vessol
02-13-2011, 10:45 PM
That's..quite a shift in opinion.

Did they change the crappy history books since I was last in high school?

That's where the majority of americans get their historical knowledge..

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 10:48 PM
I think it's the internet.

Vessol
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
I think it's the internet.

And here I was thinking that with most Americans: internet is synonymous with facebook.

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
And here I was thinking that with most Americans: internet is synonymous with facebook.

I don't like facebook, but I inhale the internet

I like knowing answers.

DamianTV
02-14-2011, 01:51 AM
43% Say Government Policy Mistakes Created Great Depression of 1930s, 26% Disagree

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/february_2011/43_say_government_policy_mistakes_created_great_de pression_of_1930s_26_disagree
However, Rasmussen suggests they are thinking of tarrifs, and I think they are thinking of the Federal Reserve. And trying to spend our way out.

They are trying to focus the blame of the Great Depression anywhere other than where the blame actually belongs. The Federal Reserve Bank.

By doing this, they rewrite history so that people wont have a history to learn from, and the current generation will not foucs the blame of our current economic clusterfuck on the Federal Reserve Bank either.