PDA

View Full Version : Noah's ark Park: No same sex couples allowed at the Creation Museum Date Night (UPDATE)

Agorism
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2011/02/no-same-sex-couples-allowed-at-creation.html

I rushed back from DC to my old Kentucky home last night to attend the spectacular "Date Night at the Creation Museum", where my date and I were to take in a nice dinner and listen to Ken Ham explain what makes a good relationship work.

Unfortunately, we were told at the door that we would not be allowed entry.

They explained to us that the Creation Museum Date Night was a "Christian environment", therefore the presence of two men eating dinner together would not be allowed. The very sight of this would "add an un-Christian element to the event" and "disrupt the evening for everyone".

Times have changed, I guess.

The Creation Museum rep further informed us that you cannot be a Christian if you are gay, asking "can you tell me what exactly is Christian about being gay?". How can you argue with that logic?

When asked for the refund on our tickets, which were purchased in advance, he informed us that there would be no refund, since it said explicitly on their Website that "no gay couples would be permitted to attend their Date Night". That is certainly an interesting admission, despite the fact that it isn't true:
The Better Business Bureau has already been contacted.

And remember, these are the very same people that are claiming that they will not discriminate in hiring for their new Dineysore Ark Park in order to receive $40 million in tax breaks from our fearless leader, Governor Steve Beshear. This, despite the fact that their job advertisements for Ark Encounter explicitly state that applicants must sign a Christian oath purity pledge. And can you really expect Ken Ham to hire a gay employee and pay them money, when they won't even accept money from two men to attend their business, because the appearance of possible Gayness would make their heads explode?

Of course not. This is who they are.

Anyway, the great irony is that while two men were not allowed to attend the Creation Museum last night, guess who they are welcoming with open arms today? None other than Jeffrey Bornhoeft, a lovely fellow making his first trip out of Ohio since the time that he shot his ex-wife's husband three times in the head 11 years ago. Jeffrey is OK though, because he's totally not into dudes.

So I unfortunately was not able to hear Ken Ham's speech, the musical stylings of Ray Cummins, and the observe the rest of the evening. It's a shame, I would have liked to share that with you. However, some friends of ours that you all know were there for the dinner and festivities, and you'll be hearing from them shortly about all the fun going on in the 100% heterosexual Date Night at the Creation Museum.

UPDATE: One of those friends was Jonathan Meador of LEO. Here's his account of what happened before he and his ladyfriend gained entry.

Anti Federalist
02-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Is it a privately owned, whatever the hell this place is?

If so, meh.

Agorism
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
No reason no to protest and make fun of private businesses.

kah13176
02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
If it's a private business, then that is their right, but that doesn't mean they're not bigoted assholes.

wormyguy
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
They stop being a "private business" when they receive $40 million in government handouts. (Also it sounds like they're guilty of breach of contract here too).

FrankRep
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
More Big Government is needed to stop this!!!!1111

sailingaway
02-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Nasty.

BuddyRey
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Jesus would have let them in.

specsaregood
02-13-2011, 09:51 PM
If it's a private business, then that is their right, but that doesn't mean they're not bigoted assholes.

which still makes good business sense if the majority of their customers are as well.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM

:)

Zap!
02-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Then try to change them.

heavenlyboy34
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM

me 2. :)

Freedom 4 all
02-13-2011, 10:47 PM

The Jesus I believe in sure would. However, among Ken Ham's ilk gays are about as welcome as Obama would be in a Klan meeting. They HAD to have known this, why did they show up?

Fox McCloud
02-13-2011, 10:55 PM
They're a business, like any other, and one that is based on profits; considering their average consumer base, I have a feeling this was more profit/business motivated than anything else.

Either way, it sounds like they were trying to create trouble; anybody with half a mind would know that Ken Ham and those similar to him would not allow a gay couple in.

V4Vendetta
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
they can do whatever they want - get over it

Sola_Fide
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
This is just another attempt by the gay mafia to assert their morality.

If these were gay people who were concerned about liberty, then they would have defended the right of this private business to discriminate, even when they don't agree with the discrimination.

To me this is the fundamental difference between the gay mafia in this country and the gays who truly care about liberty. Some people here confuse libertarianism with gay rights.

"Gay rights" is NOT libertarian. Private property rights is libertarian.

Feeding the Abscess
02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
they can do whatever they want - get over it

Yeah, well, they lost that right when they crawled up and begged at the government teat.

If you want to play ball with your own investment and assert your rights - I'm all in favor.

You want to take money from taxpayers, then deny them access? Fuck off.

Zap!
02-13-2011, 11:11 PM
This is just another attempt by the gay mafia to assert their morality.

If these were gay people who were concerned about liberty, then they would have defended the right of this private business to discriminate, even when they don't agree with the discrimination.

To me this is the fundamental difference between the gay mafia in this country and the gays who truly care about liberty. Some people here confuse libertarianism with gay rights.

"Gay rights" is NOT libertarian. Private property rights is libertarian.

Unfortunately, too many here support the gay rights agenda. Kinda makes this paleo-con queasy.

Sola_Fide
02-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately, too many here support the gay rights agenda. Kinda makes this paleo-con queasy.

Yes, I know. Me too.

pcosmar
02-13-2011, 11:16 PM
So let me get this straight (no pun intended)
They went someplace that they knew they would not be accepted and then wrote about it.

What was the purpose in going? Oh yeah, to make a scene.
Mission accomplished.
Why is this a story and who gives a rip?

Feeding the Abscess
02-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Not exactly. The park was partially funded by taxpayers. As such, it's logical to say that they must allow any taxpayer to enter into the park.

If they want to exclude people from their park, they need to build the damn thing themselves.

Sola_Fide
02-13-2011, 11:27 PM
To my knowledge, there was not taxpayer funding of this park. There were tax breaks I think, but that was pretty smart on Kentucky's part, knowing all of the revenue and jobs it will create.

Other people know more about this than me though...

BamaFanNKy
02-13-2011, 11:31 PM
To my knowledge, there was not taxpayer funding of this park. There were tax breaks I think, but that was pretty smart on Kentucky's part, knowing all of the revenue and jobs it will create.

Other people know more about this than me though...

Really? This thing is an joke. It causes more harm than good to the state. Also, why reward a non-Kentucky company to have tax breaks and not the ones based here who have been here for years contributing to our community.

I don't fault the company but, Governor Beshear made a bad deal for Kentucky here.

wormyguy
02-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Um, discrimination is fine and dandy, except when the person who's being discriminated against has already paid for the service in question.

Sola_Fide
02-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Really? This thing is an joke. It causes more harm than good to the state. Also, why reward a non-Kentucky company to have tax breaks and not the ones based here who have been here for years contributing to our community.

I don't fault the company but, Governor Beshear made a bad deal for Kentucky here.

Why is it more harm then good Bama?

Secondly, why doesn't Kentucky give tax breaks to all of their businesses, old and new?

BamaFanNKy
02-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Why is it more harm then good Bama?

Secondly, why doesn't Kentucky give tax breaks to all of their businesses, old and new?

It harms the image of the state. We had a Governor's office actively approach a group that is scientifically dishonest to come to our state with tax breaks that they would not give to current Kentucky businesses. It's like a state version of TIF districts.

Zap!
02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Not exactly. The park was partially funded by taxpayers. As such, it's logical to say that they must allow any taxpayer to enter into the park.

If they want to exclude people from their park, they need to build the damn thing themselves.

How about when we exclude those under 18? Look, I'm no fan of government, except when it's excluding abortion and gays. Rapists & pedophiles can be excluded too for all I care. I'm a paleo-con, not an anarchist.

specsaregood
02-13-2011, 11:56 PM
//

BamaFanNKy
02-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Ya know, I asked my wife --one of those argumentative atheists-- if she would visit a zoo that was designed/inspired after noah's ark. She thought it was a grand idea and said she certainly would. Just saying, it could help tourism, our family would visit on our next road trip.

This isn't a zoo. It's a creationist indoctrination.

Fox McCloud
02-14-2011, 12:08 AM

how is it indoctrination when you pay to voluntarily go there?

In any event, the tax break was available to any and all tourist-related industries that wanted to build in Kentucky; this zoo/museum/whatever you want to call it just so happened to be one of the tourists attractions that go it...what's the big deal? If you're going to protest, protest the tax break for the tourist industry and not just because it's a "religious institution/indoctrination center" etc.

I wonder if people would have been bothered making this topic or complaining about it if it were a giant museum to display the history of evolution? Probably not.

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2011, 12:14 AM
how is it indoctrination when you pay to voluntarily go there?

In any event, the tax break was available to any and all tourist-related industries that wanted to build in Kentucky; this zoo/museum/whatever you want to call it just so happened to be one of the tourists attractions that go it...what's the big deal? If you're going to protest, protest the tax break for the tourist industry and not just because it's a "religious institution/indoctrination center" etc.

I wonder if people would have been bothered making this topic or complaining about it if it were a giant museum to display the history of evolution? Probably not.
Uh.... that was my point. I oppose it like I oppose TIF districts.

Also, you should protest a religious group getting a break to build a for profit facility. If it was Jihad land something tells me the tax break would not be there.

That said, if they built it with their money (like they did their Creation museum) I would have no issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TME30pPBw58

The video also shows they are scientifically dishonest.

dannno
02-14-2011, 12:17 AM
What if you show up with a regular friend, who, uhh, is the same sex :confused:

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2011, 12:18 AM

That's fine, just leave the Streisand in the car.

Kregisen
02-14-2011, 01:01 AM

The title says date night so I'm assuming they will only allow heterosexual dates

Sola_Fide
02-14-2011, 01:30 AM

Let's talk about indoctrination. Let's talk about the state controlled compulsory school system where Darwinism is enforced.

Let's talk about the taxpayer funded natural science museums that indoctrinate us solely with Darwinism.

And Creationism is dishonest? Do we have to go in to the outright lies and frauds in the history of Darwinism? How about the outright lies that are in the textbooks to this very day!

dannno
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
The title says date night so I'm assuming they will only allow heterosexual dates

Oh, I missed that part, I thought the museum regularly turned away pairs of people who happened to be the same sex :p

Aratus
02-14-2011, 01:23 PM
i've been sorta following governor beshear's further PR missives justifying the decision to
hand the ARK PARK GROUP state monies on hopes of an expanded tax base. once again
i am trying to resist the temptation to surf over to PageOne upon seeing the B&P story....

silentshout
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
If they take government handouts, they don't seem to be a private company anymore, so bleh. No idea why the people wanted to go there anyway. Of course the owners would be bigoted toward them.

silentshout
02-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Let's talk about indoctrination. Let's talk about the state controlled compulsory school system where Darwinism is enforced.

Let's talk about the taxpayer funded natural science museums that indoctrinate us solely with Darwinism.

And Creationism is dishonest? Do we have to go in to the outright lies and frauds in the history of Darwinism? How about the outright lies that are in the textbooks to this very day!

omg.

V4Vendetta
02-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, well, they lost that right when they crawled up and begged at the government teat.

If you want to play ball with your own investment and assert your rights - I'm all in favor.

You want to take money from taxpayers, then deny them access? Fuck off.

oh ok, I didn't know they got tax payer money.... then you are correct

And I happen to believe that evolution is a complete falsehood

Fox McCloud
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
If they take government handouts, they don't seem to be a private company anymore, so bleh. No idea why the people wanted to go there anyway. Of course the owners would be bigoted toward them.

it's a tax break, not a handout.

libertybrewcity
02-14-2011, 05:26 PM
who would want to go there anyways...lol

Sola_Fide
02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
who would want to go there anyways...lol

My kids can't wait to go.

It's a floating zoo for goodness sake! Who wouldn't want to see that?

Agorism
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't support government forcing them to admit gays, but I do support protesting and making fun of them. Imagine if there was a KKK business in the neighborhood.

Everyone would ridicule them. If they feel that strongly about their "religious" beliefs then let them stand up to attacks and criticism.

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't support government forcing them to admit gays, but I do support protesting and making fun of them. Imagine if there was a KKK business in the neighborhood.

Everyone would ridicule them. If they feel that strongly about their "religious" beliefs then let them stand up to attacks and criticism.

I don't support them getting tax deductions to come to the state.

QueenB4Liberty
02-14-2011, 06:00 PM

I agree. But I kind of agree that if they are taxpayers and the place took taxpayer dollars then they should have to admit taxpayers.

Agorism
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't support them getting tax deductions to come to the state.

I don't mind the tax deductions parts. Less people people paying taxes is good progress.

dannno
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I agree. But I kind of agree that if they are taxpayers and the place took taxpayer dollars then they should have to admit taxpayers.

Ya we should all go there and make fun of the fact that they worship Jesus and he would never exclude gay people.

dannno
02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't mind the tax deductions parts. Less people people paying taxes is good progress.

Then there should be tax deductions spread across the board for everyone, not just Jesus parks.

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
it's a tax break, not a handout.

I'm sure many know the real details, but the private company, under this arrangement, only gets a tax credit on taxes they collect at the park, or pay on the employees, etc. If the money isn't generated by tax revenue from the park, they're not eligible for any tax money.

If the park is a complete failure, they will get very little in return, basically the tax revenue they collect, or would have been forced to pay.

I'm not saying I like economic teams giving these special deals, as I support an across the board option that benefits everyone, but it's not like the taxpayers of Kentucky are funding this. Unless, the private business gets money for roads to accommodate their business. But I've haven't heard or seen any evidence of that.

P.S. I guess I could be defined as Agnostic, but my kids and significant other will want to go to this zoo.

Who will want to go to this? Kids and Christians, and that's a big market in Kentucky, especially the latter.

I think it's wrong to force private businesses (especially Christian businesses) to be forced to accommodate or serve people they don't want to; it's their business. However since they are taking "tax credits," there could be contract negotiations changing this.

Sola_Fide
02-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Then there should be tax deductions spread across the board for everyone, not just Jesus parks.

The tax breaks were for all tourist-related parks.

Agorism
02-14-2011, 06:07 PM

You'll never get a "fair" tax system since taxes are unfair. It's like saying we need everyone to victimized equally.

Or we could just support it whenever victims are decreased (as in this case)

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM

They give similar deals to Toyota, Ford and many aluminum plants here, the same should apply for those businesses that apply to Jesus parks, correct?

I notice the left doesn't go nuts about those deals.

Agorism
02-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Fair Tax and Flat tax are a joke since they force the lower and middle class to pay a ton of taxes to make up for lost revenue from the tiered system.

Besides most Libertarians support no taxes not some other scheme that Huckabee or otherwise is peddling and never intends to implement anyways.

TheDriver
02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Fair Tax and Flat tax are a joke since they force the lower and middle class to pay a ton of taxes to make up for lost revenue from the tiered system.

Besides most Libertarians support no taxes not some other scheme that Huckabee or otherwise is peddling and never intends to implement anyways.

The Fair Tax supposedly has tax credits for the poor to reimburse them for their lost taxes. But yes they're both a joke. I think the poor should have to pay taxes, they get the same government I do.

Rael
02-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Who cares? Why is it a news story every time gay people don't get their way? Not everyone approves of the gay lifestyle. Get over it.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Private property, private business, their loss. Gay groups should accept that fact and call for a boycott. When the park loses money, they'll reconsider.

libertybrewcity
02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Private property, private business, their loss. Gay groups should accept that fact and call for a boycott. When the park loses money, they'll reconsider.

I doubt the Creation Museum gets a whole lot gay visitors

Ranger29860
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
omg.

lol my exact reaction to reading that.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Who cares what this museum does? I swear, people need to learn some tolerance.

TonySutton
02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
This is the kind of thing where I just want to pop some popcorn, sit on my futon with some iced tea and watch the fun.

__27__
02-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Who cares what this museum does? I swear, people need to learn some tolerance.

There are only two types of people I can't stand in this world, people who are intolerant of other peoples culture......and the Dutch.

Agorism
02-15-2011, 08:13 PM
The Dutch are evil

Fox McCloud
02-15-2011, 09:12 PM
It sounds like I was right; these guys were just trying to make a scene, and there's definitely some twisting of words going on. Regardless of what you think of "Creationism", Ken Ham, or "Answers in Genesis", at least listen to their side of the story: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2011/02/15/crashing-date-night

they present fairly compelling evidence that it was meant to cause a scene from the beginning.

edit: this also took place, it seems, at the Creation Museum, which, to my knowledge was 100% financed by private money and didn't receive any tax breaks either, so the "received public money" argument is totally moot.

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 12:10 AM
It sounds like I was right; these guys were just trying to make a scene, and there's definitely some twisting of words going on. Regardless of what you think of "Creationism", Ken Ham, or "Answers in Genesis", at least listen to their side of the story: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2011/02/15/crashing-date-night

they present fairly compelling evidence that it was meant to cause a scene from the beginning.

edit: this also took place, it seems, at the Creation Museum, which, to my knowledge was 100% financed by private money and didn't receive any tax breaks either, so the "received public money" argument is totally moot.

Thanks for the link.

Fox McCloud
02-16-2011, 12:12 AM
I'd like to add that the the Creation Museum allows homosexuals into the museum, but if you make a scene, for whatever reason, you will be kicked out.

BamaFanNKy
02-16-2011, 12:15 AM
As for the incident.... the guy who made a scene, he's an attention whore and a michael Moore wannabe.

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
As for the incident.... the guy who made a scene, he's an attention whore and a michael Moore wannabe.

Oh really. Didn't know that...

BamaFanNKy
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh really. Didn't know that...

Yes you did....

Sola_Fide
02-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Yes you did....

I figured it was someone from the left-authoritarian gay mafia, but I didn't know about this guy.

When the Creation museum opened, there were like daily protests from just about every secular group in the country.

Creationism cuts to the core of everything. You can't be on the fence about it. You either hate it and want to see it eradicated or love and cherish it, and see God's work in every thing that exists.